OTA for EVO Available

kckid

A sprint CS rep told u this?......

U realize hackers can't do anything to ANY info(this app aside) less you give said hackers app access to ur system to begin with so that is on u to not give sketch apps certain permissions...

I really hope you are not putting all this on what a sprint CS rep said to you btw...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Turning a blind eye to security is an ignorant proposition.

I know one piece of this software is for the Teenage Drive thing they try to get you to pay for. It's supposed to lock the phone while the kid is driving if turned on. Just one of the many APKs I remove from the ZIP file before flashing.

Don't text n drive digi. Lol jkjk

Turning a blind eye to security is an ignorant proposition.

He's talking about some hacker getting the info on the phone. I'm saying that's not gonna happen less u give said hackers app permissions it shouldn't have to access stuff...hence its on the user...same as on anything else. Like giving a app permissions and that app steals ur google wallet info.....who's fault is that, the hacker or the user?....

I'm doing anything but turning a blind eye to it....simply asking for proof of all these fantam claims out there..... Till they show then its nothing more than tin foil hats really...

• Like 2

Does anyone else have this problem on their HTC EVO 4G LTE? Hit HOME and....

u7y3emy4.jpg

Mine rarely does that tbh since the last OTA...it will sometimes but only when I switch from app to app doing a ton on each and then go to home.

Yeah.. but that was a canned response. They obviously werent really there....

I'm sure it was, and I'm sure he was connected to the Punjab call center. I just thought it was comical that they would tell him to remove the battery in the EVO LTE, which is supposed to be Sprint's signature phone.

u7y3emy4.jpg

As the Sargent said I haven't had it happen since the last OTA update to Android 4.0.4 and Sense 4.1. Before that I would get it after playing anything that I stayed on too long. EG: If I just checked S4GRU.com and pressed home nothing would happen but if I stayed for like 15 minutes and checked posts, wrote it would almost always happen. Also it would happen after long play sessions of Dead Trigger. But usually I would only get once every other day. But like I said I haven't had it happen in the new update. What version are you on?

u7y3emy4.jpg

I've seen it maybe once or twice since I got my EVO LTE .... in JULY. And definitely have not seen it since the last OTA.

I saw it maybe once every week or two with the 3D, but it was never so often that I considered it a problem at all.

• 2 months later...

As the Sargent said I haven't had it happen since the last OTA update to Android 4.0.4 and Sense 4.1. Before that I would get it after playing anything that I stayed on too long. EG: If I just checked S4GRU.com and pressed home nothing would happen but if I stayed for like 15 minutes and checked posts, wrote it would almost always happen. Also it would happen after long play sessions of Dead Trigger. But usually I would only get once every other day. But like I said I haven't had it happen in the new update. What version are you on?

It happened to me a couple of times,,, as you described, I was using multiple application, memory intesive games, etc... when I hit home, it would load for a couple of seconds and then would load up. My quess is that since the phone has 1gig of ram (which could be not enought for certain applications if you are a heavy user and multitask a lot), as you exit the application you are on, or just close it going back to the home screen, the system has to start dumping un-used apps that use up memory in order to load up sense ui. I bet if we had, say 2gigs of ram, it would not happen.

I have had the issue ocassionally, but over thanksgiving my phone went into a reboot loop. I cleared all the memory by holding the power and volume down button on boot. I lost all my downloaded apps. I have slowly added them back except for advance task killer. Haven't seen the problem appear yet.

FWIW!

Lee