OTA for EVO Available

kckid

What this update DID do for me:

Much faster multi-tasking

3rd Haptic Button functionality mod

Changed pull-down bar menu from a flat black back to the rounded looking shiny black bar (like older versions of sense).

Seems to have improved constant 3G dropping?

What this update did NOT do:

Fix constant Sense home resets. (happens 50-100 times a day for me even after hard reset and on my 2nd E4GLTE)

Why is there little to nothing out on the vast worldwide web about this popular glitch? I have had 3 HTC EVO 4Gs, 7 HTC EVO 3Ds, and 2 HTC EVO 4G LTE's. Only 1 (ONE) of the HTC EVO 3D's did NOT have this issue (it was a plum coloured later model EVO 3D).

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/428512?tstart=0#428512

NOTE: This happens to me 50-100 times a day WITHOUT any after factory apps installed (I tested it).

Why is there no solution?? Or even a recognition of this issue that is more annoying than a few inches of screen space being gone because of no menu button! :(

This is a MAJOR time waster to wait 5-10 seconds for Sense to reload almost EVERY time you hit home.. even RIGHT after a factory reset or a brand new replacement phone.

Please help! (And don't say root; I don't).

Thanks!

Why is there little to nothing out on the vast worldwide web about this popular glitch? I have had 3 HTC EVO 4Gs, 7 HTC EVO 3Ds, and 2 HTC EVO 4G LTE's. Only 1 (ONE) of the HTC EVO 3D's did NOT have this issue (it was a plum coloured later model EVO 3D).

NOTE: This happens to me 50-100 times a day WITHOUT any after factory apps installed (I tested it).

Why is there no solution?? Or even a recognition of this issue that is more annoying than a few inches of screen space being gone because of no menu button! :(

This is a MAJOR time waster to wait 5-10 seconds for Sense to reload almost EVERY time you hit home.. even RIGHT after a factory reset or a brand new replacement phone.

Thanks!

mine doesn't reset that much but I have noticed this. I'm rooted, so I have to wait on update, but you're right. I don't remember that problem on the 3VO or OGVO tho! Maybe you just were super unlucky those times lol

By chance did anyone else have their phone turn into a paper weight today? My phone went to reboot and never made it past the HTC screen. Phone was stock with no modifications. I don't think the update had anything to do with it but just wanted to check.

Mine started doing it overnight and it wont respond to a soft reset.

http://community.spr...tstart=0#428512

Thanks!

What this update DID do for me:

Much faster multi-tasking

3rd Haptic Button functionality mod

Changed pull-down bar menu from a flat black back to the rounded looking shiny black bar (like older versions of sense).

Seems to have improved constant 3G dropping?

What this update did NOT do:

Fix constant Sense home resets. (happens 50-100 times a day for me even after hard reset and on my 2nd E4GLTE)

When I first received my EVO 4G LTE I started playing with the developer options and after checking "Don't keep activities" I encountered the same problem. After unchecking it the problem went away.

Thanks!

Maybe its because this issue isn't as widespread as you may think. Now granted, I do experience sense reloads but not enough for me to complain about and it only really happens when whatever tasks I am doing requires quite a bit of ram. Now yes, me evo is rooted but my girls evo is fully stock and she doesn't experience it that often either and she is a very heavy user as well. So maybe you have very bad luck.

• Like 1

Thanks!

I've got stock EVO as well, and have not seem this as a problem. Granted, if I overload Chrome with too many tabs, it'll reset Sense, but maybe... Once every two weeks? I don't even remember the last time it happened. So either one of two things:

A. You have a bunch of intensive apps/widgets that use up your RAM, or

B. You're extremely unlucky.

I'd lean towards A, but don't know for sure.

I can also report that Sense reloads are very sporadic for me. They happen but so infrequently that I can't remember the last one. I can't imagine 50-100 times per day. If something like that is going on it's far from a bug or glitch. I would guess that your device is defective.

Thanks!

I have the Evolte also. I do experience this issue every so often. Its not something that happens all the time (at least so far). I have found that it occurs when the phone is hot. I work a lot in hot attics or in direct sunlight so my phone will sometimes get pretty warm, but that is the only time I seem to have this issue.

After that many handsets, the common denominator is you. Are you, perhaps, a source of static electricity? You do come across as something of a spark plug.

AJ

• Like 4

Can I complain about the missing 1x icon too?

Meh.. Too much effort. So much easier to load a rom that has many issues fixed and also I cut down the garbage running myself as well. I have never experienced this home reset issue you speak of.

Yes, you shouldn't have to load something aftermarket but I haven't found one phone that is exactly perfect.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

I'm actually amazed with the update. Movement between the home screens is seamless, the browser is faster, and battery life has improved dramatically. I left my phone unplugged and was checking it every 15 minutes or so, forgetting to turn the screen off here and there, and after 3 hours the battery was still at 94%.

I did notice something interesting regarding the device looking for a LTE signal. I live in NYC and whenever I notice I'm connected to a NV tower (because the speeds are dramatically better -- not being sarcastic -- on NV 3G, and ping times under 50ms) I used to try to switch between CDMA only and CDMA/LTE. When going back to CDMA/LTE the 3G icon always disappeared for a few seconds, and then came back. More recently some NV towers had the 3G icon disappear for over 10 seconds, making me think it was actually broadcasting LTE but blocked, trying to verify access. I even once got a data access error message. Now post update, the 3G icon doesn't go away when looking for LTE, and I'm assuming this will be a battery saver.

I obviously could be wrong and don't know a ton about the network infrastructure, but this was all through deduction.

After that many handsets, the common denominator is you. Are you, perhaps, a source of static electricity? You do come across as something of a spark plug.

AJ

I do have to agree. Your use is probably the common denominator here. Is there an app installed on all of your devices that is causing this? Heavy widget use? I'm a stock user and stick to pretty solidly rated and popular apps (even though I have 85 apps and counting) and rarely have a Sense reload problem, maybe five times total since I've gotten the EVO 4G LTE.

LTE connection seems to be worse for me with this upgrade. I'm sitting in my house where I have had a solid 4G connection in the past and after the update, I have had to toggle airplane mode to get it to connect 4G.

I can't find the Quick Settings in the drop down menu.... Anyone know where I can set it?

I reset the phone already after the update and I still don't see it

-Luis

That was never part of any stock rom on the evo lte...only cooked ones. Look for updated roms in the days to come based off this latest ota update

That was never part of any stock rom on the evo lte...only cooked ones. Look for updated roms in the days to come based off this latest ota update

I believe it was.. I think either the ATT version or the International one had it added.

How does Sprint decide in what order to roll out these updates? How long does it take?

Looks like the update was first available Wednesday, 29th, 9:28 am ?EST. But I knew nothing about it until I saw the thread here. Obviously hadn't rolled out to my phone by Thursday, 30th, 10:30 pm PST. That's about 40 hours without auto-update.

So, what would be the burden to have updates come all at once? Come to think of it, just how many EVO LTE's are active on Sprint?

Things seem slightly snappier, and my battery life also improved. My battery indicator indicator is at 70% after a work day (light usage - occasional texting, and during lunch I'll web browse or read artlicles using the Pulse app)

I do have a settings button in my notification drop down menu.

Things seem slightly snappier, and my battery life also improved. My battery indicator indicator is at 70% after a work day (light usage - occasional texting, and during lunch I'll web browse or read artlicles using the Pulse app)

I do have a settings button in my notification drop down menu.

I have heard so many people comment on the settings button on the notification drop down menu like its never been there before. That settings button been there since day one.

I have heard so many people comment on the settings button on the notification drop down menu like its never been there before. That settings button been there since day one.

I hate that I can't hit the menu button on the home screen to get to settings anymore. I know the swipe down settings is there but I hate having to grab that little bar at the top. Think I might switch back to adw ex launcher where I can swipe down anywhere on the screen for notifications. Miss that from my epic. Or maybe I will just edit my key layout file like I had it before the update.

I hate that I can't hit the menu button on the home screen to get to settings anymore. I know the swipe down settings is there but I hate having to grab that little bar at the top. Think I might switch back to adw ex launcher where I can swipe down anywhere on the screen for notifications. Miss that from my epic. Or maybe I will just edit my key layout file like I had it before the update.

Well why cant you? When I hit the menu button on the homescreen the settings menu pops right up for me.