Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

For those not following the Network Vision Site Map - Ohio Markets & West Virginia thread. Columbus has it's first approved LTE site: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/682-network-vision-site-map-ohio-markets-west-virginia/page-11

• Like 1

If you check Google Earth, some of these sites have had new cabinets for more than 4 months. Just an observation. Doesn't remove the relevance of the question. Working in the technology industry, when I request a build out from a local Felco it generally occurs within 2 weeks. As a long term Sprint customer, I'm tired of hearing the excuses for why there is always a delay in upgrading the network. First itwas the epic fail of WiMax and now it's the slow rollout of LTE. Oh, don't make another excuse for Sprint. They are the one's who set expectations high with the number of people who would have coverage by the end of 2013 only to have to pull back and blame it on over ambition.

I'm glad the Columbus market is seeing build outs in preparation of NV, especially considering they aren't on any official list Sprint has put out. It doesn't change the fact that as a consumer I have doubts about Sprint being able to execute their plans when they have a track record of failure in their recent past.

Cabinets often arrive far in advance of work. In some markets, we have seen them arrive six months in advance.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

Hello everyone, I've been a lurker for a while but wanted to share some of my speed tests.  I've been getting good speeds around the Henderson Rd, Kenny, Bethel Rd area. 

What surprised me was the Henderson Rd and Knightsbridge Blvd test on a Monday at 5:07pm; I got 1.9 mbps down and 349kbps up.  This is a lot better than the 637kbps down/ 33 up two weeks ago.

The other attached pic was at Bethel and Kenny Rd, 1.9mbs down & 758kbps up at 7:05am Monday morning.

Over the weekend, I had to go to Michigan.  I was able to get 9.2mbps down, 3.1mbps up in Ypsilanti on Route 23!  First time I drove through a market that had 4g LTE, can't wait for Columbus to get done.

Screenshot_2013-06-25-12-04-08.png

Screenshot_2013-06-25-12-05-03.png

Screenshot_2013-06-25-12-03-56.png

• Like 1

The accepted tower is not putting out LTE just yet

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Darn. Keep us updated if you ever go by there again.

I'll drive by tomorrow and try forcing airplane mode and see if I can get anything...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The accepted tower is not putting out LTE just yet

Darn. Keep us updated if you ever go by there again.

I'll drive by tomorrow and try forcing airplane mode and see if I can get anything...

You may have better luck tomorrow. I reset my connection several times plus put ny phoneI'm airplane mode a couple times.

Getting 4G in the Northland area this morning.

Is this for real?????  

4g logo and all?  Super exciting.  Maybe I have to go to Menards today, I'd assume that'd put me in the right area. 

That aside, I've been wondering, there seems to be a lot of information on permits giving an idea of when they upgrade the towers, but I gather we don't have any effective way of determinine when fiber gets run to the towers.  That would seem to be the biggest thing.  Upgraded towers, and new fiber would be enough for me where I am at, just to get over 1 mbps and good ping time would be magical.  

I'm right next to Menards at ODT.

ROCK ON!  Very tempting to do that for lunch..

Do you have sensorly installed?  You should totally start / map it.  Install it if not.  After all, it'll download pretty quick for you.. lol

Edit: Nevermind, I am not doing that on lunch, I just remembered I don't have my phone with me.    Because I went swimming with it.. lol.  Oh well, my HTC One comes today.

Edited by bumonbox

Great 3G speeds at Easton tonight. The top result is from that. The really good one you see at the bottom was in NC last week on LTE.

http://i.imgur.com/ZOMDy5wl.jpg

Do you know if you were connecting to the Hilton or Morse Road?

Do you know if you were connecting to the Hilton or Morse Road?

I'm going to assume it was the Hilton because it was full strength. That was at about 9:30 or so last night so not a lot of people on the tower, but still, those were about the maximum DL speeds for 3G on Sprint, from what I've seen.

• Like 1

Getting 4G in the Northland area this morning.

Screen shot please, it's not that I don't believe you.... Just want to see the goodness. What phone do you have? Did your phone find it or did you have to trigger it?

I'll be checking it at around 1500 today, checking signal and mapping it... See if my EVO will pick it up without forcing it!

• Like 1

4.98 Mbps D

2.70 Mbps U

While not crazy high (perhaps the backhaul isn't yet there or something else is still going in, or simply the fact that there are so few other towers to share capacity).  That's definitely beyond a 3g connection.  Very nice to see.  

I still want to see those purple spots on Sensorly, seriously want someone to map it via sensorly.  And we can then proclaim, with proof to all, that columbus has 4g.  

• Like 1