Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

So Sprint is giving a 30 day Satisfaction Guarantee on its Plus Network, for new customers. Personally for this area, I think they should wait til the densification project is completed. Maybe there's a Big Rollout about too happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My route from Columbus to Decatur,Indy and back was uninterrupted this morning. Usually I lose service in the Russell's Point area and 2 other small towns. Hope this continues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

1x800 now completed in Columbus OH (minus a few sites still in test mode).  What does that mean? Fewer dropped calls, better availability of data (at slow speeds -- but otherwise you would have none).  This is great new for the northern half of Columbus!!  The way it was done also opens the door for 5x5 B26 LTE which also has better building penetration, since it uses the same low frequency band.

:tu: :tu:  Thank you Sprint

• Like 2

1x800 now completed in Columbus OH (minus a few sites still in test mode).  What does that mean? Fewer dropped calls, better availability of data (at slow speeds -- but otherwise you would have none).  This is great new for the northern half of Columbus!!  The way it was done also opens the door for 5x5 B26 LTE which also has better building penetration, since it uses the same low frequency band.

:tu: :tu:  Thank you Sprint

That's great to hear!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Question... can anybody explain why I am not even pulling 2 mbps up or down In the Barnett Rd and Livingston Ave area on my HTC M9? I dread these Clearwire Towers. #Sofrustrating.

4d9b84c7861707b6d3cedf36e44446d1.jpg

62a501dcbd32f888dafe037ac3669c57.jpg

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Question... can anybody explain why I am not even pulling 2 mbps up or down In the Barnett Rd and Livingston Ave area on my HTC M9? I dread these Clearwire Towers. #Sofrustrating.

The Clear sites as currently configured are at the end of their useful economic life and are reportedly no longer supported by their manufacturer. The US government views them as a security risk thus they are slated to be upgraded (to the best of our knowledge). The court case against Sprint likely delayed action on this by 4 months minimum (they could not make new plans while it was an uncertain resolution. Held up by a bunch of church people -- so your to blame ;). Since they generally measure time in millenniums rather than nano seconds, WiMAX was advanced technology to them! :lol: ).

Decommissioning of Clear sites only used for WiMAX has begun. We have also seen fiber going towards Clear sites broadcasting LTE, which could eliminate the current microwave bottleneck. Microwave is not bad, the Clear microwave has just been never upgraded in virtually all cases.

The way all Columbus Metro LTE 2500 is currently configured, even the Sprint LTE 2500 sites can not be upgraded to host a third LTE 2500 carrier for carrier aggregation (combining them for better speed for the latest phones, adding capacity for everyone else) until the Clear sites are upgraded.

Columbus is experiencing its third LTE 1900 expansion. What started as LTE 5x5 was expanded at many sites to 10x10 last year. Now a third expansion to 5x5 + 10x10 has begun. It has been observed at sites of all types, except GMO LTE which make up less than 1% of our sites. Currently more than 70 sites with 5x5 + 10x10 have been found, generally by people driving around doing their usual activities.

If you wish to know which sites have been found, or even to help out by providing peak signal data logs through Signal Check Professional ($3 or so), make a small donation to S4GRU for $10-20 or more by clicking on the donation item in the upper right corner here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/index

4d9b84c7861707b6d3cedf36e44446d1.jpg

62a501dcbd32f888dafe037ac3669c57.jpg

That area has been the absolutely worse for voice and data. Been that way since 08. Need the densification project too hurry

Voice isn't bad at all anymore. Now that Clear b41 towers are live...it is hard to get my normal Sprint B41 bandwidth.

south of Livingston in between James rd and Barnett is where I'm located. They told me too turn of my lte cause the signal is so weak. Calls don't go thru until I hit i70. Must me an IOS thing

I am located near Coburn and ScottWood and I did experience very bad service between Zettler and James and like you said. It cleared up once I got on 70. Sense they enabled B-26 band last February at The Groves and Courtright site it has been a lot better. I had the M7 last year and switch to the M9 last May. Maybe a PRL or Profile update will help.

• Like 1

:td:

Sprint LTE network down in Columbus.  Started with B41 this morning and was back for a while, then all LTE died before lunch.

To get on 3G your must go to settings | Mobile Network | Network Mode and then change it to CDMA.  Don't forget to change it back to global later today.

• Like 1

:td:

Sprint LTE network down in Columbus. Started with B41 this morning and was back for a while, then all LTE died before lunch.

To get on 3G your must go to settings | Mobile Network | Network Mode and then change it to CDMA. Don't forget to change it back to global later today.

What side of town? I work by Lewis Center and I'm not having LTE issues with B41.

Issues reported in Hilliard, west side of Columbus, Reynoldsburg, south end of Columbus.  A lot of people in our chat have vanished, likely due to no connection.  Waiting for other reports.

Issues reported in Hilliard, west side of Columbus, Reynoldsburg, south end of Columbus. A lot of people in our chat have vanished, likely due to no connection. Waiting for other reports.

Thanks for that info. I live on the south side of Columbus. Hopefully when I get home from work it will be resolved.

Dublin ok. Delaware having lots of drops to 3G. Sprint Customer care is aware of the issue.

back to normal. reset your network settings back to global. battery may have drained more than usual.

• Like 1

Thank God it wasn't just me. My phone reset on its own last night and I had to reconnect my google accounts. I thought the network errors all day in Grandview were related to the phone crapping out.

Edited by SuperZu83
  • Like 2

Thank God it wasn't just me. My phone reset on its own last night and I had to reconnect my google accounts. I thought the network errors all day in Grandview were related to the phone crapping out.

Just got reports that Methodist hospital near Upper Arlington and Grant Hospital downtown were fine at that time, so it was widespread but was also spotty.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Most likely to do with Band 41 EARFCN relocation.

They're shifting the Band 41 LTE carriers from 2570s-2610s to 2620s-2670s.

What does that mean?

Preparation for band 41 3rd carrier. We do not have proof of that shift yet, but it is a logical conclusion.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...