Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Some person going on an ill-informed rant about S4GRU.com being a scam. Don't worry, our membership, moderator and owner came in and held it down for us.

Got to love someone trolling the forums about something they know little about. 

As promised earlier, I'll be doing mapping along I-71 through downtown Columbus and on 33 in Lancaster, and then 158 through Baltimore.  Stay tuned on sensorly later on today.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 1

Got to love someone trolling the forums about something they know little about. 

As promised earlier, I'll be doing mapping along I-71 through downtown Columbus and on 33 in Lancaster, and then 158 through Baltimore.  Stay tuned on sensorly later on today.

Have a good day everyone.

You more than likely will not see LTE until you hit 158.

I work off of E. Broad st by Mt. Carmel East and typically can't hold a call or at best hold the call and catch about 1/2 of the conversation.  The last few days I haven't dropped a call and they've been clear which makes me wonder if I'm connecting to 800.  Any other way to confirm other than signal check pro? I noticed thru lite that I'm picking up eHRPD which I don't recall seeing the last few weeks.

I work off of E. Broad st by Mt. Carmel East and typically can't hold a call or at best hold the call and catch about 1/2 of the conversation.  The last few days I haven't dropped a call and they've been clear which makes me wonder if I'm connecting to 800.  Any other way to confirm other than signal check pro? I noticed thru lite that I'm picking up eHRPD which I don't recall seeing the last few weeks.

SCP vs. SCL should still show 1X800 I believe...?  Does your 1X connection just say 1X?  You should be able to scroll back thru this topic to find a screenshot of SCP with 1X800.

Not trying to rain, but lab vs. real world is going to differ tremendously. Excited to see it though.

SCP vs. SCL should still show 1X800 I believe...?  Does your 1X connection just say 1X?  You should be able to scroll back thru this topic to find a screenshot of SCP with 1X800.

In the upper right hand corner of SCL it says eHRPD nothing about 1x or 1x800.  when I go into the debug screen and look at the data status screen I see 1xrtt (of course my phone just switched back to 1xrtt when I was lookin it up)...

What I find so shocking is all of the hate on all of the comments associated with this story. You would think people would be excited about the positive news that this brings. I for one and very happy about the possibility of a network that operates at these speeds.

Columbus will have to be one of the 100 markets.

• Like 1

No 800 lte, right?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Once LTE800 goes live, we'll have "Sprint Spark" as the other two pieces are already in place.

Ok, that's what I thought... Any time frame for 800 lte?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Nope. I have projections up until March and it's not on non of those, but that could change.

One thing to note if you think you're on 800 is to check the SID & NID displayed in SCP or SCL. SID 4418 with NID 35 is 3G in our market, SID 22442 & 22443 with NID 214 is 800 in our market. That would tell you for sure. If you're using the stock PRL then it's probably by chance you could be connecting to 800. When I'm on stock PRL, the only time I got 800 was when all other 3G was gone. The nearest live 800 to that location is Pickerington & Canal Winchester and those can be received in Whitehall, Easton and downtown. 

One thing to note if you think you're on 800 is to check the SID & NID displayed in SCP or SCL. SID 4418 with NID 35 is 3G in our market, SID 22442 & 22443 with NID 214 is 800 in our market. That would tell you for sure. If you're using the stock PRL then it's probably by chance you could be connecting to 800. When I'm on stock PRL, the only time I got 800 was when all other 3G was gone. The nearest live 800 to that location is Pickerington & Canal Winchester and those can be received in Whitehall, Easton and downtown. 

Could also be E. Main/270 Cloverleaf, but not sure if it's still active.

Could also be E. Main/270 Cloverleaf, but not sure if it's still active.

I was excited to see that until I saw SID 22449; not live but in test. Digi told me that's not in the stock PRL but his test PRL to hunt sites transmitting before they are official live. Then they change the SID to an active one in the market once its live.

• Like 1

Hello all,

As promised I did some mapping along 33 and 158 in and out of Lancaster on sensorly.  As COZisBack said I wouldn't find any LTE until Baltimore, but as us Russians say: hope dies last.  Unfortunately I did not find any LTE, except for Baltimore, but I did add more coverage to the map.

• Like 6

I was excited to see that until I saw SID 22449; not live but in test. Digi told me that's not in the stock PRL but his test PRL to hunt sites transmitting before they are official live. Then they change the SID to an active one in the market once its live.

Yes, Ohio is a bit far from Puerto Rico. 800SMR is impressive but not that good!

LTE in canal Winchester. Brice rd cell. I got the panel info too. 16 down, 14 up at best. Just came alive at about 730. ;-)

This is just ridiculous. I have cycled multiple times, and now my phone decides it's the best time to stick on 800! Bah!

This is just ridiculous. I have cycled multiple times, and now my phone decides it's the best time to stick on 800! Bah!

PRL update is the only was to drop it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk