Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Anyone having data issues today. I'm seeing split second drops in data on two devices since yesterday. I'm currently in Columbus and the other line on my account is down in Jackson seeing the same issue.

Phone will show LTE, then drop to voice only for 5-10 seconds then back to LTE. Both iPhones.

I just reported it in Sprint Zone.

Anyone having data issues today. I'm seeing split second drops in data on two devices since yesterday. I'm currently in Columbus and the other line on my account is down in Jackson seeing the same issue.

Phone will show LTE, then drop to voice only for 5-10 seconds then back to LTE. Both iPhones.

I just reported it in Sprint Zone.

I would recommend going to your dial pad and typing ##CLEAR# talk. Every now and then your phone may need a profile refresh. Sprint has been changing a lot of things lately that may have triggered the need to do this.
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Columbus is now fully proceeding with maintenance upgrades for the Clear sites that will double their signal capacity.  Work should be finished by 12/31 or sooner.

• Like 1

Columbus is now fully proceeding with maintenance upgrades for the Clear sites that will double their signal capacity. Work should be finished by 12/31 or sooner.

When you say "signal capacity" does that mean I'll be able to hold/ pick up a connection in more places filling dead spots or is this just about more speed?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge in this.

Sent from my iPhone 6s+ using Tapatalk

Your answers are in the premier sponsor thread.

• Like 1

Your answers are in the premier sponsor thread.

Duh. I keep forgetting I'm apart of that. Thanks!

• Like 1

clearly there will be more coverage, i found a website that shows ever single tower in my local area including towers that sprint still owns and arnt even on this website (i was a sponsor at one point in the past) even shows when work was last done on the tower and by who.

• Like 1

clearly there will be more coverage, i found a website that shows ever single tower in my local area including towers that sprint still owns and arnt even on this website (i was a sponsor at one point in the past) even shows when work was last done on the tower and by who.

Are you able to disclose what website it is?

hello all,

It's been a couple years since I have been here. I am trying to get some info on if the New LTE bands for Sprint that are on the IPHONE 6s and 6s Plus make a big difference. I am on the east side (Pickerington) and work at Easton. my Iphone 6 (non s) gets horrible data. I have been with Sprint 16 years I thought the Network Vision would help. Thank for the updates.

Results from one of the new Clear converted sites, which are now being done at a rapid pace:

c798d7c65d6344c925f27b43e609bee7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

• Like 6

hello all,

It's been a couple years since I have been here. I am trying to get some info on if the New LTE bands for Sprint that are on the IPHONE 6s and 6s Plus make a big difference. I am on the east side (Pickerington) and work at Easton. my Iphone 6 (non s) gets horrible data. I have been with Sprint 16 years I thought the Network Vision would help. Thank for the updates.

Welcome back! The iPhone 6 does not support Sprint B41 which is Sprint's spectrum to relieve the congestion of the other bands. They literally can dish out plenty of speed in that band. The iPhone 6+ does support B41. So this is technically why your data speeds are possible to be so slow.

Next is location, location, location! Easton is one of several difficult areas to get signal to because it has to maintain a certain look. Then anywhere away from the mall could be Sprint badlands because of the valley nearby. Pickering ton is also another place that towers have to be creatively placed. There are many around Pickerington and one in. Unfortunately everyone's dog and cat in Pickerington has a cell phone and it is one heavy user area. Not only so for Sprint but other carriers as well.

Your only bet for a great data experience on sprint with an iPhone is an iPhone 6s.

Edit:

I looked again and the iPhone 6 and 6+ do list B41. Maybe the issue then is no carrier aggregation? Also keep in band B41 is short range, complete opposite of B26. Sprint is now converting Clear sites to B41 in our market creating a denser B41 experience.

• Like 1

hello all,

Welcome back! The iPhone 6 does not support Sprint B41 which is Sprint's spectrum to relieve the congestion of the other bands. They literally can dish out plenty of speed in that band. The iPhone 6p does support B41. So this is technically why your data speeds are possible to be so slow.

Next is location, location, location! Easton is one of several difficult areas to get signal to because it has to maintain a certain look. Then anywhere away from the mall could be Sprint badlands because of the valley nearby. Pickering ton is also another place that towers have to be creatively placed. There are many around Pickerington and one in. Unfortunately everyone's dog and cat in Pickerington has a cell phone and it is one heavy user area. Not only so for Sprint but other carriers as well.

Your only bet for a great data experience on sprint with an iPhone is an iPhone 6s.

Everything that the amcferrin90 said is correct. Easton is a tricky area but the IPhone 6 supports B41 and the iPhone 6s supports 2CA on B41(B41 + B41) what which will give you faster speeds depending on the location. I have both devices and noticed that in my exp, I can easily hit 50-70mbps on my 6s and 10-20mbps on the 6. When I am at Easton shopping, I see about 24mbps. Your speeds will vary based on your location honestly.

I just looked and saw he edited out his post so disregard 90% of my post minus the exp I get on the speed front.

Btw is anyone getting extremely slow speeds in the Polaris Lewis Center area? It's taking me 5 minutes to post on here and surf the web. Let me go try and report it on the Sprint app.

• Like 3

Everything that the amcferrin90 said is correct. Easton is a tricky area but the IPhone 6 supports B41 and the iPhone 6s supports 2CA on B41(B41 + B41) what which will give you faster speeds depending on the location. I have both devices and noticed that in my exp, I can easily hit 50-70mbps on my 6s and 10-20mbps on the 6. When I am at Easton shopping, I see about 24mbps. Your speeds will vary based on your location honestly.

I just looked and saw he edited out his post so disregard 90% of my post minus the exp I get on the speed front.

Btw is anyone getting extremely slow speeds in the Polaris Lewis Center area? It's taking me 5 minutes to post on here and surf the web. Let me go try and report it on the Sprint app.

Great thanks all. I only 4-5 mbps on 6 at Easton outside. Inside it's barley 1mbps. I am probably going to preorder the 7p and use the apple payment plan. My contract with sprint is up in Nov so that will give me some time to test. I would prefer to stay with Sprint as long term I think they will be better than t-mobile

• Like 1

Only thing I'm going to complain about is that Sprint didn't seem to do anything special for being a loyal customer. I was a customer for 11 years and stuck out my contract when service was beyond miserable. For that reason I went shopping and found better deals. I tried TMO and found their service a lot like Sprint. I went elsewhere.

• Like 1

Only thing I'm going to complain about is that Sprint didn't seem to do anything special for being a loyal customer. I was a customer for 11 years and stuck out my contract when service was beyond miserable. For that reason I went shopping and found better deals. I tried TMO and found their service a lot like Sprint. I went elsewhere.

I have no issues with my service minus today. But I've been with them for 6 years not counting when I was on my parents account in high school. I know I'm not owed anything from them and that's to be expected but you would think they would be a tab bit more grateful to the bulk of customers who stood by them when the network was complete trash.

Rumor has it that they are axing a lot of older plans to lower the amount of plans they have out. I saw on Reddit someone posted on the quarter call Marcelo came out and said he plans consolidate all plans from over the years to less than 10 plans that users are on. I'm on Unlimited My Way and if it's on the list and I can't upgrade without changing plans, adding extra fees or making it too difficult then I'll look elsewhere. Time l tell to see if this rumor is true or not.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Columbus Market 2016 Confirmed Changes

2 new sites for a total of 406 network vision sites

9 stand-alone legacy sites from Shentel purchase of nTelos serve our market area with 3g

19 sites added 1x800 for improved calls

3 GMOs (GMRs) added B25 LTE 1900

4 regular sites added B25 LTE 1900

58 more sites with B25 LTE 1900 10x10

145 sites with B25 LTE 1900 10x10+5x5

110 Clearwire B41 RRH sites replaced by Mini Macros with B41 LTE 2600 Carrier Aggregation and improved backhaul

2 sites with B41 LTE 2600

1 site with 8T8R for B41 installed but not activated

166 sites confirmed with B41 LTE 2600 3rd Carrier

63 more sites with B26 LTE 800 (most with 3x3)

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any news on small cells in Columbus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask in Columbus Premier

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ask in Columbus Premier

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I keep forgetting I'm apart of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3