Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

40978 looks like the regular first carrier.

I normally see 40521 with b41. Might just be a glitch then.

It means we are now ready for B41 3rd Carrier. Details in Premier thread.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprint-faces-questions-mobilities-small-cell-rollout-efforts-handset-write/2016-06-08

Don't know if articles can be posted but this is interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[emoji106] Links to the source are fine, assuming non subscription and relevant.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

PRL and profile must be updated soon else your phone may not work in our market and a few others. This is being forced on some phones.

Sprint B41 3rd carrier has arrived at about 30 sites so far in Columbus.  It will boost b41 throughput by up to 50% at these sites.  Initially it is available to the original "spark" phones (G2, G3, etc).  Carrier aggregation phones (G4, etc) continue to use the 1st and 2nd carrier at this time. Later it will support 3xCA on phones such as the Samsung S7 and HTC 10.

• Like 2

Sprint B41 3rd carrier has arrived at about 30 sites so far in Columbus.  It will boost b41 throughput by up to 50% at these sites.  Initially it is available to the original "spark" phones (G2, G3, etc).  Carrier aggregation phones (G4, etc) continue to use the 1st and 2nd carrier at this time. Later it will support 3xCA on phones such as the Samsung S7 and HTC 10.

thats nice, now if they could only work on getting their 4G coverage as good as their 3G coverage. 

also no speed test picture posted?

• Like 1

thats nice, now if they could only work on getting their 4G coverage as good as their 3G coverage.

also no speed test picture posted?

A Speed test or two will likely be shown after 3xCA arrives. Right now you would need before and after and control for many variables.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking to test out carrier aggregation somewhere. I work on the south side, just north of Obetz. When I go outside I get band 41, but it appears to be only one carrier (about 30mbit). Is there anywhere in town that anyone knows I can test 2x CA? 

Also, would there be any reason why I don't get CA where I'm at? Do some towers only have one carrier? Does CA only work on two or more towers, not multiple carriers on the same tower?

I'm looking to test out carrier aggregation somewhere. I work on the south side, just north of Obetz. When I go outside I get band 41, but it appears to be only one carrier (about 30mbit). Is there anywhere in town that anyone knows I can test 2x CA?

Also, would there be any reason why I don't get CA where I'm at? Do some towers only have one carrier? Does CA only work on two or more towers, not multiple carriers on the same tower?

What phone do you have (still iPhone)?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Yes, I have an iPhone 6S Plus.

I will note it's the AT&T version with band 30.

The "regular" version of the iPhone 6S Plus does support CA.  Chillicothe does have some CA.  If you can receive Band 41 outside of the traditional Columbus metro, it has carrier aggregation.  This might be a firmware issue.  Try asking here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7164-iphone-6s6s-plus-user-thread/

The "regular" version of the iPhone 6S Plus does support CA.  Chillicothe does have some CA.  If you can receive Band 41 outside of the traditional Columbus metro, it has carrier aggregation.  This might be a firmware issue.  Try asking here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7164-iphone-6s6s-plus-user-thread/

I haven't tried Chillicothe, but I'm more curious about the Columbus area.

I work in Columbus and outside my workplace I show B41, EARFCN 40978. Signal is between -92 and -96. I'm not sure if it's possible that there is only one B41 carrier on the tower I'm connected to or not (or that the signal is too weak?). I was hoping to figure out some place I can go in town where 2xCA is a sure thing. 

I figure I'll try the Arena District after work, that's not too far away.

Edited by mattdistro

I haven't tried Chillicothe, but I'm more curious about the Columbus area.

I work in Columbus and outside my workplace I show B41, EARFCN 40978. Signal is between -92 and -96. I'm not sure if it's possible that there is only one B41 carrier on the tower I'm connected to or not (or that the signal is too weak?). I was hoping to figure out some place I can go in town where 2xCA is a sure thing. 

I figure I'll try the Arena District after work, that's not too far away.

I decided to try Chillicothe, locked onto band 41 near the fairgrounds. Weak signal, but definitely getting 2xCA,. All is well!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It seems like Call quality has been poor on 270 in the westerville area lately.. Lots of dropped calls.

Please report via sprint zone app

Funny you guys are saying this. I'm having data issues up in the Lewis Center area. Wonder if it all related?

Sent from my iPhone 6s+ using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Funny you guys are saying this. I'm having data issues up in the Lewis Center area. Wonder if it all related?

Again, please report via sprint zone app, it's actively monitored.

• Like 1

Again, please report via sprint zone app, it's actively monitored.

I already have around 9 this morning.

• Like 1

And an update on the situation.... Ended up being a handful of Sprint users that I know of and all had the same issues. Issues with calls and texts.

Seems to be fixed but it might have been Sprint messing with PCI's and doing upgrades that caused it.

Man, I left sprint for about two years (since I last posted) and am now back with a GS7 and I'm amazed at the progress made on speed and better coverage. I love WiFi calling too big savior when  i'm at moms house with no service visiting. Anyways, are there plans to switch to VoLTE and use the wifi calling handoffs to VoLTE like Tmobile and Verizon do? That would be great. Wifi calling right now is kinda like an (dare I speak its name) air rave.

:)

• Like 2

Man, I left sprint for about two years (since I last posted) and am now back with a GS7 and I'm amazed at the progress made on speed and better coverage. I love WiFi calling too big savior when  i'm at moms house with no service visiting. Anyways, are there plans to switch to VoLTE and use the wifi calling handoffs to VoLTE like Tmobile and Verizon do? That would be great. Wifi calling right now is kinda like an (dare I speak its name) air rave.

:)

VoLTE from what we believe is still quite a ways out.  I believe the last I heard was 1-2 years at least.  They simply need to have the LTE density expanded dramatically in order to not have dropped calls.

• Like 2

VoLTE from what we believe is still quite a ways out. I believe the last I heard was 1-2 years at least. They simply need to have the LTE density expanded dramatically in order to not have dropped calls.

I can't wait to get it. I wish they gave the option to opt in and out of it at will.

• Like 1