Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

The smorgasbord analogy is perfect. Why? All Sprint really has to do is tell people when closing time is for the buffet and enforce that closing time. Just set a network prioritization point and stick with it. 25 GB is more than enough. Then crowded towers have data prioritized users. That system seems fair to me, and it allows for users to control their costs.

• Like 2

How about we accept the fact that Sprint has network priority and management in place and that it does it's job. So who cares if someone runs a speed test or someone is watching YouTube. Network management prioritizes the packets as it sees fit for the defined profiles. So let's argue about another metric...my network has greater cell density than yours.

We don't have to accept anything, merely because you say it. We have every right to inform the populace that excessive speed tests produces an unnecessary strain on the network. AJ said clearly running speedtests is a tool used by network enthusiasts to diagnose and track issues, as needed. No one is advocating taking that away.

You do what you want, but you have been educated. That's what this site is for, education. You can reject the information we provide, you have that right. But don't tell us to stop. We're not going to. And frankly, you're off base to tell us to do that at our own site.

AJ said you do what you want with your data. But people who use more than their share needlessly will only necessitate undesirable changes to unlimited sooner. Does that describe you? We don't know. Nor are we going to investigate you to find out. And frankly, we don't even care. But we did our part to explain what's coming for those who do. We won't be accepting much whining when it does come down, either.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

• Like 4

We don't have to accept anything, merely because you say it. We have every right to inform the populace that excessive speed tests produces an unnecessary strain on the network. AJ said clearly running speedtests is a tool used by network enthusiasts to diagnose and track issues, as needed. No one is advocating taking that away.

You do what you want, but you have been educated. That's what this site is for, education. You can reject the information we provide, you have that right. But don't tell us to stop. We're not going to. And frankly, you're off base to tell us to do that at our own site.

AJ said you do what you want with your data. But people who use more than their share needlessly will only necessitate undesirable changes to unlimited sooner. Does that describe you? We don't know. Nor are we going to investigate you to find out. And frankly, we don't even care. But we did our part to explain what's coming for those who do. We won't be accepting much whining when it does come down, either.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

great point!

Where at?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Off of green Meadows Dr at Polaris.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thx, but I found it yesterday derrph. Info in Premier forum, but I will say I haven't seen your SCC channel before

Dang lol. I need to renew my membership. I'm still trying to understand that lte eng page. I have a Samsung test drive device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Dang lol. I need to renew my membership. I'm still trying to understand that lte eng page. I have a Samsung test drive device.

Which device? I tried but 2 slow...

Which device? I tried but 2 slow...

I have the Note 5.

• Like 1

Thoughts or mini review?

I'm a diehard iPhone user but I actually like the Note 5. Screen is amazing, camera is excellent especially the front facing one. What I did notice is that phone held on to a lte signal better than my iPhone. There is a part of 270 where I normally drop to 3G on my iPhone and it did but the note held a lte signal. Probably because it's a CA device. What I don't like is the random force closing of apps. It's not too bad but it happens at least once or twice a day. The S-Pen is nice especially when drawing on images in snapchat. The battery is great with me getting at least 12 hours on one charge which is enough for me. Overall I like the device. I would seriously consider getting one but probably after a few months when the price drops on it.

Edited by derrph
  • Like 1

Where at?

Off of green Meadows Dr at Polaris.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I stand corrected. You DID find a new CA site derrph!! That screenshot confirms that the tower by where you were does have CA based on the PCIs. Congratulations, and welcome to the CA finder's club!!

The one I found was by Magic Mountain.

• Like 1

I'm a diehard iPhone user but I actually like the Note 5. Screen is amazing, camera is excellent especially the front facing one. What I did notice is that phone hold on to a lte signal better than my iPhone. There is a part of 270 where I normally drop to 3G on my iPhone and it did but the note held a lte signal. Probably because it's a CA device. What I don't like is the random force closing of apps. It's not too but it it happens at least once or twice a day. The S-Pen is nice especially when driving on images on snapchat. The battery is great with my getting at least 12 hours on one charge which is enough for me. Overall I like the device. I would seriously consider getting one but probably after a few months when the price drops on it.

The force close issues are probably from the latest android version and the apps needing updated.... Email the developer!

I really like the note series but think I will stay with nexus phones for now on the bc of the quick android updates. I'm currently using the nexus 6 and have flashed the developer preview 3 for the upcoming marshmallow release.

P. S. Renew ur membership and join our Columbus chat for all the information!

I stand corrected. You DID find a new CA site derrph!! That screenshot confirms that the tower by where you were does have CA based on the PCIs. Congratulations, and welcome to the CA finder's club!!

The one I found was by Magic Mountain.

Thanks!! WOOT WOOT!

• Like 1

The force close issues are probably from the latest android version and the apps needing updated.... Email the developer!

I really like the note series but think I will stay with nexus phones for now on the bc of the quick android updates. I'm currently using the nexus 6 and have flashed the developer preview 3 for the upcoming marshmallow release.

P. S. Renew ur membership and join our Columbus chat for all the information!

I don't blame you. The nexus line is similar to an iPhone. You're guaranteed updates. Actually I did. Think about emailing the developer but I thought, no reason to since I'm sending this phone back before its 30 days when the new iPhone comes in the mail. The closing is not too much of a issue cause apps close out on iOS also. My safari browser was doing it last week.

You should do some speedtests if on unl data [emoji57] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji33] [emoji41]

I'm tempted too but according to Samsung each phone gets 2gb of data and if we go over we are charged (according to a Samsung rep and not stated on the website). But when checking the sprint app on the phone. It's a big pool of data being shared. So I don't know if we can use what we want or there really is 2gb per person.

I'm tempted too but according to Samsung each phone gets 2gb of data and if we go over we are charged (according to a Samsung rep and not stated on the website). But when checking the sprint app on the phone. It's a big pool of data being shared. So I don't know if we can use what we want or there really is 2gb per person.

2 gb would be annoying for a test device, they should call it a test wifi device.  :lol:

2 gb would be annoying for a test device, they should call it a test wifi device. :lol:

I agree. But I suspect that Samsung is going to make a lot of people unhappy if they really do charge people for going over. They won't win over iPhone users that way. But the website never stated there was a data limit per person. Plus the site said 30 days no obligation.

I agree. But I suspect that Samsung is going to make a lot of people unhappy if they really do charge people for going over. They won't win over iPhone users that way. But the website never stated there was a data limit per person. Plus the site said 30 days no obligation.

I agree, how happy would you be to like the phone turn it in and find out you owe $ for testing it to much especially if that wasn't made %100 clear from the start, also makes it hard to track usage when you part of everyone's "bucket". How can they even effectively track it...

@GMotif you live south of Waterloo right? Have you seen the fiber being installed by on your south?

I live on Waterloo Road and Time-Warner's subcontractors are putting in the fiber optic lines in this area.  Waterloo Road runs north and south so when you ask "on your south" not sure what you mean.  Of course, there are about 6 streets in the Canal Winchester area that have Waterloo in their name, i.e.. Waterloo Road, Waterloo Street, Waterloo Court, etc.  I suspect you mean Waterloo Street which is one of the 2 main streets in Canal Winchester with High Street and Waterloo Street being the center of town.

The old cable system we had in this area was INSIGHT COMMUNICATION.  That system was so old it did not include the latest in TV let alone internet (AS IN NO INTERNET AT ALL).  TWC bought them and is now upgrading our area FINALLY.  The reason I went with CLEARWIRE and now, SPRINT was because those were the only options I had in this area except for satellite internet (and that cost a fortune).

One of the subcontractors showed me the map of the area that TWC is upgrading and this entire area is being upgraded (low density housing for the most part and farms).  So we are talking south of Canal Winchester and east to greater Lithopolis, etc.

In July, one of the sub-contractors told me it usually takes 3 to 6 months after they initially string the fiber optic lines for TWC to turn the switch and activate the system.  Hopefully, by November (when CLEARWIRE is turning off the lights) TWC will be ready, but if not, my neighbors will have a a short wait and then TWC will come to rescue.  

I switched to SPRINT (unlimited plan) about 14 months ago from my CLEARWIRE unlimited plan because the tower that services this area (across the street from KINGY'S) is about 1 mile from home and I easily doubled my speeds and often they are tripled.  

I live on Waterloo Road and I am about 1 mile south of the SPRINT tower that serves this area.  That tower is across the street from KINGY'S PIZZA.

Typically, I get 10 to 15 mb downloads and about the same for uploads.

However, recently, I have experienced several episodes where I have received downloads/uploads over 20 mb.

These speeds do not usually last that long, an hour or so.  Is this reflective of possible testing or something.  Just has happened in the last week or so (that I have noticed).

I live on Waterloo Road and I am about 1 mile south of the SPRINT tower that serves this area.  That tower is across the street from KINGY'S PIZZA.

Typically, I get 10 to 15 mb downloads and about the same for uploads.

However, recently, I have experienced several episodes where I have received downloads/uploads over 20 mb.

These speeds do not usually last that long, an hour or so.  Is this reflective of possible testing or something.  Just has happened in the last week or so (that I have noticed).

Could be second carrier coming online and/or carrier aggregation (CA) but CA speeds should be a lot higher. It may also depend on your distance and since you're going through a mobile access point may contribute to choking your speed. 

The fastest I ever got from that site was mid 30's and it was night time. Are you using B41 or B26 LTE?

• 4 weeks later...

Sprint WiMAX network still appears to be fully operational.  Just  got about 6.5/1.2 Mbps (was about 14 down when it first started. 30 days remaining.  WiMAX countdown timer on right side of main page

• Like 2