Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

There is a new tower going up on the grounds of Hartley High School. Livingston and James Rd. Could it be Sprint?

Sorry...

Project Description:   3179 E LIVINGSTONE AVENUE - VERIZON WIRELESS CELLULAR COMMUNICATIONS 100-FOOT MONOPOLE TOWER AND EQUIPMENT FENCED COMPOUND - INSTALL MONOPOLE W/ ANTENNAS, FENCE & INDUSTRIALIZED UNIT PLAN APPROVAL: FINAL REVIEWED FOR COMPLIANCE UNDER: 2011 OBC AND TIA-222-G WORK INCLUDED IN THIS APPROVAL: STRUCTURAL AND ELECTRICAL INCLUDING IU BUILDING WORK NOT INCLUDED IN THIS APPROVAL: NONE USE / OCCUPANCY GROUP: U, UTILITY CELL TOWER / IU EQUIPMENT SHELTER BUILDING / CELLULAR COMMUNICATIONS EQUIPMENT / FENCED ENCLOSURE CONSTRUCTION TYPE: II-B / NON-SPRINKLERED DESCRIPTION OF THE WORK: INSTALL CELLULAR EQUIPMENT COMPOUND SITE: FERRIS/CLMB-243 FOR VERIZON WIRELESS. PROPERTY IS CURRENTLY VACANT AND WILL RECEIVE ACCESS ROADWAY, STORMWATER DRAINAGE, FENCED COMPOUND, GROUND-MOUNTED EQUIPMENT AND STEEL MONOPOLE. THE 100-FOOT STEEL MONOPOLE TOWER WILL CELLULAR EQUIPMENT MOUNTED ON A VERIZON-DEDICATED PLATFORMS AT THE 100-FOOT AND THE 85-FOOT LEVELS WITH TWELVE (12) PANEL ANTENNAS ON EACH PLATFORM AND TWO (2) 8-FOOT MICROWAVE DISHES AT THE 65-FOOT LEVEL. AN OHIO-CERTIFIED MODEL D-9219 FIBREBOND 11-6 BY 25-5.5 BY 9-0 INDUSTRIALIZED UNIT SHELTER BUILDING WILL BE INSTALLED IN THE EQUIPMENT COMPOUND ON A REINFORCED CONCRETE PAD AND THE EQUIPMENT SHELTERED IN THE BUILDING WILL BE CONNECTED TO THE TOWER-MOUNTED EQUIPMENT BY COAXIAL AND HYBRIFLEX CABLES. STRUCTURAL DESIGN OF THE MONOPOLE AND ITS FOUNDATION ARE BY ENGINEERED ENDEAVORS DATED MARCH 4, 2013 BY MICHAEL R. MOREL,P.E. USING TIA-222-G STANDARD AND 2011 OBC WITH A 90-MPH WIND LOADING; AND ENGINEERED PLANS FOR THE PROJECT ARE PROVIDED BY GPD GROUP BY DARRIN KOTECKI, P.E. ADDITIONAL ELECTRICAL SERVICE WIRING INCLUDES AN EQUIPMENT H-FRAME, SERVICE WIRING AND GROUNDING METHODS, AND SERVICE TO THE SHELTER BUILDING. CONDITIONS OF THE OCCUPANCY: 1)UNOCCUPIED STRUCTURES EXCEPT FOR MAINTENANCE & REPAIRS, AND ANY PROPOSED ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT TO BE TOWER-MOUNTED WILL REQUIRE A STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS DETERMINATION AND REPORT FOR PRE-APPROVAL. DESIGN OCCUPANT LOAD: NONE UNOCCUPIED STRUCTURES FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEMS: NOT REQUIRED / NONE INSTALLED FIRE ALARM SYSTEM: NOT REQUIRED / NONE INSTALLED NOTES / COMMENTS / CONDITIONS OF THE PLAN APPROVAL: ELECTRICAL AND STRUCTURAL INSPECTIONS ARE REQUIRED PER THE ATTACHED REQUIRED INSPECTIONS CHECKLIST. RECORD / HISTORY: PROPOSED LOCATION HAS BEEN VERIFIED AS CONTAINED ON PROPERTY LISTED ON FRANKLIN COUNTY AUDITORS PARCEL #010-105294.
  • Like 2

I think all Sprint has been talking about is Pico cells. Verizon has been putting Pico cells up all over Columbus. Sprint would do themselves well to build out full NV sites where Clear sites are and Sprint already isn't coexisting. Unfortunately I don't think they're too worried about voice, not nearly as much as they are data. They should just sell off their voice service to another carrier, become just a broadband service and call it a day.

I think all Sprint has been talking about is Pico cells. Verizon has been putting Pico cells up all over Columbus. Sprint would do themselves well to build out full NV sites where Clear sites are and Sprint already isn't coexisting. Unfortunately I don't think they're too worried about voice, not nearly as much as they are data. They should just sell off their voice service to another carrier, become just a broadband service and call it a day.

Sprint still has lots that they need to do.  Upgrade of GMOs certainly needs to be on this list (unless they are in very remote places).  More sites and bumping sites to high capacity around the edges of growing cities since they have not really expanded in ten years (especially where they currently have narrow beam antennas).  More sites along new freeways.  Decisions on what to do with various roaming agreements.

To say that they don't care about voice belies their dramatic improvement in dropped call rates.  Much of this improvement has been credited to 1x800, which the northern half of our metro does not have given their buffer zone.  Eventually voice and data will totally merge.

Sprint still has lots that they need to do. Upgrade of GMOs certainly needs to be on this list (unless they are in very remote places). More sites and bumping sites to high capacity around the edges of growing cities since they have not really expanded in ten years (especially where they currently have narrow beam antennas). More sites along new freeways. Decisions on what to do with various roaming agreements.

To say that they don't care about voice belies their dramatic improvement in dropped call rates. Much of this improvement has been credited to 1x800, which the northern half of our metro does not have given their buffer zone. Eventually voice and data will totally merge.

an article I just read said Sprint was deploying Small Cells in 2014. It's a 2014 article but I was wondering if the deployment had started?

I was riding down Jackson Pike on the south side and saw workers on top of the Sprint tower across from the correctional facility. It looked like they were installing panels but I thought that tower was done. 8d88ca52a234be4e0851f39e0c813483.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Not valid at all.... Seems like it got confused.

Ok I thought so cause when I saw it I thought there's no way b25 is on 20 when it was a 5x5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New 8T8R and B41 continuing to be found in Columbus metro!

• Like 2

How valid is this? I picked it up by blacklick metro park ...

...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the cell identity to display correctly, it needs to be set to bold.

For the cell identity to display correctly, it needs to be set to bold.

Knowing his location and the PCI it should have been the site at Livingston and 256. This is based on the map information being correct. To backwards verify I took the physical site ID from that site in the map and converted sector 0 to decimal and got 140535296. There's enough digits to verify that. It does look like his phone was in transition between bands though.

• Like 1

Has there been anything done with the decommissioned iDen sites or in the works in Columbus due to network expansion announced?

The old Nextel equipment has been pretty well removed. I'll lean on completely removed as I believe that was a pre-req for the FCC sign-off of rebanding. Any new Sprint sites whether at an existing Nextel site or otherwise would have to be permitted. I haven't read of any new permits unless our crack permit searching team is taking a nap. Verizon has been deploying small cells all over town. It would not surprise me if that becomes the new fad for the rest of the carriers. These are similar to wireless access points and have a range of 500-1000 feet. Truthfully though, the only new sites I've seen are AT&T and Verizon sites.

Has there been anything done with the decommissioned iDen sites or in the works in Columbus due to network expansion announced?

I have seen many former Nextel sites with the old equipment still present (decommissioned and obsolete) in our market at more remote sites and the west side of Columbus.  I don't doubt that many are no longer available.  Sprint already did convert many Nextel sites along the various freeways.  We do know where these possible future sites are, but you need to be a premier member.  There have been a few new sites in adjacent markets as well as downtown during the last year.