Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

i've learned how much buildings can effect the signal strength so much. i had -70dbm LTE signal where the tower is lit up but as soon as i turned into another street only a block away from the tower, the signal strength immediately dropped to -95dbm. not sure if the site has been completed.

That's why in NYC, their needs to be a panel every mile or so on different degrees angled compared to small cities, where they mostly have houses compared/buildings.

LTE is amazing , I had it all day yesterday I was so disappointed when I got home bc I was out of Signal Range & I didn't have it anymore .

This is a block away from my house. I get so mad because as soon as I turn the corner, it disappears.

Heres my weird speedtests , i don't really understand why the download of the bottom one which is 3 bars of Sprint LTE is faster than the top 5 which is 5 Bars of Sprint LTE , i thought it might be because I was moving but the bus I was on had come to a hault many times & the speedtest never changed I was the slightest bit confused by it , anyone have an idea why it was like this ?

http://tinypic.com/r/289g5kj/6

Heres my weird speedtests...

Here is the easy solution to your agita: do not run so many speed tests.

What are you trying to prove? You do realize that you are just wasting capacity. By running speed tests, you are just reducing capacity for others and yourself.

AJ

• Like 3

You must be jailbroken cause ur phone says NaNaCh!ll instead of Sprint . Lmao nice

Yes sir. Since day 1 :-)

And yea running a bunch of speed tests uses up a bunch of data. I only do 2-3 at a specific time and with LTE it usually sucks up about 30-40 megabytes.

Fortunately for my fellow sprint users, I'm not very data hungry. Just some web browsing and social networking here and there.

What are you trying to prove? You do realize that you are just wasting capacity. By running speed tests, you are just reducing capacity for others and yourself.

AJ

I am addicted to speedtest...should i stop, and actually use data more productively!? LOL!

AJ

Yes sir. Since day 1 :-)

And yea running a bunch of speed tests uses up a bunch of data. I only do 2-3 at a specific time and with LTE it usually sucks up about 30-40 megabytes.

Fortunately for my fellow sprint users, I'm not very data hungry. Just some web browsing and social networking here and there.

I didn't know that , & the only reason I ran so many is because my bars kept going up & down & i just wanted to see if the speeds would increase by the amount of bars I had .

I didn't know that , & the only reason I ran so many is because my bars kept going up & down & i just wanted to see if the speeds would increase by the amount of bars I had .

Interestingly enough, I was about 500 feet from an actual tower and my speeds were better 2 blocks away. Found that odd

Interestingly enough, I was about 500 feet from an actual tower and my speeds were better 2 blocks away. Found that odd

Same happens on Wifi, when I test next to my router speeds drop, but if I move further away they increase by a lot.

That's not odd at all. Panels rarely point down, but rather straight out to a certain degree of downtilt. If you are under the panels the signal is shooting out over your head. Get a little ways out, especially with line of sight, this is best signal you can receive from a site.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

sprint towers on my roof just been updated to network vision..Tech's were in my lobby with tons of cable and samsung boxes with panels..I asked if they were done and they said sprint clear wire at my site was updated and would be switched on either tonight or tomorrow..80th & bway Manhattan...finally!

• Like 1

sprint towers on my roof just been updated to network vision..Tech's were in my lobby with tons of cable and samsung boxes with panels..I asked if they were done and they said sprint clear wire at my site was updated and would be switched on either tonight or tomorrow..80th & bway Manhattan...finally!

they were working on my site for about a week and my roof went from about 10 panels to like 4..