Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I think they used to allow it but they had to remove it since it collets data of our locations

So idk care if Sensorly knows my location , damn Apple is so Paranoid . If I ain't worried about Sensorly having my location then they shouldn't either .

Nope probably not , It took me a full month to get to 1 full GB , I was trying so hard to get to 1GB & it took me a full month .

Already used 1.5 gb of 4G. Still have a week left for this month. And this is mostly on speedtests. Including 3G over 2.5 gb. Once the LTE crazy becomes the norm, should be more reasonable.

• Like 1

I can definitely say that i am glad for unlimited data, I work in IT and am constantly on the go, last month I used 18gigs of LTE data, and 1.1gigs of 3G data..and thats with an unfinished network, but LTE was awesome where I am in the bronx, before they started testing again, now im on again off again..for last 2weeks.

I can definitely say that i am glad for unlimited data, I work in IT and am constantly on the go, last month I used 18gigs of LTE data, and 1.1gigs of 3G data..and thats with an unfinished network, but LTE was awesome where I am in the bronx, before they started testing again, now im on again off again..for last 2weeks.

DAMNN , 18GB sheesh lucky you living in the Bronx ,

You must constantly be in areas of LTE. Lucky you lol.

• Like 1

You must constantly be in areas of LTE. Lucky you lol.

The trick for me was sensorly....knowing exactly where the LTE was available made things alot easier..for example 46th street and 6th ave and around where i live i knew i could get excellent LTE signal ..so i would sync all my video podcast and google music for offline use...and alot of tech support with LOGMEIN and TEAMVIEWER..
  • Like 1

I have an iphone 5 so no screen shot for these numbers. This morning I used the speed test app on Sprints 3G network at 8:06 am the downIoad was 0.58 Mbps upload was 0.79 Mbps ping 360 ms. I got an LTE signal this morning at 9:26 am the download was 15.41 Mbps the upload was 2.89 Mbps and ping 37 ms. Sprint's network vision plans are working LTE is amazing finally I can use Netflix and youtube.

iOS has built-in screenshots. Press home and power at the same time and hold until you hear and see the screenshot taken. Those are some great numbers. You can still take a screenshot of your results page.

• Like 1

Sprint Did this sooo backwards , idk why they would start LTE in a city like Chicage instead of coming to the big Apple first ,

Because Chicago is such a spectrum contained market that needed the upgrades first, and was running on legacy Motorola equipment older than you.

It was a smart move, and now almost 85% of the market is upgraded in someway, which is amazing.

Got this by St. John's University. Grand Central service road and Utopia. Which is about 0.3 mile away from my home.

aty8e2u4.jpg

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Edited by EeZeEpEe

Yeah it's pretty easy to use up data. I average 1.8 GB just myself and 2.2 GB with the other two in my family plan. And that's just with 3G.

When I have it full force and use it to watch live baseball on LTE, I'll prob be using at least 20gb a month.

When I have it full force and use it to watch live baseball on LTE, I'll prob be using at least 20gb a month.

And my usage is with Wi-Fi practically everywhere I'm at. Home, work, school, girlfriend's. I don't know how people deal with data caps and have LTE.

I'm doubting its slower then 3G. That would be pretty sad

It was pulling 6mbps in my apartment when I first got epic 4g and it went down to 1-2mbps and lower than 1mbps on bad days before I changed to note 2. Significantly slower than before and after nv upgrades, 3g speeds were pulling about the same speeds.

It was pulling 6mbps in my apartment when I first got epic 4g and it went down to 1-2mbps and lower than 1mbps on bad days before I changed to note 2. Significantly slower than before and after nv upgrades, 3g speeds were pulling about the same speeds.

Wow. U were really lucky .nice

What a major tease. Left my phone in my room just now to come back and see I have one bar of LTE (checked it at -120 db). Before I can run a speed test it disappears. I managed to load this website and refresh Instagram and it did both fairly quick. Like good 3G speed kind of quick.

I'm doubting its slower then 3G. That would be pretty sad

Before I got my Galaxy S III, WiMAX was slower than 3G more often than not. I wonder how it's doing now.

Edited by EeZeEpEe

Before I got my Galaxy S III, WiMAX was slower than 3G more often than not. I wonder how it's doing now.

My WiMax was always fast, around 15Mbps all day. In my home, I did not get it unless I stood by the window in which case, on 1 bar I would get around 10Mbps.

• Like 1

My WiMax was always fast, around 15Mbps all day. In my home, I did not get it unless I stood by the window in which case, on 1 bar I would get around 10Mbps.

Damn. You had a WiMAX tower right next to you? Most I got was around 12 Mbps at my girl's and that was right by the window. But I would just use Wi-Fi anyway.

Edited by EeZeEpEe

I was in my SAT class when I picked up a -75dbm LTE signal. I ran RootMetrics and got an average of 12Mbps down and 7Mbps up. I never lost the signal indoors either. It told me that in the 5 minutes of the speed test/signal checker, I had used 225MB of my data. The speeds were even better outside, hitting 20Mbps at times.

I pick up LTE inside but it's useless. My data end up switching back to 3g. When outside my bldg I don't pick up LTE. Which is weird. I can't wait til launch day. I must say my 3g speed has improved. 2mbs down and 1mbs up.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2