Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Yea that's probably what it is,but it happened a few weeks ago and its been like that since last night so if they are working on it I wonder why they keeping people with no service for this long. I am all for it, I rather they keep it down and work on it.

--

Chris

I understand. A few weeks ago I had full bars of extended service in my apartment where I usually get good signal. Then it came back after two days. I'd like to think that the tower I'm connected to is being upgraded. I haven't seen any speed improvement or LTE but I hope they're prepping it at least.

I wonder if there are crews still working in the Bronx or they finished for now and went to the other boroughs.

• Like 1

I understand. A few weeks ago I had full bars of extended service in my apartment where I usually get good signal. Then it came back after two days. I'd like to think that the tower I'm connected to is being upgraded. I haven't seen any speed improvement or LTE but I hope they're prepping it at least.

I wonder if there are crews still working in the Bronx or they finished for now and went to the other boroughs.

It seems like they are all in Brooklyn now with a few in Queens.

• Like 1

If so, maybe they'll finish there and then start in the Bronx again to do a "second wave" of upgrades

Whoa, Chicago is 89% complete? That place is a LTE hot zone.

Remember its just sites that have Network Vision upgrades, not necessarily LTE.

• Like 1

I have an iphone 5 so no screen shot for these numbers. This morning I used the speed test app on Sprints 3G network at 8:06 am the downIoad was 0.58 Mbps upload was 0.79 Mbps ping 360 ms. I got an LTE signal this morning at 9:26 am the download was 15.41 Mbps the upload was 2.89 Mbps and ping 37 ms. Sprint's network vision plans are working LTE is amazing finally I can use Netflix and youtube.

I don't understand why I have to constantly force my phone to pick up 4g but only in my area.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Because they are still working on your local towers.

All those issues should be fixed when the market launches.

• Like 1

If so, maybe they'll finish there and then start in the Bronx again to do a "second wave" of upgrades

Whoa, Chicago is 89% complete? That place is a LTE hot zone.

Sprint Did this sooo backwards , idk why they would start LTE in a city like Chicage instead of coming to the big Apple first ,

Sprint Did this sooo backwards , idk why they would start LTE in a city like Chicage instead of coming to the big Apple first ,

Chicago and NYC started roughly the same time. However, half of Chicago sites are in the distant suburbs, exurbs and rural areas which are much easier and faster to work than urban New York.

Also, Sprint spent a lot of money expediting Chicago deployment because of incompatibility issues between legacy Motorola equipment and new Samsung equipment that was causing huge problems of dropped calls when transferring between the two. It was a disaster.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

i see some "two data speed upgrades" near corona and long island city. Queens is being worked much slower than Brooklyn... hope in a month things will be different

Sometimes 2 speed upgrades can mean LTE, but not always. If the site had upgrades to the legacy side within the past 6 months, it can also show 2 speed upgrades. Even though LTE would not be complete. But a 2 speed upgrade site is worth checking out when in the area.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

I picked up LTE and had 3 signal bar around 102nd street and 44th ave in corona queens

That's definitely near the 2 data speed upgrade. Nice!!! Just need it to move up to where LaGuardia is located. I think I used 1GB running speed tests in LTE area through this month. Thank goodness for unlimited.

That's definitely near the 2 data speed upgrade. Nice!!! Just need it to move up to where LaGuardia is located. I think I used 1GB running speed tests in LTE area through this month. Thank goodness for unlimited.

i have pick up lte around east Elmhrust around 90 street and 31 ave about 2 bars of signal but i had to put my phone on airplane mode 2 time and then it hooked up to LTE

i have pick up lte around east Elmhrust around 90 street and 31 ave about 2 bars of signal but i had to put my phone on airplane mode 2 time and then it hooked up to LTE

dbm?? if its below 100, i think you are near a tower.

Nope probably not , It took me a full month to get to 1 full GB , I was trying so hard to get to 1GB & it took me a full month .

The samething happened to me when I was in the Bronx & White Plains I had to keep putting my phone in & out of Airplane Mode just for it to connect .

dbm?? if its below 100, i think you are near a tower.

When I connected to LTE in White Plains the dBm was between 100-115 & it kept on disconnecting & reconnecting the single wasn't very stable but the speeds were fast which is weird .

I would too... but i also have an iPhone.

I would of map if they would allow the iPhone to map

Man... someone needs to map that out... not many mapping happy people in queens... haha

The struggle for us Apple folk hopefully in the next iOS update that will change , but for all ur Android folk yall need to head out to Queen's & Map .

The struggle for us Apple folk hopefully in the next iOS update that will change , but for all ur Android folk yall need to head out to Queen's & Map .

I think they used to allow it but they had to remove it since it collets data of our locations