Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

a little off topic but how much do you guys pay for your sprint phone service a month? we have 4 smartphones and it rings up to $245 after tax. i think it has gone up after we upgraded last December and I was wondering if there is any expert ways to drive it down a little bit?

If you're part of a credit union, certain employers and some groups, you can get a discount on services from 5-28%. another thing is that a discount is only applied to services $20 or more, this leaves the add a line and enchanced data charges and insurance at full price. The best thing you might be able to do is use someone else for insurance such as squaretrade and maybe lower your plan depending on minutes used, assuming you have the 3000 minute plan, if not, you may just want to browse online for the random discounts available to anyone.

My signal is going at it again, it goes to 5 bars than back to 0,3,2 bars. Do you think its Sprint or do you think my phone is just dying :( Btw I can't send text or place calls. I hope it isn't my iPhone -_-

--

Chris

If your referring to LTE, I had such issues like that today too on my phone. Where u from again?

It could be 5 Bars but it still doesn't place the call, but keep in mind its 5 bars at a moment but then it changes randomly :(

--

Chris

Did you try to reset your network and restart your phone? That's the first thing I would try. If that doesn't help, dial ##873283#. If all of that doesn't work, then you should take it to Apple. and do a factory reset before hand to rule that out.

Aww sprint is never helpful and I don't want to waste my time, screw it I will stay with no service :(

--

Chris

You might as well call them. What's the point of having no service and not trying to go through your service provider to fix it?

Edited by EeZeEpEe

You might as well call them. What's the point of having no service and not trying to go through your service provider to fix it?

I know what your saying but every time I call Sprint they do not help fix the issue, I will wait it out.

Did you try to reset your network and restart your phone? That's the first thing I would try. If that doesn't help, dial ##873283#. If all of that doesn't work, then you should take it to Apple. and do a factory reset before hand to rule that out.

Yes I Have done all those and still no fix.

--

Chris

Wow consistently 50+!? I'm surprised. I would be perfectly happy with the a consistent upper advertised range. I just want to be able to stream HD videos without buffering and being able to upload HD videos no problem.

AT&T & Verizon usually gets 40-60mbps down & 15-25mbps up , tbh i'd be fine if I could get speeds like my wifi , my wifi speeds is between 40-45mbps down & 35-40mbps up I'd only dream to get those speeds , & HD streaming is the one thing that i'd like to have i've tried to use 3G to stream but the quality is way to crappy to watch the video . -_-

My overall service, even with 3G disabled I can't make calls :( or send text. I don't have 4G on my iPhone 4S

--

Chris

It's probably Sprint , they often messing with the network to test it , it happens to me quite a bit when im in class my service will be good in one class & when I go to the next my service will drop to Extended O really annoying .

Does anyone know what Sprint means when they say data capacity is increased? Does that mean more panels or something else? Looking at some towers that are located, some are only facing one side of the building and some buildings have 360 degrees coverage. Would more panels on the side of building help coverage on that side compared to just a few panels? Does this all make sense?

Data Capacity = Additional 3G EVDO carrier

It allows more 3G traffic on a site. It usually does not involve additional panels unless the existing panels are completely maxed out and cannot support more carriers.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Here's an update on my issue, I was out and my 3G speeds and calls where great! but as soon as I get back to woodstock it starts acting all crazy, I turned on roaming and when I make it call it goes to extended and it allows me to call so it ain't all that bad.

--

Chris

They're probably working in the site closest to you maybe?

They're probably working in the site closest to you maybe?

Yea that's probably what it is,but it happened a few weeks ago and its been like that since last night so if they are working on it I wonder why they keeping people with no service for this long. I am all for it, I rather they keep it down and work on it.

--

Chris

AT&T & Verizon usually gets 40-60mbps down & 15-25mbps up , tbh i'd be fine if I could get speeds like my wifi , my wifi speeds is between 40-45mbps down & 35-40mbps up I'd only dream to get those speeds , & HD streaming is the one thing that i'd like to have i've tried to use 3G to stream but the quality is way to crappy to watch the video . -_-

Maybe when they were first launched or in cities that aren't highly populated, but I can guarantee you that speeds that high no longer exist except for those clowns running speedtests at 3 AM. None of my friends on VZW/AT&T top 10 mb/s on their devices.

Don't get me wrong - the speeds are serviceable for their needs, but I hate seeing those outlier speeds and then everyone thinks that shit is crazy. It's a hoax.

Maybe when they were first launched or in cities that aren't highly populated, but I can guarantee you that speeds that high no longer exist except for those clowns running speedtests at 3 AM. None of my friends on VZW/AT&T top 10 mb/s on their devices.

Lmao , true , cause my friend has the AT&T iPhone 5 & his average LTE speeds are 15-20mbps down & 5-10 up im cool with that . I'd go back to AT&T but I don't like that fact that after using 5GB of LTE data they slow ur speeds down , my friends who have Unlimited deal with this problem , & i'd go to Verizon but to get unlimited you have to pay full price for the phone & phones now in days can range from 500-900 unsubsized & ain't nobody got time to be breaking that kinda money just to get unlimited .

Looks like Ozone Park has been turned on for LTE.

I work in the Ozone Park area and I noticed it last week. Looking at the map it looks like only a few towers have it so far. And 101st and Woodhaven, where I work, isn't covered yet.