Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Cool stuff!

In Huwei markets a lot of phase 2B sites were decommissioned (sadly) but it sounds like 2Bers in other markets are finally getting targeted for upgrades. Goodie goodie goodie :).

Surprising for sure since I thought the same thing until I came across several 2B sites in my market with mini macs and one getting triband Samsung equipment.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Surprising for sure since I thought the same thing until I came across several 2B sites in my market with mini macs and one getting triband Samsung equipment.

See but when I say decommed I mean fully decommissioned - equipment, basestation and everything else removed. That being said, though, who knows? Maybe I’ll see Sprint come back and throw up some new stuff in the coming months.

See but when I say decommed I mean fully decommissioned - equipment, basestation and everything else removed. That being said, though, who knows? Maybe I’ll see Sprint come back and throw up some new stuff in the coming months.

Same here. And then we get brand new mini macro 2.5 standalone site deployments..... Fascinating times.

• Like 2

Same here. And then we get brand new mini macro 2.5 standalone site deployments..... Fascinating times.

Oh cool - didn’t know that. I’ll definitely keep my eyes peeled - hopefully I’ll see some motion soon.

I was on the subway green line and i couldnt get to debug or servicemode screen on time. Also, I couldnt get the earfcn.

SCP may be displaying something different.

I am still trying to google it and searching through this forum.

Can anyone decipher this?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B79fXK6ZuHVIa2NLWlF0ZGhWSjQ/view?usp=drivesdk

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

I was on the subway green line and i couldnt get to debug or servicemode screen on time. Also, I couldnt get the earfcn.

Can anyone decipher this?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B79fXK6ZuHVIa2NLWlF0ZGhWSjQ/view?usp=drivesdk

11/12/13 GCI ending denotes 10x10 B25 second carrier in Alu land.

• Like 1

Can anyone decipher this?https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B79fXK6ZuHVIa2NLWlF0ZGhWSjQ/view?usp=drivesdk

I've seen this right before handing off of B41, I do not believe it's valid.
  • Like 1

11/12/13 GCI ending denotes 10x10 B25 second carrier in Alu land.

thanks man.

i was very skeptical when I saw it.

I've seen this right before handing off of B41, I do not believe it's valid.

I've seen it again, two more times. i didnt think it was valid at the time too.

when it happened the third time, I wondered if there are new b41s underground. lol

I've seen it again, two more times. i didnt think it was valid at the time too.

when it happened the third time, I wondered if there are new b41s underground. lol

It could be blocked and we erroneously connect to it, I've seen it twice myself.
  • Like 1

I was at the free Common concert today in Battery Park. My friend's iPhone on Verizon couldn't load anything nor go live on Facebook. She had to tether to my phone to get any usable data. 3xCA gave me 8Mbps down and 3Mbps up with a 20ms.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Yes five carriers were found in San Francisco. Also fourth carrier is used to denote triband in some markets. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6929-sf-bay-market-nv-20-spreadsheetmap-and-discussion/?p=493425

It's not five carriers.

They swap the primary frequencies from the typical 2600s in the central valley to the 2500s once you hit the coastal mountain and the bay area.

It's not five carriers.

They swap the primary frequencies from the typical 2600s in the central valley to the 2500s once you hit the coastal mountain and the bay area.

That is info ingenium and a different market should have then. But site that is the reason SCP is showing sixth carrier. The GCI shown in this thread does not look to match the market like a false gcis in your logs and mine from when LTE drops.

The Park Ave tunnel for Metro North appears to finally be wired and online.  I'm writing this from the train now.  I was using my Hotspot for work and noticed my Google Spreadsheet was auto saving even underground... ran a speed test and got about 10 down.  Not too bad at all and it's about time!  I wonder if GCT lower level (inside the terminal) is wired... I'll know soon enough.

• Like 5

Today I accepted a permanent position at the company in Manhattan I've been working at this summer. I will no longer have to deal with a -116 B26 signal and .05 to .30 Mbps at my old job. It's so nice having 30 to 60 Mbps basically anywhere I go in Manhattan.

I'm not even halfway through my billing cycle and I've used 40GB of data. My all time high was around 25GB.

I do have to say the service along the LIRR is terrible. I struggle to watch Youtube videos at 360p. Most of the time the auto setting chooses 240p or 144p. Choosing anything higher causes a 10 min video to take 40 mins to watch. As a result I've been downloading all my videos in 720p at work for the ride home. Which is the main reason I've used so much data already. 

• Like 4

Dang i havent been to that mall in a minute!

Nice mall, but since NYC finally built some decent shopping centers and malls it's less of a "thing" than it used to be.

One thing is for sure, the network is beast there.

• Like 1

No 3rd Carrier?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Small cells are limited to 2xCA..but with soooo much capacity it truly was not needed. Density was quite amazing with antennas every 30-40 ft. Signal rarely went under -80dB, only in the shops where it would sometimes drop to B25 2xCA with speeds over 15mbs.
  • Like 1