Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Finally! Full service LTE on Lincoln tunnel B26, speeds were between 12-20mb.

was it only B25 before? i recall it getting LTE not to far back but does it really need B26? Was there dead zones on LTE?

was it only B25 before? i recall it getting LTE not to far back but does it really need B26? Was there dead zones on LTE?

Usually they deploy 25/26 in the types of isolated places, but previously, they seem to have been testing,(been 3G for a while now) and it be on and off. This time I finally had LTE both ways and that included B26.

• Like 1

i really wish the MTA and other carriers could get service into the the East River Tunnel

Also anyone notice more 2nd 5x5 b25 carriers. Specifically outside of Manhattan where B41 is lacking density?

i really wish the MTA and other carriers could get service into the the East River Tunnel

Also anyone notice more 2nd 5x5 b25 carriers. Specifically outside of Manhattan where B41 is lacking density?

Ive been noticing more small cells popping up. 2nd carrier B25 seem to be broadcasting from most sites.

Ive been noticing more small cells popping up. 2nd carrier B25 seem to be broadcasting from most sites.

I know you've been noticing small cells in the Bronx and they all seem to be pretty close to each other. Either that specific area is really congested or they plan on branching out and doing that everywhere. Are these smalls cells are the same style of the wimax ones that got converted to LTE in Manhattan? I hope they start in Queens and than Brooklyn soon. 

I know you've been notices in small cells in the bronx and they all seem to be pretty close to each other. Either that specific area is really congested or they plan on branching out and doing that everywhere. These smalls cells are the same style of the wixmaxx ones that got converted to LTE in Manhattan? I hope they start in Queens and than Brooklyn soon. 

I found one in queens and a couple in Brooklyn as well. They are the same housing as the original wimax ones, but all new, not converted.

• Like 1

I'm very curious to see how Sprint will perform in the Root Metric Q1 2017 reports. Unfortunately they also include LI, Northern Jersey and Westchester which cause the results to be lower and not a true representation of NYC. But if I remember correctly these small cells weren't all live during the Q2 2016 testing which took place 11/28 -11/3. Now that a lot more are live and now all Clear Sites have 2xCA I expect the results to increase. Also 3xCA is popping in the very congested areas which are most likely testing spots for Root Metrics. I also posted in the Long Island thread about hearing from a local RF technician a lot more sites in Long Island are going to receive B41 in the second half of the . He also mention micro mini when I asked about small cells which leaves me to believe those sites getting B41 aren't getting 8t8r equipment but micromini equipment to save time and money. If Q1 results don't have a huge bump in grades I am certain by the end of the year Sprint will have potential to be top dog in NYC. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well today I am happy to report every Sprint B41 site I hit from 34th St to 155st have 3XCA enabled.

After 155st speeds we're dramatically slower (4-10mb vs 25-60mb)

*Bonus* Tmobile speed test in times square were 1mb vs Sprint's 60mb.

Also midtown tunnel has B25/26 lit up.

Something really special about streaming​ a live Yankee game while driving in a tunnel underwater.

Man, I just don't see how the other carriers can touch this today.

• Like 6

As of today, first macro site in the Financial District between Beaver Street and New Street is now broadcasting 3x CA Band 41. The speedtest is 19 mbps down and 4 mbps up at work and t is much better now than last week cause it only 1.5 down and 0.3 up very slow.

• Like 3

I'm in kind of a funny situation with Verizon right now. I have a wooden telephone pole in my backyard that Verizon installed a long time ago. When they did it, they promised to pay my aunt (our home's landlord) a certain amount per month to have the pole in our backyard. After Hurricane Sandy destroyed part of our telephone pole, my aunt let Verizon come and install a new pole without any issues.

Late last year, I put in a request to get FiOS installed at our home and Verizon decided that if they were going to wire my home, they might as well just wire every home on my block. My aunt however, didn't forget the contract Verizon that she had with Verizon and told them that if they want access to the pole, they're going to have to give her free FiOS service to make up for all those years that they didn't pay her like they said they would. 

This was about 3 weeks ago. I don't know what's going to happen but I'm super interested to see if Verizon will give in or not.

• Like 1

I was all over Mid Town yesterday connected to B41 90% of the time. Speeds were never below 25mbps and most of the time were over 35mbps. Ever time I checked I was connected to 3xCA

• Like 4

Happy to report first sighting of B41-3XCA in the Bronx. From 149 to 162nd St.

Also something super special! B25x2CA!! By Yankee stadium, Speeds were about 12mb/5mb.

Wow I'm ultra impressed. Keep em coming Sprint! I do feel that by years end no one will touch Sprint in Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn and Queens.

• Like 3

Happy to report first sighting of B41-3XCA in the Bronx. From 149 to 162nd St.

Also something super special! B25x2CA!! By Yankee stadium, Speeds were about 12mb/5mb.

Wow I'm ultra impressed. Keep em coming Sprint! I do feel that by years end no one will touch Sprint in Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn and Queens.

I was wondering how long it was going to take for B25 CA to start. Surprised it was first found in the Bronx and not in Manhattan. I hope it comes to Long Island soon. 

I was wondering how long it was going to take for B25 CA to start. Surprised it was first found in the Bronx and not in Manhattan. I hope it comes to Long Island soon.

I would not doubt that its also live in other parts of NYC, but since I'm almost always on B41 it's a bit tough to find unless I lock b41 out.

I think once Sprint replaces clear sites, they will have an untouched network in NYC.

Yup. My home is currently fed by a Clear site in the front and a Sprint 8T8R in the back. The 8T8R is farther away from my home but manages to give me service inside whereas the Clear site doesn't.

• Like 2

I think once Sprint replaces clear sites, they will have an untouched network in NYC.

I hope they spend money to put Sprint B41 on sites that don't have any B41 first before replacing Clear Sites. I know in some markets they had to do it because of having huawei equipment. If they replace NYC Clear equipment like they did the huawei equipment they used Mini Macros which also only have 2xCA so it would be a waste. Maybe they would put 64T64R equipment where Clear equipment is currently. 

I hope they spend money to put Sprint B41 on sites that don't have any B41 first before replacing Clear Sites. I know in some markets they had to do it because of having huawei equipment. If they replace NYC Clear equipment like they did the huawei equipment they used Mini Macros which also only have 2xCA so it would be a waste. Maybe they would put 64T64R equipment where Clear equipment is currently. 

We shall see what the future holds, but having 2xCA capable small cells near Clear sites definitely buys them a ton of time, so I dont see them replacing them for a long while. Plus bringing 4x4 B41+HPUE would buy even more time.

Having all that spectrum sure is nice.

Rootametrics has 1st Quarter 2017 results up for a lot of markets and Sprint has improved in almost all of them. The NYC market is not up yet but I expect a big improvement.

Rootametrics has 1st Quarter 2017 results up for a lot of markets and Sprint has improved in almost all of them. The NYC market is not up yet but I expect a big improvement.

While it will definitely show a nice improvement, unfortunately NYC market is bundled up with some parts of NJ and other parts, which unfortunately doesn't quite showcase specific NYC improvements.
  • Like 2

While it will definitely show a nice improvement, unfortunately NYC market is bundled up with some parts of NJ and other parts, which unfortunately doesn't quite showcase specific NYC improvements.

Wonder if it's possible for sprint to swap Spectrum in New York City?

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk