Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

It seems my tower has been redirected. I am parked on a very congested tower they is slightly further away! Would calling about this change anything or do I wait it out? I can't stay on LTE or when home or FaceTime audio calls won't even connect. I barely use data when out and about now. But, just a bit disappointing to notice this amount of regression. As a side in the west Bx area I've noticed a crap load of VZW small cells! They are everyone! I don't care for them just an observation though!

VZW and MetroPCS were first to the small cell thing in NYC. MetroPCS opted for a mostly DAS build out in NYC due to complications in terms of price of building out a macro network here.

VZW started a long time ago and has built out most of the city already and I don't really see much expansion of small cells from them in my area.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It seems my tower has been redirected. I am parked on a very congested tower they is slightly further away! Would calling about this change anything or do I wait it out? I can't stay on LTE or when home or FaceTime audio calls won't even connect. I barely use data when out and about now. But, just a bit disappointing to notice this amount of regression. As a side in the west Bx area I've noticed a crap load of VZW small cells! They are everyone! I don't care for them just an observation though!

It's almost definitely optimization going on.

I had the same issue for about a month while they optimized the small cell installed on my block.

I suggest, you call them up and create trouble ticket, plus also keep reporting the issue on sprintzone. If you still don't get any clear answers hit up @marcicarris on Twitter with your issue she gets everything taken care of.

• Like 1

I drove through Bronx today on the Cross Bronx Expressway from the Throgs Neck to GW Bridge. First off the part leading up to the bridge made me feel like I was in a 3rd world country.  But the data speeds  also made me feel that way. I connected to several B41 sites and sectors with 2xCA. Signals were strong and it was about 3-4Pm yet I couldn't get above .5Mbps. Is this normal for the Bronx? Are the sites that congested or is there a major backhaul problem?

Unfortunately, I have had this issue in the Woodlawn section of the Bronx and around the Fordham University area consistently. I have called about it as well. It is just strange. some days it works moderately well, other times it is just doesn't work. That being said, there are areas where it is great. The problem is the reliability in the Bronx is not great.

I'm back in NYC for spring break. In Downtown Brooklyn pulling 41 Mbps from a Clearwire site. Still no carrier aggregation on my phone so I can only imagine what I'd get with a phone with that capability.

Also 15Mbps on Band 26 which is abnormally high.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I can't believe it?! Small cell live in cross county mall!!! Speeds at micro center hovering in the 20's! Outdoors 40-50mbs.

During holiday season dual B25 carriers were crushed! Now the speeds are awesome!

Very happy indeed!

• Like 4

More small cells on Fordham road by Walton ave and by 188st and Walton ave.

Must be nice.... We have small cells up in Columbus, OH but nothing is live or lacking power still!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must be nice.... We have small cells up in Columbus, OH but nothing is live or lacking power still!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely not complaining about that! One thing is that we are still waiting on 3XCA. Hopefully that comes soon.

• Like 1

More small cells on Fordham road by Walton ave and by 188st and Walton ave.

I can't seem to find this location on google maps. Found the other 3 no problem. 

• 2 weeks later...

Any info on Syracuse, NY 13205.. any band 41 going up there .. buddy told me no band 41 there

Syracuse NY is most definitely a market with B41 present. Has been that way for quite a few years. This question is better of asked in Market Thread

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2462-network-visionlte-upstate-new-york-markets-central-east-including-syracuse-albany-binghamton-ithaca-utica/

• Like 1

What's everyone's favorite or go to speed test server in the Speedtest.net app. My go to was always towerstream but it has since disappeared. There alot more than there was a year ago. I recall only having 3 NYC based ones, now there are 9 total. Sprint now has there own but it's not always the auto selected one. I also noticed anyone can use it unlike T-Mobiles which only allow T-Mobile devices to connect to.

What's everyone's favorite or go to speed test server in the Speedtest.net app. My go to was always towerstream but it has since disappeared. There alot more than there was a year ago. I recall only having 3 NYC based ones, now there are 9 total. Sprint now has there own but it's not always the auto selected one. I also noticed anyone can use it unlike T-Mobiles which only allow T-Mobile devices to connect to.

I suggested optimum or speedtest server. Sometime Sprint server have some issue.

Also, 2 months ago, almost all the small cell that have 2x CA now reverted back to the original broadcast the EARFCN 40072 single band 41. Except for near South Ferry Terminal, one broadcast at 41276 in single band 41, and other one at 41474 in single band 41.

Brand new macro site on 174th street and Grand Concourse. Its a full Triband with 2xCA all ready to go. Brought some decent relief to about a 10 block radius surrounding the site.

This combined with newly installed small cell really puts Sprint in a pretty awesome position.

ZY8fFEzm.pngtV9c6EKm.pngQZhF7ckm.png8xIHo5Sm.png

• Like 10

Brand new macro site on 174th street and Grand Concourse. Its a full Triband with 2xCA all ready to go. Brought some decent relief to about a 10 block radius surrounding the site.

This combined with newly installed small cell really puts Sprint in a pretty awesome position.

ZY8fFEzm.pngtV9c6EKm.pngQZhF7ckm.png8xIHo5Sm.png

Is this site totally new or just finally had NV1.0 and then B41 installed? It appears on the NV Updates map as not having any work done. 

Is this site totally new or just finally had NV1.0 and then B41 installed? It appears on the NV Updates map as not having any work done.

Brand new. It's not on the old maps.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 2