Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoying some good B41 goodness on the iPhone 7 Plus. 84507c6e57739932429282155393f558.png

Forgive me if the photo is too big Tapatalk doesn't let me downsize. This speed test is up by College Point. Haven't seen @ B25 so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I wish there was this much movement in Boston. While the network is certainly not bad (I get 20 Mbps indoors in my room) the suburban areas could really use the extra density provided by it.

I haven't seen any small cells outside of Manhattan, I do know a few spots that could use them. But it could also be that the GCI is unknown to me outside of the city, performance has been pretty solid in NYC making it more difficult to distinguish upgraded sites without knowing what to look for.

Regardless, I'm keeping a close eye on any anomalies.

• Like 1

I wish there was this much movement in Boston. While the network is certainly not bad (I get 20 Mbps indoors in my room) the suburban areas could really use the extra density provided by it.

I think it was so quick in NYC because they reused existing Clearwire small cells. In areas that don't have the existing infrastructure, rollout will be slower and more in line with other cities most likely.

Some areas of SF (residential) also have Clear small cells, and one area saw deployment well over a year ago. It's in an area that none of our members really pass through though. One of our members lives in the other part of SF that has Clear small cells, but nothing has been picked up there yet.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me or did speeds become faster the last couple days. Hard to really pinpoint what it could be, but maybe some sort of firmware update to sites.

I also thought maybe video and audio optimizations might have some effect on overall performance as well.

Is it just me or did speeds become faster the last couple days. Hard to really pinpoint what it could be, but maybe some sort of firmware update to sites.

I also thought maybe video and audio optimizations might have some effect on overall performance as well.

I'd put my money on the optimizations. Cutting video/audio/gaming down should clear things up A LOT because the only other real use of the network is email, photos (e.g. social media) and web browsing which are all extremely short bursts of really smal data. Oh, and speedtests from us network people ;).

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any LTE Plus in Brooklyn or any of the other boroughs besides Manhattan?

I live in Brooklyn Mapleton and although I have great service and speeds, I have yet to experience the 100mbps speeds I have heard so much about. I have the iPhone 6s which is capable of CA 2x.

Any small cell deployment in Brooklyn?

Is there any LTE Plus in Brooklyn or any of the other boroughs besides Manhattan?

I live in Brooklyn Mapleton and although I have great service and speeds, I have yet to experience the 100mbps speeds I have heard so much about. I have the iPhone 6s which is capable of CA 2x.

Any small cell deployment in Brooklyn?

There is certainly LTE Plus but I'm uncertain about whether there are small cells or not in Brooklyn.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Really? Interesting. Speeds are great. Sometimes I see speeds in the 30s and other times between 10-15 down.

I guess I was hoping to always see 100 down lol

The only time you will see 100+ is when the site or sector is generally unburdened, and you have a solid signal with little interference. No market sees 100+ all the time. General performance with normal usage is between 30 and 60Mbps.