Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Looks like second carrier B25 is finally in swing in Manhattan. Went to the heartland brewery had dinner in the lower level (which happens to be below ground floor) and connected to B25 second carrier and it balanced between first and second carrier pretty well.

Speeds were good, between 8-15mb. Very nice to see this working well deep indoors.

Edit: this one was located under the Empire State Building.

Forgot to post that I've noticed the second carrier in the Bronx.  I was on the 15 bus near 180th and 3rd Ave and got the second B25 carrier, if only briefly.

So I'm sleeping over my girlfriend's dorm in Chelsea, running off a -104 signal. Band 25 second carrier! And it's actually pretty damn fast because I was streaming 720p 60fps YouTube last night without buffering or quality being all over the place. I'm very impressed!

So I'm sleeping over my girlfriend's dorm in Chelsea, running off a -104 signal. Band 25 second carrier! And it's actually pretty damn fast because I was streaming 720p 60fps YouTube last night without buffering or quality being all over the place. I'm very impressed!

Yup, having B41 cover very well has made the B25 second carrier perform as good as anyone could imagine.

At one office I work on 34th Street am seeing 7mb+ during the work day on the B25 second carrier.

Lol all of you guys are all still on here. I didn't think anybody was still on here. Good to see you guys are still busy talking that Sprint talk lol. A personal Sprint update from me, Whats 3G? Lmfao I'm being sarcastic of course, but 3G has been pretty non-existent for me these past couple years. LTE is quick and strong and growing & I can't wait for my iPhone 7 Plus to get here so i can experience some of that good LTE Advancedness.

• Like 2

I'm waiting for Google to drop those Pixel phones. The ad for the event that aired today got me so hyped.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

How do you feel about the new iPhones were they boring to you ? 

3XCA in NYC!? Yes Please.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=12323&utm_content=buffere475e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Two nuggets from this post..

"Sprint has started to deploy three-channel carrier aggregation in high-traffic markets such as New York City which will provide peak download speeds of more than 200 Mbps on capable devices when available."

"The company has deployed high-speed 4G LTE at the Port Authority Bus Terminal and inside the Queens Midtown tunnel this year and expects to do the same in the Holland and Lincoln tunnels in the coming months."

• Like 2

How do you feel about the new iPhones were they boring to you ? 

Not boring, it's just that they weren't much of an improvement. Internally, the A10 is possibly the best processor in a smartphone right now but the camera still performs worse than the S7/Note 7 and the screen resolution is still worse than most Android phones in a similar price range.

The matte black iPhone 7 Plus is still pretty nice to look at though.

• Like 1

3XCA in NYC!? Yes Please.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=12323&utm_content=buffere475e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Two nuggets from this post..

"Sprint has started to deploy three-channel carrier aggregation in high-traffic markets such as New York City which will provide peak download speeds of more than 200 Mbps on capable devices when available."

"The company has deployed high-speed 4G LTE at the Port Authority Bus Terminal and inside the Queens Midtown tunnel this year and expects to do the same in the Holland and Lincoln tunnels in the coming months."

Still no news about Penn Station, or JFK two area I know that need to be upgraded to 4G LTE. Would of love to even see them saying its coming. 

Still no news about Penn Station, or JFK two area I know that need to be upgraded to 4G LTE. Would of love to even see them saying its coming. 

Seems Penn Station is already in the works from what I've heard and is coming soon. JFK might be a bit more complex.

I haven't been inside JFK terminal in about a year, from outside speeds are very good. But I'm assuming you mean indoors.

At least we do have access to Boingo Wifi for airports. 

Seems Penn Station is already in the works from what I've heard and is coming soon. JFK might be a bit more complex.

I haven't been inside JFK terminal in about a year, from outside speeds are very good. But I'm assuming you mean indoors.

Yeah i know both are at least in the planning stage. JFK I mean inside. I believe they are working on upgrading the DAS which covers several terminals to LTE.

From what I hear Penn is a little more complicated. Not sure why though but its in the works. 

Yeah i know both are at least in the planning stage. JFK I mean inside. I believe they are working on upgrading the DAS which covers several terminals to LTE.

My assumption of it being complicated comes from some comments I saw on Tmo's reddit page from people complaining that their service is crappy indoors at JFK.

B25 2nd carrier is running strong downtown in the subway, was at Wall Street last night and parked on the second B25 carrier and completely open.

I'm surprised how well B25 2nd carrier has been performing in midtown Manhattan. I credit that to how well Sprint has optimized B41 for coverage leaving B25 free for deeper indoor situations.

• Like 1

Not Nexus devices [emoji17] Google added support for Passpoint in 5.0 or 6.0, but since Sprint Connection Optimizer isn't installed apparently it can't use it as per the agreement Sprint and Boingo have.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Not Nexus devices [emoji17] Google added support for Passpoint in 5.0 or 6.0, but since Sprint Connection Optimizer isn't installed apparently it can't use it as per the agreement Sprint and Boingo have.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Hopefully things change with the Pixel, I heard rumors that Sprint might have some type of exclusive deal with those devices (I'm guessing financing directly from Sprint)

Hopefully things change with the Pixel, I heard rumors that Sprint might have some type of exclusive deal with those devices (I'm guessing financing directly from Sprint)

All of the rumors I've heard pointed to VZW being the sole carrier distributor. But device financing can be done through the Google Store.

All of the rumors I've heard pointed to VZW being the sole carrier distributor. But device financing can be done through the Google Store.

this would make my year

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2016/09/rumor-google-pixel-xl-sport-649-price-tag.html

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2016/07/rumor-htc-nexus-marlin-will-launch-on-sprint.html

Is the boingo wifi free for sprint customers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk