Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

They definitely need those further uptown like around 1s,t 2nd, and 3rd Ave hopefully that is in the plans as well!

I have very little doubt they can get them up and running by middle of october, considering the speed they have deployed the rest, I also expect a ton more activity, the plan is to deploy over 2000 small cells in NYC.

wow i guess Sprint is really focusing on cities. Kinda how t-moible was at one point. The good thing about focusing on cities now is it allows for them to be future proof the network. For the next 5-10 years the network will be expandable by having B41 CA and turning on more carriers as needed.  Once all the cities are done they can focus on coverage connecting the cities and more rural areas.

Also any chance you saved a high resolution copy of that picture before it was taken down?

It's honestly amazing how fast Sprint has been with upgrades. Small cells left & right, I was even told that in 60 days GMO LTE should go live. What a time to have unlimited data.

Thankfully in our market we do not have that many GMO sites, Jersey has though.

Its tough to drop to 3G in NYC. you have to be deep indoors or in tunnels etc...

I travel throughout 4 boroughs and only used 2mb of 3G vs 29GB of LTE in a months time.

Good New York is not a market where they should lose LTE or signal in places the others don't

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Its tough to drop to 3G in NYC. you have to be deep indoors or in tunnels etc...

I travel throughout 4 boroughs and only used 2mb of 3G vs 29GB of LTE in a months time.

We don't talk about the disgrace that is Staten Island
  • Like 1

Rural areas are low priority.

AJ

• Like 4

I haven't been to SI in about 5 years unfortunately, So there's that. My experience is mostly from Manhattan, Queens, BK and the Bronx. Also some limited travels to Yonkers, Scarsdale and Long island.

This month it was about 27mb of 3G, im actually surprised its that high...

X8TtmMGl.png

Interesting.  While I do not care to see such high "unlimited" data usage, the stats are interesting, nonetheless.  Even at such high overall data usage, your CDMA2000 data usage is under one percent, pointing to almost 100 percent LTE attachment.  And your roaming data usage is zero.  Fabian would be displeased, as he is convinced that in market roaming on VZW has skewed Sprint's RootMetrics scores.  He needs to see more in market roaming from you.

AJ

• Like 3

Took a quick look at my SCP logs and found that I have connected to about 22 small cells. 

Just an FYI for those that want to identify them on SCP they start with 012Ax. 

012A,0129,012D so you may have connected to much more than 22

Interesting.  While I do not care to see such high "unlimited" data usage, the stats are interesting, nonetheless.  Even at such high overall data usage, your CDMA2000 data usage is under one percent, pointing to almost 100 percent LTE attachment.  And your roaming data usage is zero.  Fabian would be displeased, as he is convinced that in market roaming on VZW has skewed Sprint's RootMetrics scores.  He needs to see more in market roaming from you.

AJ

I just did the math for my own usage and it put me at being on LTE 97% of the time. And that includes my traveling from NYC to Boston on I-95 and I-84. If it were not for the small blips of no LTE in "Middle-of-Nowhere, CT", I'd probably be at near 100% too. Also 0MB of roaming here too.

• Like 1

I just did the math for my own usage and it put me at being on LTE 97% of the time. And that includes my traveling from NYC to Boston on I-95 and I-84. If it were not for the small blips of no LTE in "Middle-of-Nowhere, CT", I'd probably be at near 100% too. Also 0MB of roaming here too.

Well, LTE attachment and data usage can be two different metrics. The skeptics/trolls would assert that you were connected to "3G" more often than the stats would appear to show -- Sprint "3G" is so slow that, of course, you used little data. That hinges upon an assumption. It could be true or false, depending upon whether you altered your data usage behavior while not on LTE.

AJ

• Like 1

Interesting. While I do not care to see such high "unlimited" data usage, the stats are interesting, nonetheless. Even at such high overall data usage, your CDMA2000 data usage is under one percent, pointing to almost 100 percent LTE attachment. And your roaming data usage is zero. Fabian would be displeased, as he is convinced that in market roaming on VZW has skewed Sprint's RootMetrics scores. He needs to see more in market roaming from you.

AJ

That's not that much, I should find the link where I did 52 gigs on 3g back in 2010

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Looks like second carrier B25 is finally in swing in Manhattan. Went to the heartland brewery had dinner in the lower level (which happens to be below ground floor) and connected to B25 second carrier and it balanced between first and second carrier pretty well.

Speeds were good, between 8-15mb. Very nice to see this working well deep indoors.

Edit: this one was located under the Empire State Building.

• Like 1