Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Looks like Sprint powered on a few more small cells between 74th st and 59th st on 5th Ave. Great considering that area didn't have good B41 coverage.

Also held onto small cells from 74th st to 30th, then handed off to Macro b41.

Awesome so far, can't wait to see these things live in the outer boroughs.

Also as added bonus connected to 2nd carrier B25 in Manhattan for a few seconds before being handed off to B41.

Check those addresses, might be Sprint small cells. That is how I discovered the ones in my area.

No Boro CD L CD R Permittee On Street From Street To Street Work Start Work End Type Description

1 X012016190A18 BX 01 01 CROWN CASTLE NG EAST LLC. WALES AVENUE EAST 145 STREET EAST 147 STREET 7/13/2016 8/11/2016 11:59:59 PM 01 STREET OPENING PERMIT CONDUIT CONSTRUCTION AND FRANCHISE

2 X012016190A19 BX 01 01 CROWN CASTLE NG EAST LLC. WALES AVENUE EAST 147 STREET EAST 149 STREET 7/13/2016 8/11/2016 11:59:59 PM 01 STREET OPENING PERMIT CONDUIT CONSTRUCTION AND FRANCHISE

3 X012016190A20 BX 01 01 CROWN CASTLE NG EAST LLC. EAST 149 STREET WALES AVENUE 7/13/2016 8/11/2016 11:59:59 PM 01 STREET OPENING PERMIT CONDUIT CONSTRUCTION AND FRANCHISE

4 X012016190A21 BX 01 01 CROWN CASTLE NG EAST LLC. EAST 147 STREET WALES AVENUE 7/13/2016 8/11/2016 11:59:59 PM 01 STREET OPENING PERMIT CONDUIT CONSTRUCTION AND FRANCHISE

5 X012016190A22 BX 01 01 CROWN CASTLE NG EAST LLC. BERGEN AVENUE EAST 148 STREET EAST 149 STREET 7/14/2016 8/12/2016 11:59:59 PM 01 STREET OPENING PERMIT CONDUIT CONSTRUCTION AND FRANCHISE

6 X012016190A23 BX 01 01 CROWN CASTLE NG EAST LLC. BERGEN AVENUE EAST 149 STREET 7/14/2016 8/12/2016 11:59:59 PM 01 STREET OPENING PERMIT CONDUIT CONSTRUCTION AND FRANCHISE

7 X012016201A92 BX 12 07 CROWN CASTLE NG EAST LLC. EAST 211 STREET BEND KINGS COLLEGE PLACE 7/20/2016 8/1/2016 11:59:59 PM 01 STREET OPENING PERMIT CONDUIT CONSTRUCTION AND FRANCHISE

8 X012016201A93 BX 07 07 CROWN CASTLE NG EAST LLC. PUTNAM PLACE EAST 211 STREET EAST GUN HILL ROAD 7/20/2016 8/1/2016 11:59:59 PM 01 STREET OPENING PERMIT CONDUIT CONSTRUCTION AND FRANCHISE

9 X012016201A94 BX 07 07 CROWN CASTLE NG EAST LLC. EAST GUN HILL ROAD PUTNAM PLACE 7/20/2016 8/18/2016 11:59:59 PM 01 STREET OPENING PERMIT CONDUIT CONSTRUCTION AND FRANCHISE

10 X012016201A95 BX 07 07 CROWN CASTLE NG EAST LLC. EAST 211 STREET PUTNAM PLACE 7/20/2016 8/1/2016 11:59:59 PM 01 STREET OPENING PERMIT CONDUIT CONSTRUCTION

Thanks for the clarification. So then I am deducing that 42nd Street between the library and 7th is all small cell.  I noticed that every other light pole has a box on them (similar to other pictures), SCP is not reporting a band, and according to my LTE engineering screens I'm on band 41 with 40072 as the EARFCN and GCI 012A4431.  I'm also getting 40 down at Bryant Park when a month ago I was only getting 5 down.  This is pretty awesome.  Park is relatively packed tonight too with something going on on the lawn.

Yep you're right.

Walked right by the same cell on Friday on my way to Port Authority.

Does anyone know what the plan is with the second B25 carrier. Do they plan on deploying to everytower or just areas with congestions? Is it just a slow roll out like CA was and that's why we are only seeing it on a few towers at this time. I've seen it only a few timesin queens maybe 2 sites and mostly in Manhattan on 3-5 sites

Does anyone know what the plan is with the second B25 carrier. Do they plan on deploying to everytower or just areas with congestions? Is it just a slow roll out like CA was and that's why we are only seeing it on a few towers at this time. I've seen it only a few timesin queens maybe 2 sites and mostly in Manhattan on 3-5 sites

I'm fairly certain that the goal is to have it deployed on every site and I'm pretty sure it will happen very quickly much like the deployment of the second Band 41 carrier. It might be the case though that Sprint is just starting in these areas due to any number of reasons such as low EVDO usage or that they greatly needed LTE capacity.

• Like 1

Has Sprint announced or made any sort of PR about 2nd carrier or 10x10 B25 when rolled out in other markets?

Nope, they learned their lesson and aren't saying anything anymore, just letting G it speak for itself.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nope, they learned their lesson and aren't saying anything anymore, just letting G it speak for itself.

Letting PCS G speak for itself.  PCS B, too.

AJ

• Like 2

Has anyone here been inside stuyvesant town? Coverage outside is fine but once you go into any buidlimg and apartment you drop instantly from B41 LTE to 1x800. According to sponcer maps there are towers all around. I always report it on Sprint Zone.

From what Ive noticed its not only sprint that has issues. Att users get 1 bar of 4G (NOT Lte). A friend with tmobile had 2 dots on a non b12 phone but couldn't use any internet. And I'm pretty sure Verizon only had 3G on 850mhz. Seems like a prime spot for more mini micro cells or something else. Everyone was asking for the Wifi password

Sorry for all the post. Ive been busy and finally got some time off.

Has anyone here been inside stuyvesant town? Coverage outside is fine but once you go into any buidlimg and apartment you drop instantly from B41 LTE to 1x800. According to sponcer maps there are towers all around. I always report it on Sprint Zone.

From what Ive noticed its not only sprint that has issues. Att users get 1 bar of 4G (NOT Lte). A friend with tmobile had 2 dots on a non b12 phone but couldn't use any internet. And I'm pretty sure Verizon only had 3G on 850mhz. Seems like a prime spot for more mini micro cells or something else. Everyone was asking for the Wifi password

That's definitely not because of tower issues then. Sounds like the entire building is mostly concrete, brick, and sheet metal. That'll keep RF out for sure.

I think it's going to be on every tower, and offer congestion relief for those devices which idle on B25.

That's building construction for you.

That's building construction for you.

That's definitely not because of tower issues then. Sounds like the entire building is mostly concrete, brick, and sheet metal. That'll keep RF out for sure.

Yeah I know its not a tower issue but i feel like with all the new types of cells sites and proper real estate things like this can be fixed. I could only image how bad it was before sprint had 1x800. People probably didn't even have 1RTT signal inside. 

Yeah I know its not a tower issue but i feel like with all the new types of cells sites and proper real estate things like this can be fixed. I could only image how bad it was before sprint had 1x800. People probably didn't even have 1RTT signal inside. 

Unfortunately it's tough, but perhaps we'll see a small cell pop up along 1st which may improve the coverage there.

I wouldn't count on it to be honest, small cells are a lot lower power than a tower so I wouldn't expect a difference. Plus it only broadcasts LTE, no EVDO. If I were you, hope Sprint releases an LTE range extender.

This is awesome!

Mapclz7.png

UPDATE: I dont think this was meant for public consumption. Post removed from FB. Making it more awesome.

I wonder if they will get all 129 done by 10/15. While Manhattan has good B41 coverage they need these for congestion but all the other boroughs need them for actual coverage. Hopefully they start installing them there after 10/15. I recall Sprint having a 3rd party team for mini cells in NYC but also planned to do like 100-200 more in NYC on there own.

I wonder why these weren't the first thing to be converted to LTE from Clear WiMaxx since they seem to go so quick. 

I wonder if they will get all 129 done by 10/15. While Manhattan has good B41 coverage they need these for congestion but all the other boroughs need them for actual coverage. Hopefully they start installing them there after 10/15. I recall Sprint having a 3rd party team for mini cells in NYC but also planned to do like 100-200 more in NYC on there own.

I wonder why these weren't the first thing to be converted to LTE from Clear WiMaxx since they seem to go so quick. 

I have very little doubt they can get them up and running by middle of october, considering the speed they have deployed the rest, I also expect a ton more activity, the plan is to deploy over 2000 small cells in NYC.