Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Picked up a new small cell on the corner of 46th and 5th today on my walk to GCT. 

What's interesting is that the cells all use a discreet DL EARFCN, 40078, rather than the more popular 41276 or 41178 (I believe)

• Like 1

So I got my MSL and disabled band 41 and was able to connect to the site again without any issues. I also want to know that this was on University and 181st which is about two stops away from the macro side itself, if following how long 4 line

• Like 1

So I got my MSL and disabled band 41 and was able to connect to the site again without any issues. I also want to know that this was on University and 181st which is about two stops away from the macro side itself, if following how long 4 line

Just disabled B41 and B26 myself now, and tomorrow I'll be going up the 3rd Ave corridor.  I'll see if my phone picks up anything and screen-shot the engineering screens.  I'm really interested as to what PCS block the additional carrier is on.

Just disabled B41 and B26 myself now, and tomorrow I'll be going up the 3rd Ave corridor.  I'll see if my phone picks up anything and screen-shot the engineering screens.  I'm really interested as to what PCS block the additional carrier is on.

PCs B block earfcn 8321

• Like 1

Rootametrics 2nd half 2016 should be interesting to see. I think we will have some good gains. 

I was at a bbq next to my house around Luna Park couple days ago. I was pulling in around 80mbs down, my tmobile cousin was pretty much shocked.

Edited by Palan

Rootametrics 2nd half 2016 should be interesting to see. I think we will have some good gains. 

I was at a bbq next to my house around Luna Park couple days ago. I was pulling in around 80mbs down, my tmobile cousin was pretty much shocked.

The problem with RootMetric's NY report is it covers more than just NYC.  It's NY and the tri state area.

EXCELLENT!

What speeds did you average?

it was about 7 to 12Mbps close to 60-80dbm, edge of cell 95-100 much slower less than 2Mbps

This is great, with CDMA refarming being done to offload traffic on G block, life is looking better. Will see if I can connect to B25^2 in Queens in spots where B41 doesn't reach.

Forgive the questions that I'm sure have been answered before, but how do you use the GCI to detect if you're connected to a small cell or not?  

(Note that I've been searching for 30 minutes in this topic and can't find it, so I promise I tried to do my research first!)

Forgive the questions that I'm sure have been answered before, but how do you use the GCI to detect if you're connected to a small cell or not?  

(Note that I've been searching for 30 minutes in this topic and can't find it, so I promise I tried to do my research first!)

Fortunately? SCP does not detect the band (and GCI starts with 012x) on small cells so when you are connected to a site without band identity, and you can verify in your engineering screen that your connected to B41 chances are it's small cell.

Also super low ping (below 20) and speeds over 20mbs are also dead giveaways.

• Like 1

Fortunately? SCP does not detect the band (and GCI starts with 012x) on small cells so when you are connected to a site without band identity, and you can verify in your engineering screen that your connected to B41 chances are it's small cell.

Also super low ping (below 20) and speeds over 20mbs are also dead giveaways.

Thanks for the clarification. So then I am deducing that 42nd Street between the library and 7th is all small cell.  I noticed that every other light pole has a box on them (similar to other pictures), SCP is not reporting a band, and according to my LTE engineering screens I'm on band 41 with 40072 as the EARFCN and GCI 012A4431.  I'm also getting 40 down at Bryant Park when a month ago I was only getting 5 down.  This is pretty awesome.  Park is relatively packed tonight too with something going on on the lawn.

• Like 2

With the spotting of small cells in NYC, Band 26 popping up in Las Vegas, B25 2nd Carrier being spotted in many markets, and many areas that were languishing now seeing microwave installations/any movement at all, it seems like Sprint is ramping up the pace of upgrades again which is good to see.

• Like 9

With the spotting of small cells in NYC, Band 26 popping up in Las Vegas, B25 2nd Carrier being spotted in many markets, and many areas that were languishing now seeing microwave installations/any movement at all, it seems like Sprint is ramping up the pace of upgrades again which is good to see.

Yup and 3xCA is coming live soon!!

• Like 1

Looks like Sprint powered on a few more small cells between 74th st and 59th st on 5th Ave. Great considering that area didn't have good B41 coverage.

Also held onto small cells from 74th st to 30th, then handed off to Macro b41.

Awesome so far, can't wait to see these things live in the outer boroughs.

Also as added bonus connected to 2nd carrier B25 in Manhattan for a few seconds before being handed off to B41.

• Like 6

Also connected to second carrier when around 59th as well to a to two different sites on 6th and the 7th Ave myself. I mentioned a few days back about the second Fordham site that is providing extra capacity and coverage also has a second carrier live on it for Band 25 while the other seems to not. Don't understand the activation strategy for some reason. Signal check never logged it but it saw it while walking and had my phone locked to stay on band 25.

• Like 1

Looks like Sprint powered on a few more small cells between 74th st and 59th st on 5th Ave. Great considering that area didn't have good B41 coverage.

Also held onto small cells from 74th st to 30th, then handed off to Macro b41.

Awesome so far, can't wait to see these things live in the outer boroughs.

Also as added bonus connected to 2nd carrier B25 in Manhattan for a few seconds before being handed off to B41.

With the second band 25 carrier....can they just make it a one 10x10 carrier