Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Anyone been down to Whitehall/South Ferry area? I'm there everyday as part of my commute, never really on B41. It's somewhat usable on the street, but the second you enter the terminal you're on severely congested B26. That also affects your voyage to Staten Island until about the half way point, then B26 from the island/Jersey picks up and operates at about 1-2Mbps

Was it in CA? Typically, all the third carriers found have been in non CA config.

Don't believe so. I usually either get speed tests about 110Mbps or sometimes 50, 50Mbps probably being the third carrier.

Update: Just did a speedtest while on third carrier (41474), got 8Mbps. This carrier is probably the preferred for non CA devices while 41078+41276 just do CA, or maybe they haven't scaled up the fiber enough for it yet.

• Like 2

Don't believe so. I usually either get speed tests about 110Mbps or sometimes 50, 50Mbps probably being the third carrier.

Update: Just did a speedtest while on third carrier (41474), got 8Mbps. This carrier is probably the preferred for non CA devices while 41078+41276 just do CA, or maybe they haven't scaled up the fiber enough for it yet.

It looks like for now, the third carrier is reserved for non CA devices. Which is fine since there is plenty of capacity on CA carriers (plus adds more capacity!). But eventually we should see them CA the third, probably late summer as Tim has mentioned.

• Like 1

It looks like for now, the third carrier is reserved for non CA devices. Which is fine since there is plenty of capacity on CA carriers (plus adds more capacity!). But eventually we should see them CA the third, probably late summer as Tim has mentioned.

Someone send me a Galaxy S7 Edge,I'll keep us up to date on 300Mbps findings  ;)

Someone send me a Galaxy S7 Edge,I'll keep us up to date on 300Mbps findings ;)

It's not enabled yet.

Go find the GCI ending. I'm interested in what Nokia will do for 3rd carriers.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

It's not enabled yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

No I know, I meant for the future!

Does field test list GCI under another name or is there a special math calculation I gotta do to find it?

It's not enabled yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Screenshot shows the cell Identity as 20219195 so the GCI 0134853B 

3B meaning second carrier hmmm... strange.

Does iPhone have issues with that data not changing?

Screenshot shows the cell Identity as 20219195 so the GCI 0134853B

3B meaning second carrier hmmm... strange.

Does iPhone have issues with that data not changing?

The iPhone has a lot of issues with field test not updating. I wouldn't trust that screenshot.

So up until a few days ago I was kinda against using the CellMapper app since I thought it was unnecessarily confusing. After a few days I am starting to like it a lot more and I think we should start mapping with it more. T-Mobile users have been using it a lot and as a result the app is populated with a lot of data for them, more than any other carrier I feel like.

I just mapped my entire trip from Boston back to NYC although the server hasn't updated with the info yet. I feel like it would give a more accurate representation of what the Sprint network looks like today. So I encourage you all to download this app and start mapping again like we did 2+ years ago!

Only thing is, iPhone users can't map (although they never could with Sensorly either).

My Sprint mapping does not appear on CellMapper like my AT&T and T-Mobile mapping does. Also, I have problems with Verizon...which will show signal trails but not populate site data.

Sent from OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

The fun thing to monitor for the NY market is how much work Nokia does between Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint. If Nokia wants to do something spectacular to prove a point, I have an idea. Boost everyone's deployment on Nokia and let everyone figure out what the Non-Nokia carrier in NYC is. ????

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

My Sprint mapping does not appear on CellMapper like my AT&T and T-Mobile mapping does. Also, I have problems with Verizon...which will show signal trails but not populate site data.

Sent from OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

That's incredibly weird. My Sprint data populated but it took a day or so because they claim they don't have to server power to process and upload it immediately.

I simply haven't driven around enough yet to populate with site data though so I wouldn't know. It seems like it takes a lot of mapping in order for the app to triangulate a site location in the app.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

So is CA Band 41 basically live in all of NYC? What has been everyone's experience with CA devices?

Yup! CA's live in about 95% of all sites. Speeds vary between 15mb for traffic heavy locations, to 150mb for really low pop sites. Average about 20-30mb..

Yup! CA's live in about 95% of all sites. Speeds vary between 15mb for traffic heavy locations, to 150mb for really low pop sites. Average about 20-30mb..

I get 20-30 with just an iPhone 6. Around my neighborhood i get into the 40's. Shouldent it be in the 70's at least most of the time?

I get 20-30 with just an iPhone 6. Around my neighborhood i get into the 40's. Shouldent it be in the 70's at least most of the time?

CA benefits everyone, if your seeing 30-40s that means you'll see almost literally double that speed where you travel with CA device.