Ace41690

Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

How widespread is band26 in Brooklyn? My wife has a 5S and it never catches b26.

I catch Band 26 pretty often. You don't typically camp on it though unless no other LTE is available. It's very unlikely that she'll find Band 26 while out and about.

How widespread is band26 in Brooklyn? My wife has a 5S and it never catches b26.

iPhones seem to not like B26 while it's going through optimization (and even after it seems). I see more complaints about not getting B26 from iPhone users than any other device. (Also 1x800)

When I was at my friends house though, his iPhone 5S sat on Band 26 pretty easily in his basement. My M8 was doing the same.

are they working on 2nd carrier of B25 in the city?

When I was at my friends house though, his iPhone 5S sat on Band 26 pretty easily in his basement. My M8 was doing the same.

But that's the key, in the basement where signal was very weak, it flips over like it should. But out and about, iPhones seem to take the stronger B25 signal, even when it's overloaded. 

• Like 1

I think Sprint is waiting until enough people are off of EVDO before they start to refarm spectrum. My guess is Sprint will use a second PCS carrier in NYC early next year or late this year if we are lucky. I've noticed that my EVDO ping is typically under 80ms and speeds are typically over 1 Mbps.

I have not heard anything about a second carrier in NYC yet. In some markets they are working on it right now, but I don't think they can spare any spectrum at the moment in NYC. 

The new Sprint store at Gateway Center in Brooklyn is a corporate location. Maybe Sprint is doing corporate only going forward. It'd be really good for their image if it's true. There are simply way too many affiliate stores in NYC.

Additionally, every corporate store that I've been in had working floor model devices. I can't say the same for affiliate stores.

I agree, at least here in NYC.

The new Sprint store at Gateway Center in Brooklyn is a corporate location. Maybe Sprint is doing corporate only going forward. It'd be really good for their image if it's true. There are simply way too many affiliate stores in NYC.

I avoid third party Sprint store the last time my wife went there for a repair, somebody used my upgrades to purchase two phones and was a nightmare to figure everything out. I had to do Sprint fraud department their job and find out where the purchased were made

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

yes iphone 5 , just band 25. Several months back I did try out an lg g2 and had the same issue.

Interesting, I'll do some testing with my G2.

I picked it up in Queens for the first time last night.

I just reflashed my G2, and it first picked up a really weak B41 signal, before switching and camping on B26. 

There are quite a few retail stores in the NYC market though. 

But that's the key, in the basement where signal was very weak, it flips over like it should. But out and about, iPhones seem to take the stronger B25 signal, even when it's overloaded.

That does seem to be the case, my phone likes to switch to B25 once the signal strength is acceptable, I've never had a strong B26 signal. But if B25 and B26 are both weak-ish, it generally doesn't switch. Right now it's parked on B26, even though B25 is available.

That does seem to be the case, my phone likes to switch to B25 once the signal strength is acceptable, I've never had a strong B26 signal. But if B25 and B26 are both weak-ish, it generally doesn't switch. Right now it's parked on B26, even though B25 is available.

In certain cases it switches to B26 for capacity, where B25 might be overloaded.

In certain cases it switches to B26 for capacity, where B25 might be overloaded.

It would seem iPhones are not getting switched for capacity the way they should. From the way people have been describing their 5s/c B26 experiences, it sounds like they get switched on low signal, but not so much for capacity. Can't prove that, but that's what it sounds like based on iPhone user reports in several markets.

Sent from my LG G3

• Like 2

Hopefully Apple will adjust it so it switches when over capacity

It would seem iPhones are not getting switched for capacity the way they should. From the way people have been describing their 5s/c B26 experiences, it sounds like they get switched on low signal, but not so much for capacity. Can't prove that, but that's what it sounds like based on iPhone user reports in several markets.

Sent from my LG G3

I have a similar experience almost every time. An overloaded b25 barely getting 1 mb down and it doesn't switch me to b26 to help with capacity issues. 

I just ordered an htc one m8 to replace my iphone 5. I'll see if I like it and will ofcourse see how triband has progressed since I last tried an lg g2 4 months ago.

• Like 1

Was hanging out at The DL downtown by Delancey and Ludlow indoor speeds were pretty epic 60-70mb down...

• Like 2

Hit some more B26 up in new Rochelle. 

• Like 1

Hit some more B26 up in new Rochelle.

nice! Where about in new Rochelle? It seems that lately there has been little to no 3g to LTE site upgrades in lower Westchester county.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

At 207th and Broadway I'm always on B41 today it seems to be parked on B26 for the first time, even after airplane toggle.

• Like 1

Inside tj max in Rockland, NY

post-38565-0-78180000-1409525787_thumb.jpg

• Like 1