Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

That's so weird... I just got my iPhone 5s test drive today also and I live 2 blocks away from luna Park... I consistently get 15 to 20mbps with my nexus 5 on band 41..tried the T-Mobile lte on the iPhone and got 8 to 18mbps but the upload on T-Mobile was a lot faster.. 10 to 15mbps vs sprints 5mbps..was gonna put the sim in my nexus 5 but needed a nano to micro sim adapter -_-

Different time of day probably. The amount of people simultaneously using data was probably higher when he test than when you tested.

Here is a test I just did on Nexus 5 at home. Sprint vs T-Mo

Sprint on the left B26

T-Mo on the right B??

Band 4. It seems both have their areas that are good and bad. T-Mobile has the advantage of 10x10 in NYC and in your case they also have a stronger signal. 

Band 4. It seems both have their areas that are good and bad. T-Mobile has the advantage of 10x10 in NYC and in your case they also have a stronger signal.

And to clarify I was not getting any LTE in my house until a month ago where I started seeing B26 in my living room and B41 in my bedroom. I have very thick walls and i think T-Mo has a site a block away from my house. Outside of my home Sprint mostly performs better than T-Mo out here in the Bronx.
  • Like 3

Day two with tmobile. I went to a couple of stores to see indoor coverage. This was on neptune ave and around west 5th st.

I went into rite aide and cvs and some other store. Overall sprint had better indoor coverage and better speeds.

I was surprised that when tmobile iPhone switched to 4G aka HSPA it was pretty slow, like around 1mb/s. So far I'm not impressed.

My final test will be at work. I will also test the train to work where sprint loves to stick to slow ass 3g most of the ride. 

Im basically testing only where i go, not new places where i normally don't go. 

forgot to add that speeds were very comparable when outside. Im surprised by how close the speeds are. 5-12 mb/s outside today for both. indoor tmobile had trouble passing 3 mb/s. sprint was around 6-7mbs indoor where i tested. i can imagine that a triband phone would blow away tmobile where i live. 

Edited by Palan
  • Like 4

Day two with tmobile. I went to a couple of stores to see indoor coverage. This was on neptune ave and around west 5th st.

I went into rite aide and cvs and some other store. Overall sprint had better indoor coverage and better speeds.

I was surprised that when tmobile iPhone switched to 4G aka HSPA it was pretty slow, like around 1mb/s. So far I'm not impressed.

My final test will be at work. I will also test the train to work where sprint loves to stick to slow ass 3g most of the ride.

Im basically testing only where i go, not new places where i normally don't go.

Sprint and t mobile are almost the same, my brother left Sprint for t-mobile and both are bad at my house and his job the big advantage for t mobile was wifi calling

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sprint and t mobile are almost the same, my brother left Sprint for t-mobile and both are bad at my house and his job the big advantage for t mobile was wifi calling

And now Sprint has WiFi Calling, so his loss!

• Like 2

I'm in Elmont right now. I mapped my trip from Crown Heights into Elmont. I had 899 points of LTE and 76 points of 3G. Sprint is has nearly blanketed the Belt Pkwy/Sunrise HWY from Canarsie to Elmont in LTE. 

Next time I go out to Bay Shore, I'll be sure to map the trip. Though that'll probably be a while from now since I'm going to Boston for college on Wednesday.

• Like 3

Yeah I have an M8.

just a quick question about the m8. Is there anyway to hide the soft keys while watching a video in the browser? I noticed that in the browser when launching a video the soft keys stay.  They disappear in apps like IMDB or youtube.

Some videos play through the browser which doesn't hide the nav bar and some play through HTC's own video player. You usually know because it gives you the option to play or download the video. If you have the option to play or download, the nav bar goes away.

I just went to Red Hook and mapped by Ikea and going up Van Brunt street. Sadly I was interrupted by a call so I couldn't map all of Van Brunt, but you can see there is a strong signal where I mapped. There is also a faint signal in the outdoor parking lot of Ikea. I've never switched bands so much in my life. It went from -114dbm Band 41 to -107dbm Band 25 to -98dbm Band 26 in such a short period of time. I stopped mapping when I got out of the car, so the Band 26 isn't reflected on the map.

I even mapped on the Water Taxi, you can see the LTE start by the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal because I had just turned on Sensorly for the hell of it. I had 382 points of 4G mapped, just over 200 for WiFi and 0 of 2G/3G. Ubiquitous LTE coverage from Red Hook to my home. I'm loving it!

And a part of my street just got one shade darker from my continuous mapping. Finally my work starting to take form!!!

• Like 6

Update on day 3 with tmobile. I was at the ceaser bay plaza in Brooklyn. Inside toys r us tmobile had lte but sprint did not. In kohls it was the opposite. Sprint had lte and tmobile had unusable 4g

• Like 2

I'm in Elmont right now. I mapped my trip from Crown Heights into Elmont. I had 899 points of LTE and 76 points of 3G. Sprint is has nearly blanketed the Belt Pkwy/Sunrise HWY from Canarsie to Elmont in LTE.

Next time I go out to Bay Shore, I'll be sure to map the trip. Though that'll probably be a while from now since I'm going to Boston for college on Wednesday.

That's amazing . Was it B41 or B25 cause Ik there's a B25 Site that's on the Elmont Road site

How is wifi calling a big advantage for T mobile. I have been making wifi calls since 2010 with Google voice. LOL talk about misinformation. Anyone using Google voice can make wifi calls for free.,

How is wifi calling a big advantage for T mobile. I have been making wifi calls since 2010 with Google voice. LOL talk about misinformation. Anyone using Google voice can make wifi calls for free.,

can you use your real number though?

Sprint finally turned on Band 26 for my home. My house eats up the signal just like nearly any brownstone would but speeds are great. PCS used to give me 1-2Mbps down and under 1Mbps up. SMR is giving me 6-7 down and 1-2 up.

Signal ranges anywhere from -106 to -111dbm on Band 26.

Band 25 is typically -110 to -117dbm. This may be adjusted but I'm not sure yet.

That should get a little better once they turn up the surrounding sites and tune them.

I usually compare the Walmart over in Lodi, NJ as the litmus test of Walmarts. Big, with a food center. The one in Valley Stream was recently updated and I can say its as close if not the same size as the one in Lodi. There used to be a Pet store and National Liquidators next to them. They closed and Walmart expanded into their space, basically doubling the size. 

TS

I thought the one in North Bergen was bigger than the one in Lodi? 

Now that I live in Queens, I drive over to Valley Stream for all Walmart needs, though thankfully the Target on Queens Blvd has almost everything I need.