Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

New sites don't always come through the same channels as regular updates. If your signal changed that much (roaming to -80s) that would seem to indicate a new site of some sort.

Hopefully they can put LTE on that new tower then! Perhaps Sprint was able to get a site out in Roxbury or Breezy Point where I know there are no Sprint sites currently. As far as I know, most carriers just try to blast across the entire peninsula from Belle Harbor or Neponsit to cover Roxbury and Breezy Point.

Verizon's signal is about 3 bars of LTE now on the beach but speeds were 2 down and 240Kbps up with pings of 80ms.

The problem with FiOS is Verizon's total disregard of net neutrality laws. I have friends that cannot run Netflix at full HD during peak hours, which is insane considering one of them pay for a 300mb/s connection!!.

I'll stick with Cablevision and there "slower" 101mb/s, thank you very much!

Maybe they have a problem with their service. I have anywhere from 1-5 Netflix streams running in HD at my house during peak times with no problem on FiOS.

Sounds like a landlord or COOP board didn't want them to install the wiring in the buildings there. A lot of landlords and COOP boards refuse Verizon because they worry about the issues that may come up when they wire the building. Landlords especially hate having the optical network terminal installed because it must be fastened on a wall.

Yep, the terminal is exactly why our landlord refuses to let us get FIOS.

• Like 1

sorry but not buying that one even a little bit

During the weekend the network load is completely different than during the week. I was on 45th and 8th ave, and my speeds were between 40-50mb on B41, and 1.5mb+ on 3G. That is perfectly possible, considering its over the weekend. Also, B41 and 26 is present in that area offloading a bit.

• Like 1

During the weekend the network load is completely different than during the week. I was on 45th and 8th ave, and my speeds were between 40-50mb on B41, and 1.5mb+ on 3G. That is perfectly possible, considering its over the weekend. Also, B41 and 26 is present in that area offloading a bit.

was in Herald Square (at Macy's) earlier today and couldn't crack 2mbps

given the amount of congestion in the city, 45th and 8th might as well be on another planet.

Edited by Morningside78

was in Herald Square (at Macy's) earlier today and couldn't crack 2mbps

given the amount of congestion in the city, 45th and 8th might as well be on another planet.

I get 20mb+ on B41 at herald Sq, almost everyday, if you speak of indoor performance, its a completely different animal.

I get 20mb+ on B41 at herald Sq, almost everyday, if you speak of indoor performance, its a completely different animal.

I have an iPhone 5S so only on band 25.  and my speed tests from earlier today were outdoors.  I don't even bother checking LTE indoors most of the time.

Just did some testing on ATT vs Sprint vs Tmobile near my home in the Bronx,

ATT 4mb down .50 up 42ping (Did another test and ATT throttles my buddy to .50 after 5GB even though he is on an unlimited plan)

Tmobile 1mb down 11mb up 46ping

Sprint 38mb down 14mb up 48ping.

Wish I had access to a Verizon phone, but this gives us an idea what direction things are going..

• Like 3

oh dear god no.  biggest piece of junk ever.  I'll wait until the iPhone 6 comes out.  never going back to Android.

Galaxy phones okish phones, but not indicative of android as a whole by a long shot! Pick up a Nexus 5 or an M8 and you will have a better understanding of what a proper android phone is.

Galaxy phones okish phones, but not indicative of android as a whole by a long shot! Pick up a Nexus 5 or an M8 and you will have a better understanding of a proper android phone.

I first used Android devices years and years before I ever touched an iPhone.  my experience with the platform is sufficient.

I first used Android devices years and years before I ever touched an iPhone.  my experience with the platform is sufficient.

Too bad it was with a somewhat crappy android phone.. Well known as one of the least desirable of the next generation android phones for many reasons.

Too bad it was with a somewhat crappy android phone..LOL

I don't like the OS. I'm no longer part of a lifestyle that allows hours upon hours for flashing roms and customizing a clunky OS.  iPhones work beautifully and require practically zero maintenance.

and no offense, but you have no idea which Android devices I've used. 

oh dear god no. biggest piece of junk ever. I'll wait until the iPhone 6 comes out. never going back to Android.

Wow. Biggest piece of junk ever? Hyperbole much?

I think you wrote you had Samsung before but you chose to go back. Why didn't you try Lg or the Nexus. I can understand not liking Samsung skins but wow worst piece of junk ever?

*sits back and watches videos on a large screen on blazing fast b41 while iPhone users look over my shoulder*

:)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I don't like the OS. I'm no longer part of a lifestyle that allows hours upon hours for flashing roms and customizing a clunky OS.  iPhones work beautifully and require practically zero maintenance.

and no offense, but you have no idea which Android devices I've used. 

I dont want to turn this into an android vs iOS thing, but its well known that iOS is a closed box, which is fine if your not into tinkering. 

But to write android off as a clunky OS is foolish. Im afraid iOS is dated at best in comparison. 

• Like 4

in the roughly 18 years I've owned a cell phone, the Galaxy S5 is hands down the least impressed I've been with any device I've used

But despite all of that, its still capable of very many things that iphones cannot...

• Like 4