Ace41690

Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Does the evo have 800 LTE?

Nope, just 800 CDMA. 

I was in Ikea in Red Hook and picked up 1x800 from Park Slope. That is pretty far! I was so excited!

Thats surprising since The Ikea had Horrible service last time I was there. Had signal but couldn't do anything with it.

Thats surprising since The Ikea had Horrible service last time I was there. Had signal but couldn't do anything with it.

I was on line waiting to pay, pretty much the only place that your phone gets usable signal on Sprint.

• Like 1

Low signal in my area in bay ridge today... Hopefully an upgrade finally!

Just noticed a dark spot on William st down by Wall St closer east. Looks like downtown is finally moving along.

Low signal in my area in bay ridge today... Hopefully an upgrade finally!

I was right! 4G signal today.

tJQ0zjD.jpgHLrryAl.jpg

Edited by Beremat
  • Like 4

I was right! 4G signal today.

Get some sensorly going! and start mappin!

Edited by nexgencpu
  • Like 2

I was on line waiting to pay, pretty much the only place that your phone gets usable signal on Sprint.

I was in Ikea on Saturday and I did not get any signal whatsoever, but it just wasn't Sprint, the guy next to me also had issues connecting and he had AT&T. I think Ikea does that on purpose so you can't check prices elsewhere.  :angry: 

Once outside i did get a signal though.

TS

• Like 1

I was in Ikea on Saturday and I did not get any signal whatsoever, but it just wasn't Sprint, the guy next to me also had issues connecting and he had AT&T. I think Ikea does that on purpose so you can't check prices elsewhere.  :angry: 

Once outside i did get a signal though.

TS

Me too, what if I ran into you. I was buried in my phone so you probably wouldn't recognize me by face.

• Like 1

I got 800 again. This time while in the train at 14th Street. It disappeared before I got to capture it. I screenshotted it when I saw it but it disappeared before I got a chance to open SignalCheck.

Me too, what if I ran into you. I was buried in my phone so you probably wouldn't recognize me by face.

I was there between 9:30AM to 10 near the cafeteria by the windows crying for a signal, from 10Am to 12PM mostly in the bed section taking measurements of the beds. lol 

Small world.

TS out

• Like 1

HOLY SHIZNIT! 

• New York City – 23 updates (15 LTE) :tu:
  • Like 3

Tower across my work place just got upgraded to LTE. On the street level the speeds are anywhere from 3 to 5Mbps. Inside my office my phone flips between 3G and LTE (around 110-118dBm) with absolutely zero data. 3G is as always around 50-100 kbps. The tower is on the south side of our building and so is my office so I don’t think I'm connecting to a different site. I can literally see the tower when looking down from 40th floor. This is extremely disappointing. I guess now the wait starts for the 800MHz LTE deployment in NYC or maybe Sprint engineers will realize that Manhattan is filled with high-rise buildings and you need more of an “up tilt” than “down tilt”  :( .

Tower across my work place just got upgraded to LTE. On the street level the speeds are anywhere from 3 to 5Mbps. Inside my office my phone flips between 3G and LTE (around 110-118dBm) with absolutely zero data. 3G is as always around 50-100 kbps. The tower is on the south side of our building and so is my office so I don’t think I'm connecting to a different site. I can literally see the tower when looking down from 40th floor. This is extremely disappointing. I guess now the wait starts for the 800MHz LTE deployment in NYC or maybe Sprint engineers will realize that Manhattan is filled with high-rise buildings and you need more of an “up tilt” than “down tilt”  :( .

Where are you located? keep in mind with the PCS spacing, you might end up with an even closer site to serve your area. But regardless, in building coverage is always a crab shot with 1900.

Where are you located? keep in mind with the PCS spacing, you might end up with an even closer site to serve your area. But regardless, in building coverage is always a crab shot with 1900.

6th Ave and W54 st across from Hilton. If you look at the sponsor map, you'll see where the tower is.

What signal do you get on 3G in your building? Typically the LTE signal that I get is 1 bar below the signal that I get on 3G from the same tower.

What signal do you get on 3G in your building? Typically the LTE signal that I get is 1 bar below the signal that I get on 3G from the same tower.

Depends. If I put the phone on the left side of my desk its around 95dBm. Keeping the phone on the right side degrades the signal to 100-105dBm :). LTE signal from my experience is usually 10dBM weaker than the 3G signal. Below is the picture I just took from my office. Its not very clear due to the glare but the arrow points to where the towers are.

IMG_20131003_155126.jpg

Quite frankly, i'm not surprised considering your 3G signal is so weak. How is 3G performance now, if the 3G side is activated, the speeds should be sufficient. At home, on a -95 signal, I usually get up to 1Mbps.

Quite frankly, i'm not surprised considering your 3G signal is so weak. How is 3G performance now, if the 3G side is activated, the speeds should be sufficient. At home, on a -95 signal, I usually get up to 1Mbps.

The problem is that their is probably a lot more load in this area vs a typical residential area. But again, he might end up with a site thats at a higher location near by. 

• Like 1

Well, my phone no longer dies in the middle of the day due to weak signal. This is after the tower recieved 3G upgrades about a month ago. The speeds are still around 50-100kbps. My coworker with VZW gets -105 to -110 dBM signal on his DROID (he uses Signalcheck lite). His speeds are consistently between 5-10Mbps. Maybe LTE on 800 will fix all of these problems?

It is half the amount of spectrum so, in ideal conditions, one can expect half the speed.

I live in queens, zip 11365. Get constantly dropped calls in recent months

It is half the amount of spectrum so, in ideal conditions, one can expect half the speed.

Assuming the site is in exactly the same location with the exact number of connections. I bet, it will be equal or better than verizon either through 800 or 2500. 

I live in queens, zip 11365. Get constantly dropped calls in recent months

Usually a sign of upgrades happening. 

• Like 1

Assuming the site is in exactly the same location with the exact number of connections. I bet, it will be equal or better than verizon either through 800 or 2500.

Why's that?