Ace41690

Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

The concept is awesome. But their will most likely be a cap. But if their is no cap, I'm in!

Just the acknowledgement of triband as official..hopefully is a good sign of Clearwire signing off with sprint.

man, only if my phone has the capabilities of triband LTE.... not really sure why tmobile had the authority to put a dormant LTE chip in the note 2 but Sprint cannot put a dormant 800/2500mhz LTE chip on the phones that has been sold last few months. All I have to wish for is new people getting 800/2500mhz capable phones to offload on 1900mhz band for the next year and a half. 

man, only if my phone has the capabilities of triband LTE.... not really sure why tmobile had the authority to put a dormant LTE chip in the note 2 but Sprint cannot put a dormant 800/2500mhz LTE chip on the phones that has been sold last few months. All I have to wish for is new people getting 800/2500mhz capable phones to offload on 1900mhz band for the next year and a half. 

Imagine me, my phone is 3weeks old...LOL! But regardless, once traffic gets routed to different frequencies that should help!

Just because 3G is complete does not mean backhaul is live on the site sir. It may be only once 4G is turned on that 3g is hooked up to fiber.

How can the 3G upgrades be fully complete if only 50% of the sites in the NYC market have seen NV upgrades? And if a site has been upgraded but the backhaul isn't ready, I don't see how it can be considered complete.

Quite the opposite for me. Their have been rare occasions where 3G has been slow. Again we are talking about NYC, which LI officially isn't included.

I'm also referring to just NYC (Queens/Brooklyn), it seems like I'm almost always connected to a legacy site, even if I'm in an area with strong LTE coverage (which, I know means little), but that's just my luck, of course. I'm not complaining or anything, I know the wait is almost over (hopefully).

Edited by Sonic13

How can the 3G upgrades be fully complete if only 50% of the sites in the NYC market have seen NV upgrades? And if a site has been upgraded but the backhaul isn't ready, I don't see how it can be considered complete.

I'm also referring to just NYC (Queens/Brooklyn), it seems like I'm almost always connected to a legacy site, even if I'm in an area with strong LTE coverage (which, I know means little), but that's just my luck, of course. I'm not complaining or anything.

3G Completed indicates the acceptance for the physical work in putting up antennas, rru's new coaxial / fiber cables from ground cabinet to RRU's, and that the equipment is powered up and capable. Depending on backhaul capability, they may hook up legacy T1 backhaul while waiting for upgraded backhaul. The only 100% confirmation that upgraded backhaul is in place is if the site is 4G accepted as 4G will only be accepted with upgraded backhaul. 

• Like 2

3G Completed indicates the acceptance for the physical work in putting up antennas, rru's new coaxial / fiber cables from ground cabinet to RRU's, and that the equipment is powered up and capable. Depending on backhaul capability, they may hook up legacy T1 backhaul while waiting for upgraded backhaul. The only 100% confirmation that upgraded backhaul is in place is if the site is 4G accepted as 4G will only be accepted with upgraded backhaul.

I'm aware, but I just fail to see how the NYC Market has had a "complete 3G overhaul" when only 50% of the sites have seen NV upgrades. If anything, it should be just that, fifty percent. But I'm no expert.

Edited by Sonic13

I'm also referring to just NYC (Queens/Brooklyn), it seems like I'm almost always connected to a legacy site, even if I'm in an area with strong LTE coverage (which, I know means little), but that's just my luck, of course. I'm not complaining or anything, I know the wait is almost over (hopefully).

You have a 4S still, right? That's not a LTE capable phone.

You have a 4S still, right? That's not a LTE capable phone.

Yes, I know it isn't. I was basically stating that being in an area with strong LTE coverage isn't always a guarantee of getting NV 3G.

Yes, I know it isn't. I was basically stating that being in an area with strong LTE coverage isn't always a guarantee of getting NV 3G.

In urban areas, Sprint has to work delicately with the cell sites in order to minimize service disruptions to subscribers. As such, they will do cluster launches on the 3G side of things. In the meantime, the legacy 3G equipment will continue to be in service.

I get pretty good 3G performance, btwn 400-1500k and my pings are crazy sometimes sub 70...

I get pretty good 3G performance, btwn 400-1500k and my pings are crazy sometimes sub 70...

I typically see 0-350k DL speeds with 400-700ms pings, which is fine for web browsing, tweeting, etc. I try to avoid anything data intensive, it'll either stall or kill my battery quick (or a combination of both) or just not work altogether.

Edited by Sonic13

I typically see 0-350k DL speeds with 400-700ms pings, which is fine for web browsing, tweeting, etc. I try to avoid anything data intensive, it'll either stall or kill my battery quick (or a combination of both) or just not work all together.

Where are you? Sounds like your still riding on legacy stuff!

Where are you? Sounds like your still riding on legacy stuff!

South Jamaica, Queens; surrounded by LTE on 3 sides lol.

Edited by Sonic13
  • Like 1

Maybe the NV 3G Cluster is not quite ready...If im not mistaken, they can have 4G LTE running without having 3G ready on the same site.

True. NV 3G tends to be turned on in clusters, even when complete. LTE tends to be turned on upon acceptance of the tower from Sprint.

• Like 1

Even now, i just did speedtest...5pm probably worst time to do test due to influx of users, im getting 300k down 900k up 80ping.

Currently in the Clearview cinema on 23 street and have a strong LTE signal. I am pulling about 7Mbps down and 2 up.

• Like 1

I'm aware, but I just fail to see how the NYC Market has had a "complete 3G overhaul" when only 50% of the sites have seen NV upgrades. If anything, it should be just that, fifty percent. But I'm no expert.

If you would like to see for yourself how far along the east coast is,become a sponsor. 

Lte is available on the corner of McLean ave and cental ave in Yonkers. On the bronx border.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Lte is available on the corner of McLean ave and cental ave in Yonkers. On the bronx border.

Just noticed dark purple in and around Cross County Mall in Yonkers.

Nice im stopping by cross county tomorrow ill see whats up.

• Like 1

hmmm

s4gru mentions that devices and phones will have 800 capability by summer and year end. Then all of a sudden Sprint and media outlets mention Triband devices by summer, phones by year end all with 800 capability. 

Coincidence, I think not.   :P 

Anyway, as for the topic at hand, a while back my LTE signal was less than optimal, but lately, both at work and home, its been quite good. i don't even have to use the Tri-Fi hotspot as much as I used to. Speaking of which, I sort of like the look of the new Triband hotspot in the articles. 

TS

• Like 2

hmmm

s4gru mentions that devices and phones will have 800 capability by summer and year end. Then all of a sudden Sprint and media outlets mention Triband devices by summer, phones by year end all with 800 capability.

Coincidence, I think not. :P

Anyway, as for the topic at hand, a while back my LTE signal was less than optimal, but lately, both at work and home, its been quite good. i don't even have to use the Tri-Fi hotspot as much as I used to. Speaking of which, I sort of like the look of the new Triband hotspot in the articles.

TS

800 should be available after June 30 sometime. Some phones like the iPhone 5 have 800 voice built in, but not data. Probably the next iphone will have 800 LTE . The galaxy s4 and the new htc also both dont have 800 LTE compatible. So wait for your next upgrade if speed and coverage matter to u

They both have SMR voice and data. Just not LTE data. 1x data is around 153Kbps at top speed.

They both have SMR voice and data. Just not LTE data. 1x data is around 153Kbps at top speed.

Coming soon to a area near you. 56 k speeds with new improved burst speeds! Lol