Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Queens and SI seem to be the only boroughs that don't have as much NV work as the other boroughs. How has wrk been in the Bronx. There hasn't been much talk about them for a while.

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on lunch today at tmobile checking out their plan prices. One of the reps came up and asked what service you on? I said Sprint and she immediately went on this rant on how sprint is slow, ouch

Its finally happened!!!! Sprint overtook Tmobile on Netindex in Manhattan!!     Next...Verizon!!

This is awesome!     UPDATE: I dont think this was meant for public consumption. Post removed from FB. Making it more awesome.

Posted Images

Sprints 3G has always been slow! I left from sprint two weeks ago cause of that. NV is taking way to long to be completed.

I don't blame you. When NV is finished and done, that's when anyone should decide to come back. The upgrades are killing me. Having spotty and poor coverage due to upgrades are normal these days and you would be lucky to be in the parts of the city where there is LTE. Sensorly is accurate up to a certain point. There are spots that had LTE and was mapped but are no longer getting that signal due to adjustments.

• Like 1

I don't blame you. When NV is finished and done, that's when anyone should decide to come back. The upgrades are killing me. Having spotty and poor coverage due to upgrades are normal these days and you would be lucky to be in the parts of the city where there is LTE. Sensorly is accurate up to a certain point. There are spots that had LTE and was mapped but are no longer getting that signal due to adjustments.

using sprint for 7 train ride from queensboro plaza to Flushing is a joke now. half of the time the phone has 4g signal but the signal is coming from very far away with worse than -120dbm. turning off the 4g doesn't really help because 3g signal is very poor due to tower being down because of NV. at least in Flushing, the 4g is very good since there are five towers live with 4g and I have pretty good speed at home. the quarterly report from sprint showed 643 million dollar loss with loss of 560,000 contracts, but with significant improvements on net loss from previously quarterly report. the loss of contracts are due to Nextel sites going down. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323789704578442454292712928.html

Queens and SI seem to be the only boroughs that don't have as much NV work as the other boroughs. How has wrk been in the Bronx. There hasn't been much talk about them for a while.

Nothing new other than the spotty LTE. When you have though its good.

Everyday it seems to be a bit more consistent..its not perfect but its less spotty as time goes on..

Everyday it seems to be a bit more consistent..its not perfect but its less spotty as time goes on..

The thing is... everywhere but Queens, S.I. and Lower Manhattan is getting less spotty. Living example right here as I live and work and visit places where LTE doesn't exist. But it will be better in a year.

Sprints 3G has always been slow! I left from sprint two weeks ago cause of that. NV is taking way to long to be completed.

What do you have now ?

What do you have now ?

I left to T-Mobile and got the iPhone 5 with them. Which i can be unlocked to use in the US. I returned my iPhone 5 to sprint and they waived my cancellation fee. T-mobile will have LTE in NYC by mid June.

I left to T-Mobile and got the iPhone 5 with them. Which i can be unlocked to use in the US. I returned my iPhone 5 to sprint and they waived my cancellation fee. T-mobile will have LTE in NYC by mid June.

Sprint is awesome like that but uhh , how's T-Mobiles HSPA+ i hear its faster than our 3G & 4G

• Like 1

Stay on topic please and if you're interested in T-mobile then take it to private messages People, like me, actually follow topics and gets notifications when there's a new message...

• Like 1

All I can say is that I am starting to get LTE signal on and off in my home in the Bronx. Most places I go has LTE in the city, and since I bought my p[hint to talk LTE is a bonus for 10.00 more.....wTF I can understand people wanting to down load a beak neck speeds, but to go pay more for it makes me wonder WTF the gripe is all about .....but then again I don't need to have the fasted down loads as long as I can make and receive text and calls at a fair price.

The last time that I checked Verizon's cheapest plan is 90.00 for 300 minutes and 1gig of LTE usage......man people are loaded, desperate or stupid....pick one.Sprint will be a leader by the end of next year any one leaving for a "QWIK" fix today will be locked into slow ass high priced contracts else ware,

I went to the Yankee game tonight and had LTE throughout the whole stadium. Over 30,000 people there! Check out these speeds! http://tinypic.com/v...pic=2143y82&s=5 :(

On the bright side, at least it didn't overload the tower and you get 0 data going to or from the cell site. Some BRS TDD-LTE seems to be in order for gatherings like that.

On the bright side, at least it didn't overload the tower and you get 0 data going to or from the cell site. Some BRS TDD-LTE seems to be in order for gatherings like that.

Actually it took me quite a few times to get the app to even start doing the test! This was considered good! It gets me nervous what will happen if people hog the bandwidth around NYC! Can they add more speed to more populated areas?