Ace41690

Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

I didn't start nathen bro I jokingly said ewww when I asked what phone his sis bought smh. Joking yeah. Instigating no

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

True what your saying. This thread is fine with a sense of humor but no wars. U were just being funny. (Or maybe not :))

Either way, it's a minor win that she came from Verizon.

...and now the world... *evil triangle of contemplation*

Anywho, LTE seems to have settled and coverage is okay west of Webster ave. :-)

• Like 2

I'm glad you guys understand each other as I forgot my NYC secret decoder wheel at home today.

• Like 1

I'm glad you guys understand each other as I forgot my NYC secret decoder wheel at home today.

By the way, prl 51096 got pushed to my iPhone. Probably something insignificant compared to 51095 right?

Either way, it's a minor win that she came from Verizon.

...and now the world... *evil triangle of contemplation*

Anywho, LTE seems to have settled and coverage is okay west of Webster ave. :-)

Haha so so true

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

So for those who have LTE onair nearby, how's the handoffs between LTE and EVDO?

So for those who have LTE onair nearby, how's the handoffs between LTE and EVDO?

Since Evdo works in clusters, it varies. Most places that have LTE on air have Evdo update.

Since Evdo works in clusters, it varies. Most places that have LTE on air have Evdo update.

Yes, but in a lot of areas that have LTE onair, they are surrounded by legacy sites.

Case in point, Sunnyside, NY. I was walking along Queens Blvd yesterday between 39th and 40th street, and saw LTE, connected to it, and when I walked indoors, where it should have switched, the phone held onto the LTE signal longer and my data didn't work.

By the way, prl 51096 got pushed to my iPhone. Probably something insignificant compared to 51095 right?

I looked at one of the revisions and it was one change pushing Carolina Wireless down in scan priority.

Sent from my little Note2

Yes, but in a lot of areas that have LTE onair, they are surrounded by legacy sites.

Case in point, Sunnyside, NY. I was walking along Queens Blvd yesterday between 39th and 40th street, and saw LTE, connected to it, and when I walked indoors, where it should have switched, the phone held onto the LTE signal longer and my data didn't work.

Did you get a chance to see your signal strength? I've seen excellent indoor performance until about -104dBm where i wish it would switch back to 3G.

Did you get a chance to see your signal strength? I've seen excellent indoor performance until about -104dBm where i wish it would switch back to 3G.

I didn't check, was just randomly looking at my phone while walking around.

I'll check today when I get off at Lowery.

That's why I love my EVO LTE. That weaker radio actually helps. My Dad's Note 2 was on LTE and getting extremely slow speeds but my EVO was on NV 3G and I was getting faster speeds than him. The Note 2 refuses to let go of LTE in my house whereasy phone will let go around -120dbm.

Hand off between LTE and evdo is pretty good. I was at dyker golf course yesterday in brooklyn streaming the golf masters tournament it was switching between 3g n 4g on and off but the stream was pretty good and fast enough on 3g

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

That's why I love my EVO LTE. That weaker radio actually helps. My Dad's Note 2 was on LTE and getting extremely slow speeds but my EVO was on NV 3G and I was getting faster speeds than him. The Note 2 refuses to let go of LTE in my house whereasy phone will let go around -120dbm.

That is the exact same issue I'm having with the iPhone 5 and my iPad at my girl's house in Sunnyside. She gets a very weak LTE signal so my device ends up connecting to it.

Thankfully I'm always on WIFI there, so I don't have any issues.

I looked at one of the revisions and it was one change pushing Carolina Wireless down in scan priority.

Sent from my little Note2

Ah, okay thanks.

Handoffs between LTE and EVDO has been mixed for me. I take the same route on my way to class and back home 5 days a week and usually around the same times in the mornings and afternoons. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad.

Lately 3G has been pretty decent outside at least so from time to time I actually turn LTE off.

I think significant parts of the Upper West Side have lte but are unmapped on Sensorly. Anyone on the forums have an android device who can spend some time mapping there? I walked up Broadway from 66th to 76th with lte.

Also just received a brief period of lte on 50th and 7th this morning.

• Like 1

I think significant parts of the Upper West Side have lte but are unmapped on Sensorly. Anyone on the forums have an android device who can spend some time mapping there? I walked up Broadway from 66th to 76th with lte.

Also just received a brief period of lte on 50th and 7th this morning.

Will do I live in the area. Just came back from a business trip but I will map at some point this week when I get some time.

This is a really good indoor lte speed! Last Friday I noticed my connection stretched all of the way into my apartment. It used to only connect if I held my phone against the Window. :P An obvious improvement lol

These speeds are equal to verizons lte speeds. My mom has Verizon after she gave up on sprint 5 years ago. Sometimes sprint's faster! Anyway, very happy with the improvement.

http://db.tt/ovVDukK2

Indoors my mom gets 22 Mbps down and 14 up on Verizon LTE and on 3G she gets 2Mbps down but then .14Mbps up. Verizon's LTE seems to be offloading a lot of their 3G traffic.

Looks like Brooklyn is at least 60% done.

That's all? Wow.

That's all? Wow.

LTE. As for 3G upgrades, I would say around 85%

Anyone else have problems being connected to one signal on their phones? mine being on the same spot connects to different cell sites and it's draining my battery. Any solution?

Anyone else have problems being connected to one signal on their phones? mine being on the same spot connects to different cell sites and it's draining my battery. Any solution?

Turn data off and use wifi. ????

Turn data off and use wifi. ????

Doh!!! :coolbeans: Why didn't I think of that?