Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I'm looking at note 2's

Awesome phone.. Have one local guy that switched from iphone5 to the note2 and he says he gets LTE and other coverage in more places. Plus it does sensorly to boot!

Sent from my little Note2

Awesome phone.. Have one local guy that switched from iphone5 to the note2 and he says he gets LTE and other coverage in more places. Plus it does sensorly to boot!

Is the antenna really that much stronger?

Is the antenna really that much stronger?

Dunno, I only have the S3 and EVO LTE to compare it to. Hands down just about any phone leaves the EVO LTE in the dust. And I hear the gnex is worse.. Wow.. Mapped a 10 mile LTE signal a couple weekends ago. 5 mile city site today. I always pick up another city site about 7 miles away for a little bit.

Another thing that sucks is the iPhone PRL has 800smr at low priority instead of the same as PCS.

• Like 2

I'm currently sitting in Chicago airport traveling for business and man is sprint sweet. LTE all over the airport great signal speed 4mbs down with -105 and just made my first call on 800smr. Calls are super clear (may just be placebo cuz I'm kinda excited lol...I have an hour before I leave on my connected flight so and I intend to kill off my battery...lol can't wait for this to hit NYC...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

NYC will probably be like Chicago in late 2013 to early 2014.

For some reason I just don't get that excited when I see LTE on my phone anymore because almost everywhere I go, I have it. The feeling is not there anymore, but the speed is! I guess that's what counts.

For some reason I just don't get that excited when I see LTE on my phone anymore because almost everywhere I go, I have it. The feeling is not there anymore, but the speed is! I guess that's what counts.

I'm the exact opposite. Everywhere I go I have poor 3G. Hahaha Everywhere surrounding me, there is LTE. I am still excited to see LTE on my phone. That is when I happen to pass through those area's that have LTE.

I'm the exact opposite. Everywhere I go I have poor 3G. Hahaha Everywhere surrounding me, there is LTE. I am still excited to see LTE on my phone. That is when I happen to pass through those area's that have LTE.

When you lose LTE. That's when it gets really frustrating

I've noticed speeds dropping overtime now. What used to be 15+ Mbps download speeds are now around 2-6 in many areas. That's still very good speed and I'm not complaining. Just an observation of how the speeds would drop overtime as we already knew it would. I just didn't think it would happen this quickly. Maybe the speeds will pickup a bit once the gaps are filled.

I've noticed speeds dropping overtime now. What used to be 15+ Mbps download speeds are now around 2-6 in many areas. That's still very good speed and I'm not complaining. Just an observation of how the speeds would drop overtime as we already knew it would. I just didn't think it would happen this quickly. Maybe the speeds will pickup a bit once the gaps are filled.

How will that affect the speed once the gaps are filled? I think it's the same capacity.

How will that affect the speed once the gaps are filled? I think it's the same capacity.

My logic is that once there are more towers put up, there will be more sites to connect to. Therefore capacity at each tower will be less and the sites will be able to output higher speeds to devices.

As opposed to how it is now in many dense areas where there is only one LTE site in the middle and everyone is connecting to it.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

My logic is that once there are more towers put up, there will be more sites to connect to. Therefore capacity at each tower will be less and the sites will be able to output higher speeds to devices.

As opposed to how it is now in many dense areas where there is only one LTE site in the middle and everyone is connecting to it.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

NYC won't be an issue for that.

When you lose LTE. That's when it gets really frustrating

So True cause ur going from blazing fast connection to .5mbps speeds that don't load anything . We I see LTE on my phone I get excited because its just a great feeling to know that I can actually use my phone to it's full capabilities data wise I mean .

So True cause ur going from blazing fast connection to .5mbps speeds that don't load anything . We I see LTE on my phone I get excited because its just a great feeling to know that I can actually use my phone to it's full capabilities data wise I mean .

0.5mbps isn't bad. At least around my apartment on a normal non-game day. Pings are low and with that speed it's pretty decent. Lol

0.5mbps isn't bad. At least around my apartment on a normal non-game day. Pings are low and with that speed it's pretty decent. Lol

Yeah , I find that if the Pings are low then it doesn't matter if ur speed is 1.50mbps ur speeds will still seem low . I remember before my phone got snatched I was running speedtesf the pings were in ghe 500's & the up & down were like .50mbps but the speeds seem sooo slow it took forever to load .

Yeah , I find that if the Pings are low then it doesn't matter if ur speed is 1.50mbps ur speeds will still seem low . I remember before my phone got snatched I was running speedtesf the pings were in ghe 500's & the up & down were like .50mbps but the speeds seem sooo slow it took forever to load .

Quite the opposite. Low speeds like .5mbp and very low pings are better then 1.5 mbp and super high pings. ( at least for browsing)

I don't even think that is what makes nv complete. Prob after nv is done, that will be the next step

Nope, that's working in tandem. I was a cell site a few weeks back and saw the equipment already installed.