Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Do u live near the 878? I know they have some LTE there

What is 878 ? I live in Elmont Long Island New York , Elmont is like the boarder line between Queens & Long Island , im like 5-10mins away from the Cross Island

I noticed lte works are being done during the weekends and late nights. I was happy to see lte in my apartment last night but its gone few hours later. Max download speed was around 7mbps and average of around 3mbps. Not bad but hope it gets better.

I noticed lte works are being done during the weekends and late nights. I was happy to see lte in my apartment last night but its gone few hours later. Max download speed was around 7mbps and average of around 3mbps. Not bad but hope it gets better.

depending on where you live and the signal strength, that may be the best you get indoors.

It's pretty amazing all the progress that's been made in the last few weeks.

a5emumav.jpg

Hopefully Staten Island will get some love in the next weeks.

I noticed 4G up by the AMC Orpheum theater 86th and 3rd Ave.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Edited by EeZeEpEe

i love the comments lol. i do agree with some people saying its too late.... too slow to be lte speed....... other countries have lte all over the place including subway, tunnels etc etc.

He was in Hong Kong, which is super tiny compared to the whole United States! I'm sure that a carrier could cover New York City inside and out had it only had to worry about the city!

• Like 1

i love the comments lol. i do agree with some people saying its too late.... too slow to be lte speed....... other countries have lte all over the place including subway, tunnels etc etc.

I'm glad there is no cell service in the subways. One last place to put our cell phones away for a bit.

I thought the exact same thing few weeks ago when I tested LTE and it was slow. But two days ago, I was in Flushing on Bowne St and Roosevelt Ave, I got 25mbps dl and 4.3mbps upload. With only three towers nearby on LTE, that is awesome speed. Yes, not 50-60 like some people from AT&T or Verizon, but they aren't that fast in NYC either. Those speeds are from people who live in small towns in middle of no where. I'm satisfied with Sprint and what they have done. now just need the towers in wall street to light up...

Engadget is full of trolls. I'm well aware that the theoretical peak download speeds of both ATT and Verizon are both higher than Sprint, but right now every Verizon phone I've checked in their stores are averaging between 6 and 8 mbps down. It's not fair to judge a network that hasn't launched. The only place where you can get a close to accurate gauge of coverage and speed is Chicago, because it's over 80% complete.

I'm glad there is no cell service in the subways. One last place to put our cell phones away for a bit.

I thought the exact same thing few weeks ago when I tested LTE and it was slow. But two days ago, I was in Flushing on Bowne St and Roosevelt Ave, I got 25mbps dl and 4.3mbps upload. With only three towers nearby on LTE, that is awesome speed. Yes, not 50-60 like some people from AT&T or Verizon, but they aren't that fast in NYC either. Those speeds are from people who live in small towns in middle of no where. I'm satisfied with Sprint and what they have done. now just need the towers in wall street to light up...

two days ago, they turned on a lte tower near roosevelt and parsons blvd and turned it back off at late night. i do not know why they turned it off but i think the tower faces more west than east since i did not get very strong lte signal at my apartment.

My cousins iPhone 5 on AT&T gets 50+ consistently in the Bronx and Manhattan. Indoors as well sometimes.

Realistically how fast do phones really need to be? I s**t bricks whenever I go past 15mbps. I think after a consistent 10mbps you can't really tell the difference. Maybe if you jump to 30-ish but slightly.

Does anyone know what Sprint means when they say data capacity is increased? Does that mean more panels or something else? Looking at some towers that are located, some are only facing one side of the building and some buildings have 360 degrees coverage. Would more panels on the side of building help coverage on that side compared to just a few panels? Does this all make sense?

My cousins iPhone 5 on AT&T gets 50+ consistently in the Bronx and Manhattan. Indoors as well sometimes.

Realistically how fast do phones really need to be? I s**t bricks whenever I go past 15mbps. I think after a consistent 10mbps you can't really tell the difference. Maybe if you jump to 30-ish but slightly.

Wow consistently 50+!? I'm surprised. I would be perfectly happy with the a consistent upper advertised range. I just want to be able to stream HD videos without buffering and being able to upload HD videos no problem.

Edited by EeZeEpEe
  • Like 1

Wow consistently 50+!? I'm surprised. I would be perfectly happy with the a consistent upper advertised range. I just want to be able to stream HD videos without buffering and being able to upload HD videos no problem.

exactly my point. i dont need 50mbps speeds. i would rather have 10mbps with 30ms ping with very good coverage indoor and outdoor.

exactly my point. i dont need 50mbps speeds. i would rather have 10mbps with 30ms ping with very good coverage indoor and outdoor.

Yes indoor and outdoor too! I have some friends in the Dallas/Fortworth area. They ended up switching to AT&T because Sprint LTE just wasn't strong enough indoors and he really couldn't wait any longer for the coverage to improve. He knew AT&T was stronger cause he had an iPad with AT&T LTE service to compare.

I know, blew my mind. I'm pretty sure 6-10mbps will suffice for my needs. Not much of the "Netflix on the go" kinda person. It would be nice to lookup a YouTube video every now and then with no buffering.

Overall, Sprint is doing their thing and I'm pretty sure it'll redeem itself by the end of the year.

a little off topic but how much do you guys pay for your sprint phone service a month? we have 4 smartphones and it rings up to $245 after tax. i think it has gone up after we upgraded last December and I was wondering if there is any expert ways to drive it down a little bit?

a little off topic but how much do you guys pay for your sprint phone service a month? we have 4 smartphones and it rings up to $245 after tax. i think it has gone up after we upgraded last December and I was wondering if there is any expert ways to drive it down a little bit?

I pay $77 for one line i get a college discount!!