Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I believe I did that, but I'll re-install it and give it a go. Can you do me a favor and get me a zoomed screenshot of the completed towers in the Rye / Port Chester area (no, I'm not a sponsor, sorry)? I can't stop in the middle of the highway, and I'm not exactly sure where that was as I was on my way home.

I believe I did that' date=' but I'll re-install it and give it a go. Can you do me a favor and get me a zoomed screenshot of the completed towers in the Rye / Port Chester area (no, I'm not a sponsor, sorry)? I can't stop in the middle of the highway, and I'm not exactly sure where that was as I was on my way home.[/quote']

I'm sorry. I cannot do that. Our other Sponsors would not appreciate that.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 3

Sprint is moving very slow. This is very frustrating. In certain areas in the Bronx you have LTE in other area you don't. What's the hold up.? Smh

Sprint is not actually doing the work. They hired AlcatelLucent, who then has hired sub-contractors to do the actual work. There are many reasons that work could have started late in your market, and I know it's going slow, but with time and patient, you will see results soon. AlcatelLucent has been further behind in Network Vision work in general as well.

• Like 2

Sprint is moving very slow. This is very frustrating. In certain areas in the Bronx you have LTE in other area you don't. What's the hold up.? Smh

The holdup is that they are working on over 100 other cities at the same time so it's gonna take some time, especially with the number of sites there are in New York.

Sprint is not actually doing the work. They hired AlcatelLucent, who then has hired sub-contractors to do the actual work. There are many reasons that work could have started late in your market, and I know it's going slow, but with time and patient, you will see results soon. AlcatelLucent has been further behind in Network Vision work in general as well.

They need to hurry up with NYC they told me before 2013 we should have LTE in NYC .

• Like 1

They need to hurry up with NYC they told me before 2013 we should have LTE in NYC .

What customer service tells you may not be true. Some reps tell you something they just made up. Sprint told me that WiMax would come to my small town just outside of Las Vegas, and it never did. What you find on this site and even now on Sensorly is more accurate than what you could ever get out of Sprint customer service.

What customer service tells you may not be true. Some reps tell you something they just made up. Sprint told me that WiMax would come to my small town just outside of Las Vegas, and it never did. What you find on this site and even now on Sensorly is more accurate than what you could ever get out of Sprint customer service.

What they have on Network.sprint.com never updates its always the same

What they have on Network.sprint.com never updates its always the same

network.sprint.com was put in place to show customers the upgrades they are doing to help the legacy network function until Network Vision would be complete. Whether they use it for Network Vision later down the road or not, no one knows yet, is up to them. However, it has a 12 month rolling window of time, past 6 months and next 6 months, so there are some things that appear to never leave the list.

• Like 1

network.sprint.com was put in place to show customers the upgrades they are doing to help the legacy network function until Network Vision would be complete. Whether they use it for Network Vision later down the road or not, no one knows yet, is up to them. However, it has a 12 month rolling window of time, past 6 months and next 6 months, so there are some things that appear to never leave the list.

Yup that's true

There is no hold up. Work has has occurred at over one hundred sites in the the boroughs and Westchester. Things are progressing nicely. The one live site in the Bronx is probably because of a site left on by a tech after testing. Not because it is the only site converted in the metro.

You will see more and more testing signals in the next week or two pop up all over the place. Some may be temporary and go away. Some may stay on permanently. However, it will not be too long before Sprint prelaunches portions of the market or maybe even most of it.

Prelaunch will not provide 100% coverage, but it will allow customers to connect to all the completed LTE sites to date.

• Like 2

LTE showing up on 174th and Hoe Ave.

And someone already logged it on Sensorly too. Awesome.

• Like 1

I was up their today it would show LTE on my iphone with 2 bars of signal but then go back to 3G it wouldn't stay on LTE

it was consistent on my galaxy. I stayed on Hoe ave for 30 mins testing LTE. My speeds wasn't as fast as Bruke Ave. I got 10 down and 3 up. It was consistent. Edited by Aprilgrl920
  • Like 1

I went to Hoe avenue today to test LTE and it was very spotty. I was excited to see the 4g icon, but I couldn't even finish a speed test. It would start at LTE and finish the speed test in 3G. It's not ready for prime time, but hopefully it's a sign of what's to come.

For reference: I'm on a Galaxy S3 running JellyBomb 4.3 Jellybean leak.