Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

When I had the EVO 4G and Epic 4G Touch there was huge difference in speed and strength between being by a window and 15 feet away from it inside my apartment. Lots of people complained of WiMAX's lack of indoor penetration.

That being said, just realized 3G is on the same 1900 band so lack of towers is more likely the answer.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

So will LTE eventually work inside on a decent signal or how can it improve if there is already a good signal outside.

Ok I get it sortve. Is there a way to force LTE on?

Down tilt, density, and closeness of signal. In extreme urban areas like NYC, cell sites are configured for maximum density and as such are usually made to cover only a few blocks to maximize capacity. Right now, their down tilts are at a minimum to provide maximum coverage which sacrifices in building penetration. Reception indoors should get better as more towers come online and down tilt is adjusted from maximum coverage to providing maximum capacity within a small area.

I don't think LTE will work inside your house even if u had a strong signal. I get LTE a very strong signal outside on my steps, but as soon as I walk in my house, the signal is nonexistent.

That happens sometimes cause when im outside my front door I get almost a full 5 bars as soon as i step inside it drops to 2-3bars & connections , where as when im outside the connect is better than usual . Sometimes it'll just be ur house the walls & stuff like that .

That happens sometimes cause when im outside my front door I get almost a full 5 bars as soon as i step inside it drops to 2-3bars & connections , where as when im outside the connect is better than usual . Sometimes it'll just be ur house the walls & stuff like that .

But I lose it completely when I go inside so that's why I think it has nothing to do with towers

Anyway to force LTE? I know we both have iPhones and if someone Would know, it prob would be u

Lmao thanks for thinking that , but idk bout forcing LTE , if I knew how to do that then I'd be connecting to the LTE tower that is a mile & a half from my home . If only .

Edited by IsaiahL

It's weird because when my phone is on standby its on 4g. When I remove it from the docking station it goes back to 3g. Sometimes it back to 4G I run a speed test and get 5mbps down and it hangs on the upload.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

It's weird because when my phone is on standby its on 4g. When I remove it from the docking station it goes back to 3g. Sometimes it back to 4G I run a speed test and get 5mbps down and it hangs on the upload.

Well that's maybe because your phone uses more power to connect to 4G when it's plugged but designed to use less power when disconnected to save battery, That's why when you go on a call it uses more battery to maintain the call. That's why you get more bars while on a call vs not in a call.

--

Chris

Well that's maybe because your phone uses more power to connect to 4G when it's plugged but designed to use less power when disconnected to save battery, That's why when you go on a call it uses more battery to maintain the call. That's why you get more bars while on a call vs not in a call.

--

Chris

I get the same amount of bars. I'm thinking sprint is still working on the network. I can look out my Window and see Sprint Towers. I had solid 4G before just don't understand why I'm connected to 4G and 5 mins later back to 3G

I get the same amount of bars. I'm thinking sprint is still working on the network. I can look out my Window and see Sprint Towers. I had solid 4G before just don't understand why I'm connected to 4G and 5 mins later back to 3G

It has something to do with being inside apparently even if u have full 5 bars right next to you 10 feet away outside

Isn't it also because of the relatively high frequency of 1900? Not as bad as WiMAX 2500.

Nope, once all the towers have LTE broadcasting, it will almost be a 1:1 coverage between EVDO and LTE.

Nope, once all the towers have LTE broadcasting, it will almost be a 1:1 coverage between EVDO and LTE.

Yeah that's why I kind of corrected myself because I added that it's the same band as 3G, EVDO. Just gotta be super patient until that day. Luckily I use Wi-Fi in the places I'm most often at.

No prob, u seem very knowledgeable. I kinda wish I had a galaxy now, only to map sensorly. It's crazy in Brooklyn how many places that have LTE that are not on the map.

Yeah thats one I give to the Android software FREEDOM , but imma stick with Apple , imma ride or die fanboy , but when iOS 7 well see what happens hopefully developers will have some freedom . & thanks for the complement I appreciate that

Edited by IsaiahL

I would be sad if I lived in Staten Island. Every borough is moving along with LTE but theirs.

Yeah I don't really get why Staten Island hasn't gotten LTE yet , ohhh wait Hurricane Sandy , there probably still doing clean up & stuff like that over in that area .

Yeah thats one I give to the Android software FREEDOM , but imma stick with Apple , imma ride or die fanboy , but when iOS 7 well see what happens hopefully developers will have some freedom . & thanks for the complement I appreciate that

If u want instant freedom, u can just jailbreak. There are a lot of tweaks which really can customize iOS a lot better.

If u want instant freedom, u can just jailbreak. There are a lot of tweaks which really can customize iOS a lot better.

I know that much , but I don't want to Jailbreak , I lose my warranty for one , & im waiting for iOS 7 which is set for a summer release with the iPhone 5S

I know that much , but I don't want to Jailbreak , I lose my warranty for one , & im waiting for iOS 7 which is set for a summer release with the iPhone 5S

You can easily restore if something does happen. As for iOS 7, we will see what they update. iOS has plenty of potential.

You can easily restore if something does happen. As for iOS 7, we will see what they update. iOS has plenty of potential.

Yupp , thats why im waiting if they disappoint with iOS 7 then im definitely gonna Jailbreak & that's my plan .

Sounds like a plan. How was ur trip upstate?

Still there , went Snowboarding , fell a couple of times lmao , my butt hurts , the service up here is nothing but 3G & 2G more 2G than expected but when i connect to the 3G it's faster than what I get at home , I'd say Sprint service up here is good when you have it , so basically they just need to add more towers & improve the calling quality .