Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I didn't go to Burke avenue, but I did pass Kingsbridge and Jerome avenue where one person said he briefly saw a flicker of LTE. No dice for me though. My signal overall has been weak in general. Hopefully it's not because I'm on a custom rom. The modem within this rom was fine before.

Alright....I finally was able to swing by White plains road and do some testing...its confirmed! Its here and kicking ass...and for the non believers here is some eye candy. Also aggregated to sensory, so you guys will notice a bit more confirmed coverage in that general area..I was able to hold a solid 4G signal from white plains rd and magenta st till about arnow ave...Keep it coming Sprint!!

Screenshot_2012-10-07-07-33-38.pngScreenshot_2012-10-07-07-42-13.pngScreenshot_2012-10-07-07-46-00.pngScreenshot_2012-10-07-07-31-47.png

Edited by nexgencpu
  • Like 7

Alright....I finally was able to swing by White plains road and do some testing...its confirmed! Its here and kicking ass...and for the non believers here is some eye candy. Also aggregated to sensory, so you guys will notice a bit more confirmed coverage in that general area..I was able to hold a solid 4G signal from white plains rd and magenta st till about arnow ave...Keep it coming Sprint!!

Screenshot_2012-10-07-07-33-38.pngScreenshot_2012-10-07-07-42-13.pngScreenshot_2012-10-07-07-46-00.pngScreenshot_2012-10-07-07-31-47.png

Is quick!! They should just turn on all there LTE towers ready in the city! Or maybe they have those on for testing

Thanks for the update. Also, thanks for sharing. This is awesome news as it gives all of us NYers hope.

• Like 2

I'm about to go over to the site to test out my iphone 5 on it ! I can't wait to see more sites lighting up

If you become a S4GRU Sponsor you can see the weekly updated sites complete maps. It shows the sites Sprint has signed off as complete from the week before on Interactive Google Maps. For more info about becoming a Sponsor: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Robert

Verizon LTE when it first arrived was around 17Mbps. My friend who own an iPhone 5 now gets around 5mbps on his iPhone 5 and when the network is unloaded he gets 30Mbps.

Edited by Paynefanbro
  • Like 2

Just got 4G on 287 heading toward 95 between Rye and Port Chester (stuck in traffic). Speed test showed 18 down' date=' 5 up.[/quote']

Yes, please run the Sensorly app when you get a chance. It will log the coverage on a Google map so we can track the coverage. Thanks in advance.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

I have a screenshot' date=' but I uninstalled sensorly this morning, my battery life has been horrendous since the day I installed it.[/quote']

You need to adjust the settings to only run when you want it to. I do not let Sensorly run on its own on my phone.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner