Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I've been using the SpeedSmart app to test network speeds around NYC and LI. It shows the national average for Sprint and then my average speed. It's crazy how different they are. The network here is solid. 72605217db27a2db4e5c19c9ff22ac65.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Something really interesting just happened north of 170th st. EARFCN just got pushed up from 41078/41276 to 41292/41490. This could signal the deployment of a third carrier finally coming.

This would be huge considering this affects everything north of 170th street (in the Bronx, Manhattan, Yonkers, Scarsdale etc) are currently limited to just two B41 carriers.

So be on the lookout for the third carrier north of 170th st.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

Something really interesting just happened north of 170th st. EARFCN just got pushed up from 41078/41276 to 41292/41490. This could signal the deployment of a third carrier finally coming.

This would be huge considering this affects everything north of 170th street (in the Bronx, Manhattan, Yonkers, Scarsdale etc) are currently limited to just two B41 carriers.

So be on the lookout for the third carrier north of 170th st.

Yes, they also push to 41094, 41292, 41490 in Lower Manhattan too.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/24/2019 at 2:13 PM, nexgencpu said:

Most likey lack of 2xCA/64QAM

Perhaps it will be supported in the next iPhone?

EDIT: Isn’t it supported here?

Intel XMM7560 Modem Specs: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/mobile-communications/xmm-7560-brief.html

Carrier Aggregation LTE FDD/TDD/Hybrid DL 5CA UL 2CA
Modulation LTE UL-64QAM; DL-256QAM
4x4 MIMO
Edited by RedSpark
Added question

26 minutes ago, Palan said:

Well I switched to T-Mobile last month and do not regret it at all. Getting insane speeds. Hopefully the merger goes through and sprint and T-Mobile combine there assets to make a great network. 

I find tmobile is mostly slower where I visit most, and worst yet can barely make a call in my building. 

6 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

I find tmobile is mostly slower where I visit most, and worst yet can barely make a call in my building. 

Everyone’s experience will differ just based on where they frequent. For me T Mobile has been better with speed and coverage by a lot.

Just now, Palan said:

Everyone’s experience will differ just based on where they frequent. For me T Mobile has been better with speed and coverage by a lot.

My sister just switched to Tmobile, its faster at her job. But awful at home. Massive variation depending on location.

3 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

My sister just switched to Tmobile, its faster at her job. But awful at home. Massive variation depending on location.

In my apartment all carries are not great due to the thick brick walls. Not a big deal as I have WiFi of course/ WiFi calling.

So I'm having an interesting problem in Inwood. I get off the train and my phone suddenly goes to the date of 2/23/18 at 10am. I turn off network time and set it right since WhatsApp wouldn't work due to the date time error. Turned network time back on and back to 2/23/18. Restart, same thing. So I'm off network time right now. Anyone else experiencing a similar issue? Good thing I discovered this before I went to bed and relied on alarms set by day of week. 

2 hours ago, jaybiz81 said:

So I'm having an interesting problem in Inwood. I get off the train and my phone suddenly goes to the date of 2/23/18 at 10am. I turn off network time and set it right since WhatsApp wouldn't work due to the date time error. Turned network time back on and back to 2/23/18. Restart, same thing. So I'm off network time right now. Anyone else experiencing a similar issue? Good thing I discovered this before I went to bed and relied on alarms set by day of week. 

It happens on occasion, usually with roaming or some configuration change. Report it using the my Sprint app. They will fix it.

1 hour ago, mirskyc said:

Anyone able to figure out where this site is located?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

554 Fashion Ave, 

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7546514,-73.9880336,3a,52y,274.66h,122.77t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sR03uvid2KQfTmbyT2KA0sQ!2e0!5s20180801T000000!7i16384!8i8192

Building left side of McDonald.

• Like 3

Here is the picture of M-MIMO just been added and function, this site was Samsung Clearwire before it got replace by 8T8R Antenna build only lasted for a month before Nokia M-MIMO added. Location East Broadway and Catherine Street Building.

20190315_132604.jpg

• Like 5

On 3/15/2019 at 1:33 PM, RaigekiNYC said:

Here is the picture of M-MIMO just been added and function, this site was Samsung Clearwire before it got replace by 8T8R Antenna build only lasted for a month before Nokia M-MIMO added. Location East Broadway and Catherine Street Building.

20190315_132604.jpg

Wow. Why did they bother doing the 8T8R replacement if it was only going to be there for a month?

I hope that 8T8R gear has been repurposed for another site?

38 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Wow. Why did they bother doing the 8T8R replacement if it was only going to be there for a month?

I hope that 8T8R gear has been repurposed for another site?

Front page article says Clearwire conversions are happening. It's likely that it'll be repurposed for one of the hundreds of Clearwire sites we have in the NYC market.

11 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

Front page article says Clearwire conversions are happening. It's likely that it'll be repurposed for one of the hundreds of Clearwire sites we have in the NYC market.

Yes, but why did they bother installing the 8T8R at this site in the first place if it wound up only being there a month before swapping it for Massive MIMO equipment?

I’d imagine they had to go through two permit processes with the time and associated costs?