Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Added note for MUMIMO from my home tower, band 41 now have stronger signal than band 25, MUMIMO is the best thing it can be without HPUE, using samsung galaxy s7 edge.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RaigekiNYC said:

Added note for MUMIMO from my home tower, band 41 now have stronger signal than band 25, MUMIMO is the best thing it can be without HPUE, using samsung galaxy s7 edge.

It's M-MIMO btw. 

MUMIMO means something completely different (multi-user MIMO). 

• Like 1

So far M-MIMO have been great now, 121 down and 7 up at -98 RSRP band 41 vs 25 down and 1 up on -116 RSRP few month back at 4 AM. M-MIMO help me a ton, living deep inside apartment with layers of brick wall in front and 75 degree angle toward the antenna.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

Check out this upload in Middle Village Queens. Oh yeah the download isn't half bad either. It peaked at 24Mbps during the test. 

xCSelAo.jpg?1

What kind of site was this? Clear or ALU? Beware, the updated SCP has some issues with differentiating between them..

6 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

What kind of site was this? Clear or ALU? Beware, the updated SCP has some issues with differentiating between them..

Pretty sure its ALU. It has had 3CA CA before Clear site started to get it. SCP has also said Sprint b41 for the past 2 years for this site

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Found first M-MIMO in the Bronx! By Bronx terminal mall. Speeds and coverage indoors went from okish (4-10mb) to this...

http://imgur.com/gallery/6yOw6Dk

And signal was considerbly lower and dirtier on previous Clear equipment.

M-MIMO is the real deal folks!

And thats with only 2xCA. incredible speeds for mid day usage. 

6 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

And thats with only 2xCA. incredible speeds for mid day usage. 

It's 3xCA. Anything north of 169th St is 2XCA this is on 150th St.

Very curious to see how it would perform with 2xCA, it's sorely needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Look like my home tower malfunction, it won't register to the tower and suddenly no phone service at all, and then back online but no data. Yesterday ran speed test it only 60 down and 6 up on 3xCA, woke up today with no service. Data only work for 30 seconds before it went no data.

Edit: Now it back online, probably it went under maintaince for like 2 hours, from 4:30 AM to 6:30 AM

2 minutes ago, enyce9 said:

What the heck is this? Never seen this before...677eb503991c22964eb8113c810a125c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

That is TMobile roaming. No worries about going over since it's completely uncapped. 

How are the speeds compared to what you have seen before in that area?

10 minutes ago, enyce9 said:

Both signal check and speed test are saying I'm connected to sprint and or clearwirefb668a084b1ea2c915b67c1aba51f95c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yup! Sprint reused Clear PLMN to give TMobile roaming higher priority. If you notice next to LTE on the notification bar there is a small "R" and SCP sees it as Clearwire B4 (basically that's the PCC your connecting too on TMobile) 

Also, you see it as Sprint because all roaming is going through Sprint's back end that's why the ping times are affected adversely.

Btw, nice speeds!

That Clear site near my office that always goes out has been off since November 11th. I'm starting to think they just gave up and are just relying on surround sites to cover the area. 

I have a question, does M-MIMO required to be next to 8x8 Antenna or can it be by itself? If it can by itself that mean, the M-MIMO on the Chase Bank Building at Water Street and Maiden Ln. is broadcasting with different GCI and removed the 8x8 Antenna. The GCI currently act like 3 sector Mini Macro GCI, MM, MM^2 and Sprint 41^3 on SignalCheck Pro, speed is 120 down and 8 up at 2:40 PM.