Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

2 minutes ago, ingenium said:

Hopefully. It's odd that they're still using the Clear PLMN and GCI base though if that's the case. I wonder if they just swapped out part of the equipment rather than a full replacement. I guess we'll have to wait for pictures to find out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Only antenna based on google map image from Sept 2017 https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7164127,-73.9956863,3a,15y,315.12h,113.06t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s8bPjrSWY4-ZCoaOBr7lQWA!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo3.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3D8bPjrSWY4-ZCoaOBr7lQWA%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D293.9122%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i16384!8i8192

6 hours ago, RaigekiNYC said:

I will get picture next time while I have day off on every Friday.

Here we go. I remembered something from way back.

dqAZ69M.png

So a high capacity Clear samsung setup where they're able to add another carrier(s) by cutting the RF chain from 4T4R to 2T2R + 2T2R. Same methodology used to add a 4th/5th/6th carrier for 8T8R equipment (8T8R --> 4T4R + 4T4R). 

11 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

dqAZ69M.png

So a high capacity Clear samsung setup where they're able to add another carrier(s) by cutting the RF chain from 4T4R to 2T2R + 2T2R. Same methodology used to add a 4th/5th/6th carrier for 8T8R equipment (8T8R --> 4T4R + 4T4R). 

When I look at it before when I found this one out, it still the same equipment as before, they probably do this method.

1 hour ago, lilotimz said:

dqAZ69M.png

So Samsung Clear equipment can do 4CA using a 2T2R setup?

It was just for a split second, as I noticed my network acting wonky last night. The main tower I connect to was upgraded to a 10x10 band 25 configuration, last night. it's not optimized to still as I have the problem connecting as it will drop to band 26 and stay there or band 41.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, transitwatch889 said:

It was just for a split second, as I noticed my network acting wonky last night. The main tower I connect to was upgraded to a 10x10 band 25 configuration, last night. it's not optimized to still as I have the problem connecting as it will drop to band 26 and stay there or band 41.

Located where?

4 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Located where?

West Bronx. Kingsbridge, Marble Hill area. Other towers got the 5ghz second carrier a while ago. The main tower I personally receive never did. So a happy surprise this morning to see the 10x10!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, transitwatch889 said:

West Bronx. Kingsbridge, Marble Hill area. Other towers got the 5ghz second carrier a while ago. The main tower I personally receive never did. So a happy surprise this morning to see the 10x10!

We could use it since we have yet to see the third b41 carrier deployed in the Bronx north of 167th street.

10x10 is popping up all over NY. I picked it up in Syracuse market. I also picked it up at Ramapo Travel Plaza in Sloatsburg NY which is the NYC market. I have yet to see it in Manhattan though. I have also seen it pop up more in Long Island and I even spotted a new B41 site on LI.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

10x10 is popping up all over NY. I picked it up in Syracuse market. I also picked it up at Ramapo Travel Plaza in Sloatsburg NY which is the NYC market. I have yet to see it in Manhattan though. I have also seen it pop up more in Long Island and I even spotted a new B41 site on LI.

I just checked Manhattan over the weekend. Nothing yet, but the addition of 3rd carrier to Clear sites sounds like fun.

• Like 1

So that network wonkiness I noted the other day was them turning on Mini Marco site a lil further away. Was able to latch onto the signal for a bit this morning. 

1 hour ago, transitwatch889 said:

So that network wonkiness I noted the other day was them turning on Mini Marco site a lil further away. Was able to latch onto the signal for a bit this morning. 

Maybe a new small cell? Try to post Signal check screen shot when you get a chance.

58 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Maybe a new small cell? Try to post Signal check screen shot when you get a chance.

When I'm back home! Will do!

• Like 1

So I'm up and Westchester now and they've also increase the carrier size to a 10 x 10 band 25 for my work location

• Like 3

7 hours ago, transitwatch889 said:

So I'm up and Westchester now and they've also increase the carrier size to a 10 x 10 band 25 for my work location

seems like they are doing the all parts of the NYC market minus NYC itself. Keep in mind the NYC market includes Westchester and up north to New Paltz. Even Long Island is getting this update. Manhattan and the suburbs must be low priority since B41 is so dense. The 10x10 really helps with magic boxes in area where there is no B41

47 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

seems like they are doing the all parts of the NYC market minus NYC itself. Keep in mind the NYC market includes Westchester and up north to New Paltz. Even Long Island is getting this update. Manhattan and the suburbs must be low priority since B41 is so dense. The 10x10 really helps with magic boxes in area where there is no B41

He did mention it being live in the Bronx. In fact, he mentioned marble hill which happens to border northern Manhattan.

• Like 1

I'm back in NYC and I don't know what changed but one of the small cells that I complained about being slow near my home is now chugging along at 32Mbps. Pings are still around 60ms and it's still only broadcasting a single Band 41 carrier so I don't think backhaul changed. Maybe the donor site got upgraded.

• 2 weeks later...

Got lucky today and met an awesome guy at a Sprint store who let me take a glance at glance lol, and was able to confirm that a bunch of the small cells deployed post clearwire conversion, are indeed UE relay fead.

The detail offered in Glance is quite impressive!

• Like 4