Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I don't want the NYC thread to go on a tangent about complaining about networks that have not been launched. I personally think it is silly, but it is derailing the intent of this thread.

April, call Sprint as much as you want to. We cannot take that away from you. But I want this thread to talk about new sites and areas deploying and even outages. But not complaints and rants. Feel free to tell us where a site has stopped operating. And tell us when it comes back on. This is happening at sites all over the country in unlaunched areas. Our members appreciate hearing the latest going on in everyone's neighborhoods.

However, complaining about Sprint right in the middle of active deployment is wasted energy. And posting about it negatively flirts with the line of violating our posting guidelines. Other carriers do not have this problem, because other carriers don't allow us to use their LTE networks early as each site completes.

If Sprint was deploying like AT&T or Verizon you wouldn't be using LTE anywhere in NYC at the moment. They would wait until the whole area was complete. There are advantages and disadvantages to using sites early. But personally, I think it's better for customers to be able to use LTE any time it is available. And for you April right now, it is not available. And probably will be soon.

I would appreciate if everyone gets back on topic now. Thanks.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 7

I have a right to complain. You're not not paying my bill. I'm paying for a service. If u choose to accept slow speeds that's fine. Don't tell me what I should accept

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

If you're paying for the service then you are choosing to accept the speeds that you are receiving.

Back to the point of this thread. Its pretty amazing how much of the Bronx is shown covered in Sensorly despite there being only about 2 dozen LTE sites there. I can't wait to see what the map will look like once full launched.

How far does 1 LTE tower stretch to?
there is no clear answer to that question. It depends a lot on the geography around the tower and the angle at which the panels are mounted, I would imagine that if you are in Brooklyn that towers will not cover as large of a block of area as a tower in a more rural area due to the population density of your area (more users on the tower) and geography (lots of buildings).

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Its pretty amazing how much of the Bronx is shown covered in Sensorly despite there being only about 2 dozen LTE sites there. I can't wait to see what the map will look like once full launched.

The signal isn't very reliable, any obstruction will cause you to lose 4G providing a fairly spotty experience. I expect it to look like the 3G map ;-)

The signal isn't very reliable, any obstruction will cause you to lose 4G providing a fairly spotty experience. I expect it to look like the 3G map ;-)

In fully deployed areas, Sprint LTE performs very well. Indoors and out. However, in early deployments scenarios, only every other, or every third site is converted and operating making for much thinner coverage. As site density matures with deployment, the signal will get stronger and the speeds will get faster, and the better the signal will penetrate buildings, etc.

Robert

finally getting my galaxy note 2 today. was going to wait for LG optimus G 2 or galaxy s4, but couldnt use my galaxy s any longer. i will try to go around parts of queens and see any place has LTE lit up.

finally getting my galaxy note 2 today. was going to wait for LG optimus G 2 or galaxy s4, but couldnt use my galaxy s any longer. i will try to go around parts of queens and see any place has LTE lit up.

See if there is lte around jamaica

Why does it look like the signal is so weak in a lot of places? Any ideas?

Horrible site density. The phone is catching the signal but often times it is super far away from the tower. Then you get the pale purple instead of deep purple.

Like I said before I am paying for a service now move on.

Enough! April, you have already been warned once. Continue, and you will find yourself on an unpaid vacation away from S4GRU.

You chose to be an early adopter of a service that has not yet launched. No one forced you. In doing so, you do not give up your "right" to complain, but your complaints should fall on deaf ears since you chose this situation for yourself.

Regardless, S4GRU is NOT a complaint board. Further complaints will be deleted, and you will be subject to disciplinary action.

Got it?

AJ

• Like 5

Like I said before I am paying for a service now move on.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Look at it this way. Lets say their was a new cell company that started in a few states and NYC was up and coming in a few months and lets say that texting was available for NYC and voice calls were coming soon to NY and u made phone calls for free and they officially didn't announce that you could and u made free calls. It's just a benefit. You can't call them and say my voice service is cutting in and out. You are paying for data now with sprint and when it becomes officially available u can rant all u want, but not here.

Horrible site density. The phone is catching the signal but often times it is super far away from the tower. Then you get the pale purple instead of deep purple.

Is NYC going to look like this on sprint when completed? I sure hope not. If this is 10x10 on Verizon, I can't imagine Verizon has a lot of happy NYC subscribers

New posting here but I've been following for a while.

Verizon's LTE is very widespread. My sister's iPhone 5 from them has a consistent 5 bars and slowest speed I've seen was about 15mbps down and 4 up (deep indoors. Darn their delicious 850 >.>) which is impressive.

My cousin has AT&T and I'm shocked at his speeds. From his job he got 58mbps down and I think about 10 up which is mind blowing. Also a solid 5 bars in most places.

On the other hand, I've gotten solid speeds on Sprint. Well into the 20+ down in several places in Bronx and I think thats more than enough in terms of speed. Any faster and I wont know what to do with it. If these are the speeds with only a few towers up, then I'm confident it'll be great in the near future.

I'm always looking up and spotting towers but can't figure out if they're Sprint or not (Viewed the sprint RRU spotting thread a while ago but I can't get that close to see xD). Even so it's been a little over a month and I think Sprint is making decent progress.

Unfortunately I can't map using sensorly as I have an iPhone (looked that up in this forum to double check).

But umm... Hi :-)

Edited by NaNa_Ch!LL
  • Like 1

New posting here but I've been following for a while.

Verizon's LTE is very widespread. My sister's iPhone 5 from them has a consistent 5 bars and slowest speed I've seen was about 15mbps down and 4 up (deep indoors. Darn their delicious 850 >.>) which is impressive.

My cousin has AT&T and I'm shocked at his speeds. From his job he got 58mbps down and I think about 10 up which is mind blowing. Also a solid 5 bars in most places.

On the other hand, I've gotten solid speeds on Sprint. Well into the 20+ down in several places in Bronx and I think thats more than enough in terms of speed. Any faster and I wont know what to do with it. If these are the speeds with only a few towers up, then I'm confident it'll be great in the near future.

I'm always looking up and spotting towers but can't figure out if they're Sprint or not (Viewed the sprint RRU spotting thread a while ago but I can't get that close to see xD). Even so it's been a little over a month and I think Sprint is making decent progress.

Unfortunately I can't map using sensorly as I have an iPhone (looked that up in this forum to double check).

But umm... Hi :-)

Welcome to the forums! Keep an eye out for new spots of LTE and we'll send out someone with a real phone.. ah hmmm.. I mean android phone to map it!

• Like 2

Welcome to the forums! Keep an eye out for new spots of LTE and we'll send out someone with a real phone.. ah hmmm.. I mean android phone to map it!

Haha! I see what you did there sir!

And thank you!

Edited by NaNa_Ch!LL