Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

So we have at least confirmation that it's actually being deployed here! Before, all we had were permits.

That was my exact sentiment considering I already have access to B41 through a clear site that is only about 100ft from this site. But at least now we know NYC is getting the 8t8r treatment now!

Did you just happen to look up one day and it appeared or have you been on the lookout for it?

I constantly keep on the look out especially this tower. Last time I checked this location was probably about 2 weeks ago. So the upgrade is fairly recent.

Found a little surprise on my home tower!!!!!

2014-09-21%2017.51.31.jpg

I was going to joke about whether they installed the "8t8r" sign as well, but now that I think about it, that could be a cool, localized marketing campaign... make Sprint equipment or antennas visibly identifiable to the general public, throw in some signs highlighting a technical aspect of the new network, then hand a Sprint phone to folks on the street and interview them as they experience benefits of the highlighted technology.

Say, paint the antenna yellow, put on a banner/neon sign next to it that says "Sprint 8 Transmit 8 Receive Radio" or "Sprint HD Voice", etc. and interview folks as they tether a 4k video stream.

• Like 2

Found a little surprise on my home tower!!!!!

2014-09-21%2017.51.31.jpg

That's an interesting site design. Single row with two Sprint NV panels (can tell by the RRU), and one 8T8R next to it.

What's the address of that site, if you don't mind sharing?

Where is all of the updates? :P

This made me think of this classic clip from Blazing Saddles

Just replace white women with LTE updates

• Like 4

Looks like I hit some 8t8r during testing on central park west near 62nd st, it has a GCI starting with "13" instead of "12" for B25 or 02/03 for clear.

nice I'll have to walk by that way.
  • Like 1