Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Picked up B26 in Woodside, was in the elevator with my wife and saw her phone (iPhone 5S) on LTE, and mine on 3G, and my One M8 on B26. Was awesome to see!

• Like 2

Picked up B26 in Woodside, was in the elevator with my wife and saw her phone (iPhone 5S) on LTE, and mine on 3G, and my One M8 on B26. Was awesome to see!

Your wife may let you see her phone now, but do not count on it after the honeymoon period is over...

:P

AJ

• Like 1

My god.. Triband really makes a difference in the financial district! Getting 15-20mbps on band 41 with my nexus 5 vs.. 0.05mbps with my note 2.... Will band 25 ever be usable??

Where in FiDi because as of this past Saturday there still wasn't any band 41 around wall st around 4/5 2/3 lines and over.

Noticed something weird about Sprint In this particular situation. Im in Roosevelt Field Mall normally I get straight 3G no LTE EXCEPT for when I'm in the food court. I don't understand or know where the signal is coming from because as soon as I exit the mall, I go right back to 3G with not a trace of LTE in the distance [emoji23]. Anyone wanna try to explain where this random 2 bar LTE signal is coming from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noticed something weird about Sprint In this particular situation. Im in Roosevelt Field Mall normally I get straight 3G no LTE EXCEPT for when I'm in the food court. I don't understand or know where the signal is coming from because as soon as I exit the mall, I go right back to 3G with not a trace of LTE in the distance [emoji23]. Anyone wanna try to explain where this random 2 bar LTE signal is coming from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps a repeater or something similar in the mall? Is there a Sprint store in the building?

My god.. Triband really makes a difference in the financial district! Getting 15-20mbps on band 41 with my nexus 5 vs.. 0.05mbps with my note 2.... Will band 25 ever be usable??

I'm using it right now in Woodside to watch Netflix on my iPad Mini.

just want to share. I got a new phone, LG G3. it seems to be prioritizing band 41. it bounces between 41 and 25 and sometimes 26 when i am deep inside the building, but primarily on band 41. Overall, I am very impressed with the service and also the phone! it is a amazing phone. it has problem with signalcheck pro app. when connected to LTE, 1xRRT or 1x800 signal doesnt work. I rely on the sprint engineer screen ##debug#. whoever going to upgrade anytime soon, definitely check this phone out guys. 

• Like 1

just want to share. I got a new phone, LG G3. it seems to be prioritizing band 41. it bounces between 41 and 25 and sometimes 26 when i am deep inside the building, but primarily on band 41. Overall, I am very impressed with the service and also the phone! it is a amazing phone. it has problem with signalcheck pro app. when connected to LTE, 1xRRT or 1x800 signal doesnt work. I rely on the sprint engineer screen ##debug#. whoever going to upgrade anytime soon, definitely check this phone out guys. 

Nice buy! glad to see its running well, and yes, B41 is always set to the highest priority for obvious reasons. Our market has had huge improvements in terms of B41 optimization (B26 still needs work) I'm assuming you have not used a triband device with SCP before. Triband devices are single path, and only display either LTE or 1xrtt/800. 

No issues with SCP. You are not connected to 1x when you are connected to LTE. I have a G3 as well and SCP works perfectly with it. That's just the nature of tri-band devices.

Sent from my Nexus 5

No issues with SCP. You are not connected to 1x when you are connected to LTE. I have a G3 as well and SCP works perfectly with it. That's just the nature of tri-band devices.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I guess two answers are better than one....lol! 

Just Teasin Dave!  ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5

when these triband phones are on LTE, how do you get calls and texts? Also when I get calls, LTE disappears, unlike galaxy note 2. on note 2, you still had LTE when i was on the phone call. 

when these triband phones are on LTE, how do you get calls and texts? Also when I get calls, LTE disappears, unlike galaxy note 2. on note 2, you still had LTE when i was on the phone call.

It disappears for the same reason you're not connected to 1x while on LTE, there's ONE radio path. Triband phones use ecsfb, a software that pings the phone and tells it hey there's a phone call so drop LTE and grab me some 1x for a minute or two.

Link: 

Sprint Triband LTE phones dropped SVLTE for eCSFB/CSFB

Up until these new Triband devices, previous Sprint LTE devices supported simultaneous voice and LTE (SVLTE). It could do so with two separate transmission paths from the antennas to the chipset. Voice/texting could run via 1xRTT on one transmission path. LTE could run a separate path, allowing data and voice to be used simultaneously.

In contrast, Sprint Triband LTE devices do not support two separate transmission paths. They have one path, shared by voice/SMS and data.

How it works

In previous Sprint LTE phones, when a device was in Sprint LTE coverage it would park in both the LTE and CDMA Sprint networks at the same time. When a voice call came in, it would just go straight through to the device. And signal to the LTE network would be maintained the whole time while the call was active.

In contrast, a Sprint Triband LTE device can only stay on one technology at a time. CDMA or LTE, not both. So when a Sprint LTE Triband device is in Sprint LTE coverage it parks only in LTE. And doing so means it cannot transmit calls without Circuit Switched Fallback (CSFB) on the network side. CSFB and eCSFB (Enhanced Circuit Switched Fallback) are network controls that will allow a single mode/single path network to operate in two modes, both CDMA and LTE.

Here is how it works in the simplest way I can describe. When your Triband LTE device has an LTE signal, it cannot receive or make calls on its own. It is just using LTE data happily. However, what if someone calls you? How does it get through the CDMA network to your device? Via CSFB.

When the Sprint network tries to forward a call to your device but cannot see it via CDMA, it then checks for an LTE connection to your device. If it sees one, it tells your device to disconnect from LTE for a moment and reconnect to CDMA. Your device then jumps over to take the call on Sprint CDMA and the LTE session is interrupted. This happens very fast and seamlessly. Except for the loss of data availability. If you receive a text, the Sprint network is able to route it to your device via LTE.

Circuit Switched Fallback is a great solution to the issue of Sprint Triband LTE smartphones.

• Like 2

Link:

Up until these new Triband devices, previous Sprint LTE devices supported simultaneous voice and LTE (SVLTE). It could do so with two separate transmission paths from the antennas to the chipset. Voice/texting could run via 1xRTT on one transmission path. LTE could run a separate path, allowing data and voice to be used simultaneously.

In contrast, Sprint Triband LTE devices do not support two separate transmission paths. They have one path, shared by voice/SMS and data.

How it works

In previous Sprint LTE phones, when a device was in Sprint LTE coverage it would park in both the LTE and CDMA Sprint networks at the same time. When a voice call came in, it would just go straight through to the device. And signal to the LTE network would be maintained the whole time while the call was active.

In contrast, a Sprint Triband LTE device can only stay on one technology at a time. CDMA or LTE, not both. So when a Sprint LTE Triband device is in Sprint LTE coverage it parks only in LTE. And doing so means it cannot transmit calls without Circuit Switched Fallback (CSFB) on the network side. CSFB and eCSFB (Enhanced Circuit Switched Fallback) are network controls that will allow a single mode/single path network to operate in two modes, both CDMA and LTE.

Here is how it works in the simplest way I can describe. When your Triband LTE device has an LTE signal, it cannot receive or make calls on its own. It is just using LTE data happily. However, what if someone calls you? How does it get through the CDMA network to your device? Via CSFB.

When the Sprint network tries to forward a call to your device but cannot see it via CDMA, it then checks for an LTE connection to your device. If it sees one, it tells your device to disconnect from LTE for a moment and reconnect to CDMA. Your device then jumps over to take the call on Sprint CDMA and the LTE session is interrupted. This happens very fast and seamlessly. Except for the loss of data availability. If you receive a text, the Sprint network is able to route it to your device via LTE.

Circuit Switched Fallback is a great solution to the issue of Sprint Triband LTE smartphones.

thank you. i thought there was something wrong with my phone. 

Link:

How it works

Just curious do iPhones also rely on eCSFB or do they use some Apple "magic"??

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Just curious do iPhones also rely on eCSFB or do they use some Apple "magic"??

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Iphones ping the network every few seconds for a fraction of a second.