Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

You should check your engineering screens mid call. Mine have been Service Option 68 which is not HD Voice. I believe Service Option 7 is HD Voice.

I will take a screen shot when its on. I have connected to it a few times.

My speeds have stabilized, between 8-15mb/sec offpeak times and 2-6mb/sec peak. I'm pretty happy with the performance, went from barely able to stream Pandora on low quality to not having any issues with Netflix. Can't wait till I get the spark update for my N5. I am completely surrounded by band 41. Would be awesome to improve those peak time speeds.

• Like 1

Yep snail snail snail..All the fast 4G hype died down and getting bogged down...most of the time my 3g is faster than 4G in brooklynSent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Sprint works like a snail. Figure end of 2015

Alcatel Lucent is the only company to not have any 800LTE sites. However, of their 800CDMA is any indication of the LTE buildout, itll probably be a wave of sites accepted.

• Like 1

Looking in as a third person, Sprint is the worst carrier in the NYC as of now. I advise against anyone to switch to sprint at this point. things might change in the future, but AS OF NOW, sprint is the worst carrier in NYC without any hesitation. 

Edited by pslee

Looking in as a third person, Sprint is the worst carrier in the NYC as of now. I advise against anyone to switch to sprint at this point. things might change in the future, but AS OF NOW, sprint is the worst carrier in NYC without any hesitation. 

I have watched Verizon turn absolutely atrocious in midtown Manhattan, and ATT seems to no longer achieve great speeds as well, (Sprint on Spark blows them away where its available)and Tmobile coverage is questionable outside the city limits and not particularly good indoors. So, to make a flat out blanket statement like that, really is meaningless. 

• Like 4

Advise? yeah like you are the authority on which is and isn't the best carrier to have.  

Worst? that depends on many variables, phone, location, density, etc which leads me to this...

I have watched Verizon turn absolutely atrocious in midtown Manhattan, and ATT seems to no longer achieve great speeds as well, (Sprint on Spark blows them away where its available)and Tmobile coverage is questionable outside the city limits and not particularly good indoors. So, to make a flat out blanket statement like that, really is meaningless

Correct. Quite meaningless and pointless in a Sprint Network Vision deployment community forum. Especially where the majority (members and staff alike) cannot do anything about the system by making it faster in speeds, quicker in deployment etc.

Its actually quite astonishing how far they have gotten and especially in NYC and its surrounding areas. As dense as this place is its going to take time to get things on track and up to the level of acceptance that some need (not want). 

Bottom line, 

We all are just reporting the progress of the deployment, be it in reports from secret underground personnel to members mapping out on Sensorly etc. I too have experience LTE and then all of a sudden back to 3G. Some spots are better than others, but there is no reason to complain (especially here). many in the city have experience LTE. I have and know it is coming for all areas and therefore will patiently wait. 

But for those that can't wait, or have to complain about anything with Sprint, just do yourselves and everyone a favor and STFU, get out of Sprint and go on to another carrier that you feel will be better. I hear T-Mobile will gladly take you and pay the etf, But do remember this, it is not always as green on the other side as the saying goes. (Well actually it is for the carrier, they are the ones that are full of green bills that once were in your wallet). 

• Like 6

I have watched Verizon turn absolutely atrocious in midtown Manhattan, and ATT seems to no longer achieve great speeds as well, (Sprint on Spark blows them away where its available)and Tmobile coverage is questionable outside the city limits and not particularly good indoors. So, to make a flat out blanket statement like that, really is meaningless. 

pslee said "AS OF NOW". I agree with that. Spark isn't widely available in NYC yet either. I haven't heard from anyone here saying they are getting 60Mbps every where in NYC. I think I saw 1 person mention getting Spark one or 2 times. I took a look at the maps and still don't see any improvement in financial district or most of northeastern Queens. By far, the worst and I would stop anyone from getting Sprint as of now as well. 2015, could be different but not right now. And not especially for those who want and need iPhones.

Advise? yeah like you are the authority on which is and isn't the best carrier to have.  

Worst? that depends on many variables, phone, location, density, etc which leads me to this...

Correct. Quite meaningless and pointless in a Sprint Network Vision deployment community forum. Especially where the majority (members and staff alike) cannot do anything about the system by making it faster in speeds, quicker in deployment etc.

Its actually quite astonishing how far they have gotten and especially in NYC and its surrounding areas. As dense as this place is its going to take time to get things on track and up to the level of acceptance that some need (not want). 

Bottom line, 

We all are just reporting the progress of the deployment, be it in reports from secret underground personnel to members mapping out on Sensorly etc. I too have experience LTE and then all of a sudden back to 3G. Some spots are better than others, but there is no reason to complain (especially here). many in the city have experience LTE. I have and know it is coming for all areas and therefore will patiently wait. 

But for those that can't wait, or have to complain about anything with Sprint, just do yourselves and everyone a favor and STFU, get out of Sprint and go on to another carrier that you feel will be better. I hear T-Mobile will gladly take you and pay the etf, But do remember this, it is not always as green on the other side as the saying goes. (Well actually it is for the carrier, they are the ones that are full of green bills that once were in your wallet). 

I don't think there is anything wrong with speaking their frustration on the slow deployment. I don't see it as complaining but showing their frustration and to hear from other NYC users. To me it seems like you are complaining and frustrated.

this is exact reason why I do think this forum is a bit biased against other carriers. We all have sprint and looking forward to have best service across the board and sprint has the good long run plan ahead. But if you have used other carrier's data plan in NYC, you would have noticed how far back sprint is in terms of LTE coverage and speed. I have experience the worst coverage and service in 2013, and if you guys are still happy with it, I am speechless. 

• Like 2

this is exact reason why I do think this forum is a bit biased against other carriers. We all have sprint and looking forward to have best service across the board and sprint has the good long run plan ahead. But if you have used other carrier's data plan in NYC, you would have noticed how far back sprint is in terms of LTE coverage and speed. I have experience the worst coverage and service in 2013, and if you guys are still happy with it, I am speechless. 

This is a Sprint NV related forum so it would be biased. Can't fault anyone for that. I understand the frustration since I feel the same. My gf thinks I'm crazy for being happy to see LTE ever so often. She's on AT&T. That is the environment we live in.

• Like 1

You come into a Sprint site and start badmouthing Sprint and shocked that people respond and don't thank you?  Please.

Why can't you accept that some people are happy with their Sprint service?  Why do you feel the need to try to convince people otherwise?  To have people in NYC say they are happy with their Sprint service is not a bias against other carriers.  Especially in a Sprint forum.  Why is the only acceptable opinion to you is that Sprint sucks?  Seems kind of trollish.

Robert

• Like 3