Jump to content

J.D. Power 2012 U.S. wireless network quality performance study--Vol 2


Recommended Posts

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

  • gallery_1_23_9202.png

  • Posts

    • What devices should do, and what they actually do, are two very different things! As you've probably heard me mention countless times, many of those screens get information in a proprietary manner directly from the modem; apps like SignalCheck can only get what the OS is reporting. I did find your earlier reports, and as I guessed, the OS was reporting valid signal strength. I will try to figure out a solution.
    • Service mode shows the SIM as having no service, so I would think the device should report that. I believe I sent a diagnostic report a little while back—can you check to see if you have it?
    • Interesting, that doesn't happen on my P7. Can you send me a diagnostic report the next time you see that please? Hopefully the phone isn't actually reporting the -115, that will be tricky.
    • Hey Mike—another dual SIM bug. If one SIM loses service, it doesn’t disappear from the app.  I’ve seen this a couple times—my Dish SIM will lose service (confirmed in service mode), but SCP won’t stop displaying -115 or so. And it logs a data point at that signal every time the location updates.  Along the same lines, I have a custom trigger set up for 313340 (Dish), and the custom trigger keeps firing when this is happening. 
    • TLDR: not really 😂 With dual SIM, initially I was struggling to keep the info from each SIM separate but updating properly. I figured out how to get each to update without negatively impacting the other SIM's process.. which caused those processes to run on separate threads. On some devices (notably your e5 Play), the OS doesn't like the separate threads updating the UI. But it was only a very small subset of devices. And at first, the crash reports gave the correct crash reason but it was pointing to unrelated parts of the code. Once I cleaned up some other bugs, the crash reports pointed me directly to what I needed.
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...