Was that you on Rockledge Blvd?

Yes. I plan on looking south of where Wildman was, tomorrow.

Nice..I love collaboration..Did you have any issues picking up the signal? Did you have to toggle at all

Nice..I love collaboration..Did you have any issues picking up the signal? Did you have to toggle at all

My phone picked up the signal well. I never had to toggle. There's a slight lag, but that's understandable.

I just went out for a quick drive around the area and did find LTE. It's mapped on Sensorly. I will drive around some more tomorrow to see where the signal ends in all directions.

Was that you on Rockledge Blvd?

Yes. I plan on looking south of where Wildman was, tomorrow.

Just looking at the current Sensorly map and your Speedtest screenshots earlier, I suspect that the source of your LTE signal might be found around the Sensorly hotspot about 2-3 miles to the northwest of your track on Rockledge Blvd. It is pretty clear from both Sensorly and your own screenshots that you did not have a very strong LTE signal where you were, even though your CDMA 1x signal -- as shown on your status screen and notification bar -- was quite decent from a different, nearby tower. (And once again, I gently suggest that it would help if you gain access to the Sponsor maps so you will know where to look for the Sprint tower sites. That really saves a lot of time and guesswork.)

I drove around some more today. The Sensorly map should be updated.

Did you go further south like you planned? Looks like you may have and the signal faded

Did you go further south like you planned? Looks like you may have and the signal faded

I did. I was driving to Melbourne and lost the signal before I got out of Rockledge. I also filled in some of the areas Wildman didn't get to.

Thats awesome man good work..do you live in that area?

Anyone want to chime in here? based on Wildman, Sloppy,and someone unknown who should be part of this site this may be one tower lighting up this area likely where the darker shade is located. I do wonder about the blip at the port though. There is a site in that area but I'm assuming the port blip would be a darker shade even if just one sector was working. If Sprint were being strategic I would have that one on full blast so people from other parts of the country that were leaving for cruises would have a taste of whats coming soon. That's why I'M surprised Disney or Orlando isnt lit up

Sprint really didn't pick when and where the broadband connections were going to be available though.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Anyone want to chime in here? based on Wildman, Sloppy,and someone unknown who should be part of this site this may be one tower lighting up this area likely where the darker shade is located. I do wonder about the blip at the port though. There is a site in that area but I'm assuming the port blip would be a darker shade even if just one sector was working. If Sprint were being strategic I would have that one on full blast so people from other parts of the country that were leaving for cruises would have a taste of whats coming soon. That's why I'M surprised Disney or Orlando isnt lit up

Looking at all the available evidence -- Sensorly tracks, the screenshots upthread and the all-important Sponsor maps that show the actual tower locations -- I think it is more than clear that there is only one live LTE site discovered anywhere in the vicinity so far. Wildman located it easily, apparently with the aid of the Sponsor maps, but properly did not identify the Sprint tower ID in this public thread . All the other tracks in the area just confirm that coverage pattern around the site, and confirm that no LTE registers at any other nearby Sprint tower. (Almost certainly, that could be verified empirically with the aid of the LTE Engineering screens to compare the IDs of the sector radios at various observation points.)

Thats awesome man good work..do you live in that area?

Yes, I do. I might check out the Port at some point.

• Like 1

Ill be going out of that port on a ship in a few weeks. I suspect the Sensorly map will be much different by then.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

The site is located on clearlake rd in cocoa directly accross from 644 clearlake rd.

The city of Olando has a number of permits pulled but this is the only site that is indicating anything other then issued. "633 LAKE DOT CIR// Certificate of Appearance Review Issued// Removal of five (5) existing antennas and install three (3) new antennas"

The city of Olando has a number of permits pulled but this is the only site that is indicating anything other then issued. "633 LAKE DOT CIR// Certificate of Appearance Review Issued// Removal of five (5) existing antennas and install three (3) new antennas"

That's not too far from me... maybe 2 1/2 miles

That's not too far from me... maybe 2 1/2 miles

Yeah that's right about downtown orlando. Very close to me as well. Wonder when the work will get started.

There's another Orlando market site that showed up this week south of Palm Bay near a place called Grant.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

There's another Orlando market site that showed up this week south of Palm Bay near a place called Grant.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

Wow, Grant?! There's nothing down there. I have been doing some biological surveys down that way. I will keep an eye out for signal.

• Like 2

Driving through apopka, Maitland and casselberry in a bit with sensorly.

• Like 1

Maybe I will do the same when I get home through my neck of the woods (pine hills)

Just wanted to share what I found today. I've been lurking here for a while, and never thought I'd need an account, but this was too good not to share. LTE is being tested in Cocoa, FL at a tower on Clearlake Road. I happened to look down at my phone today and saw the 4G icon. I quickly took a short field trip to the tower, located about a mile away. There were 2 guys sitting outside the building, looking at a laptop. I yelled at them "You guys are my heroes!" They replied "4G, yeah!" It was a geek moment. They told me that they were just testing the LTE, and that we wouldn't be fully on-line for another couple of months. But wow, those first tastes of 4G LTE are ever so sweet!

Pics of my speed test is attached.

post-7270-0-02159900-1352150993_thumb.jpg

post-7270-0-38144400-1352150993_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

I saw some guys working on the tower that's within a mile from my house, in Palm Bay, today. Didn't have the time to stop and talk to them or get any pictures. Might go by there tomorrow, after I vote and see if I can speak to them and get some pics.

Hey Guys, I was in Cocoa today, at the corner of Clearlake rd. and Dixon blvd. for work and was checking the 4G and did a speedtest and this is what I got

post-2961-0-28309300-1352251246_thumb.png

Come on guys keep the post going i live in Orlando, Fl and i need some LTE love lol Keep the news going much more info here than other place lol