The link you posted is the one I had looked at. Orlando is not there. I also don't see much progress in the LTE Deployment Running list forum and there is nothing even "in progress" on the NV Sites Complete map for Ericsson. Keep in mind Disney is not Orlando, it is not even in the same county.

Thanks for all the responses.

You keep in mind that Disney is in the Orlando market. Sprint is upgrading the WHOLE market, which means Orlando is seeing upgrades, they just aren't live. We don't get information on every 'in progress' site, just ones where Robert has a source, or a member sees work going on.

So all the info is member-reported? I did not realize that. Thanks for the info!

A lot of the in-progress info is member reported. However, occasionally Robert does get info from a source as to which towers are in progress, but only some of them. We definitely do not have info on all in-progress towers.

You keep in mind that Disney is in the Orlando market. Sprint is upgrading the WHOLE market, which means Orlando is seeing upgrades, they just aren't live. We don't get information on every 'in progress' site, just ones where Robert has a source, or a member sees work going on.

Yea Disney is definitely part of Orlando. 20 or so minutes south of downtown.

When it comes to "In Progress" sites in the NV Sites Complete map, about half are from sources and half are from members. And only a fraction of the actual In Progress sites around the country are shown. Maybe 10% or so would be my guess.

If I learn about a site in progress, I mark it on the maps.

Robert

• Like 1

I saw some workers on two towers in Hobe Sound a few weeks back and when they left it looked like network vision equipment had been installed, however no 4g. Then this morning I got a wonderful surprise, they must have flipped on the switch. So I opened up sensorly and mapped it. I’ll do some more exploring later today after work.

post-799-0-23741300-1356100814_thumb.png

post-799-0-38403500-1356100893_thumb.png

• Like 1

Wow, I can see quite a stretch of 4G purple in Oviedo. :tu:

That was me, I saw the 4G icon this morning and started to run sensorly to log it in. I just signed up today to report this 4G signal, but have been looking over this forum for a little bit to stay caught up on LTE

I got notification of the Oviedo tower yesterday and put it up on the maps and posted it in the NV Sites Complete comments yesterday. I'm glad someone was able to go map it.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I just put my first blip on the sensorly map at Gaylord Palms by International Dr. and Osceola Parkway. I can't believe I lost 4G before I did a speed test. How are the speeds like so far? 15-20 down 5 up or so?

With a really strong signal, it can be up to 37.5Mbps DL and 15Mbps UL. 20-25Mbps speeds are common. If you have less than 10Mbps, then you likely have a weak LTE signal.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Faint LTE signal just showed up a few hundred feet from my house. And in Oviedo, coverage seems to be expanding A LOT faster than it did at Disney. It looks like all of us will be seeing initial coverage in the next couple of weeks hopefully.

• Like 1

Question relating to Orlando and 3G. I only have a 3G phone and keep looking at the 4G locations for hope 3G will also be improved.

After looking at root metrics maps, how is it that Sprint can have 1Mbps then 0Mbps less than 100 feet away? Is this due to back haul issues or mapping at different times in the day?

When looking at Verizon / ATT they are very consistent. Sprint seems to be all over the map with Green to Grey strength signals. Just curious as to the cause and if we believe Network Vision will improve on this.

Question relating to Orlando and 3G. I only have a 3G phone and keep looking at the 4G locations for hope 3G will also be improved. After looking at root metrics maps, how is it that Sprint can have 1Mbps then 0Mbps less than 100 feet away? Is this due to back haul issues or mapping at different times in the day? When looking at Verizon / ATT they are very consistent. Sprint seems to be all over the map with Green to Grey strength signals. Just curious as to the cause and if we believe Network Vision will improve on this.

3G improvements have not yet started in Orlando. 3G will be improved as part of Network Vision, but for some reason the company doing to upgrades in Orlando has not started the 3G work yet.

Network speed tests that you see on Root Metrics can vary a lot, even in the same place. Speeds can vary from very slow during the day, to pushing 1-1.5Mbps at night. So most likely what you are seeing is differences due to mapping at different times of day or week. NV will help to even that out. It will also give a slight boost to signal strength, and make that more even across the area too.

I just put my first blip on the sensorly map at Gaylord Palms by International Dr. and Osceola Parkway.

This is a Gaylord Hotels property, right? That name has become the butt of jokes because of Gaylord Focker and this...

I've been trying to quit drinking. The other day I drank a 12-pack of O'Doul's, and I went riding around in my car and I got pulled over by a cop. He's like, "Son, have you been drinking?" And I'm like, "Uh, sort of." he said, "What have you been drinking?" and I said "O'Doul's, nonalcoholic beer." And he wrote me a ticket for being a gaylord.

:P

AJ

• Like 3

Patterns? No. Things are still moving in the Orlando market. I imagine you will see sites start going live in both cities in the next 30-60 days.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

Talking about hitting the nail right square on the head. Activity in both places and all over in general. Thanks Robert!!

I just uploaded 1 more site as In Progress in the Orlando market over in the NV Sites Complete maps. It is located in a rural area off US 27 between Clermont and WDW. This site is actually accepted as complete with 4G Network Vision upgrades and will appear in next week's update.

Robert

• Like 1

I was out for a drive today and picked up 4G on Avlon Rd near Malcom Rd. Sensorly read 9 points 4G and over 1200 points 3G.

Unfortunatly after I turned around to head back towards Disney, Sensorly Crashed and when I re started all the pionts were gone. After that I got some points by Avlon and Seidel Rd and most of the rest just confermed 4G in the Disney area.

At least I now know 4G works on my rooted Note 2

Did a speed test in the disney area, best was 12.39Mbps down and 11.88Mbps up.

1st attempt at posting some screenshots.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24487860/Screenshot_2012-12-27-21-15-15.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24487860/Screenshot_2012-12-27-21-15-29.png

• Like 1

Hi where I live my phone signal was messing up and my 3g data wad slowing down alot so my mom called sprint and they said the towers were at 57% and that crews were fixing the towers does that mean they are installing 4g? The sprint rep on the phone said in 3 days it would be fixed