I drove up and followed the path using Sensorly on Saturday the 8th around 4pm. No luck getting 4G LTE for me.

I toggled airplae mode on and off a few times too. Its only about a 25 min trip for me so i will try again in another week or two.

Phone info: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Sprint)

Mobile data ON

Network mode set to LTE/CDMA

Optimizer OFF

Edited by RSPC

It appears the Disney site is off for whatever reason. This happens sometimes in unlaunched markets. It will probably reappear in the not too distant future.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Robert,

Have you noticed any patterns with announced markets and work being done. There doesn't appear to be really any rhyme or reason. I ask because markets like Port Saint Lucie and Sebring were both announced back in Sept and it doesn't "appear" as if anything is really going on.

Robert,

Have you noticed any patterns with announced markets and work being done. There doesn't appear to be really any rhyme or reason. I ask because markets like Port Saint Lucie and Sebring were both announced back in Sept and it doesn't "appear" as if anything is really going on.

Patterns? No. Things are still moving in the Orlando market. I imagine you will see sites start going live in both cities in the next 30-60 days.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

Patterns? No. Things are still moving in the Orlando market. I imagine you will see sites start going live in both cities in the next 30-60 days.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

I didn't think so but thank you for the good news.

Yea the Disney sight does appear to be down. I was at the Gaylord Palms Resort this past weekend and didn't see any LTE.

Did you like that place? I was going to book there earlier this year but I couldn't break down and spend the cash.

I hope they turn the LTE switch on soon! I swaped my s2 for an s3 thinking it would be able to sue 4G until LTE came out, but did not research enough (my mistake) now I am just hoping that LTE comes SOON! I would love to see it start turning on at the start of the year. The tower by my house I saw them doing work to it, but they just started yesterday (heathrow/lake mary area) so we will see.. I hope it comes soooon!!!!!

Did you like that place? I was going to book there earlier this year but I couldn't break down and spend the cash.

Gaylord Palms is really freaking nice. MLG is usually there when it coems to Orlando, and the Hotel is amazing... restraunts, shops, all sorts of things.

Hello! I am new here and I have a few questions.

First off, I can't seem to find anywhere on the Sprint site where they have announced the Orlando market as getting LTE any time soon. If someone can point me to the announcement, that would be great! Even if they did announce it, the Orlando market includes more than just the metro Orlando area correct? Is the area defined anywhere? I know Cocoa already has some coverage, would they consider that the Orlando area? If so, then there is no guarantee that Orlando proper/Orange county may be getting LTE any time soon. Could someone clarify, please? I am trying to decide whether or not to upgrade my phone but don't want to give up WIMAX until LTE is ready. Thanks!

That's because they haven't. There are no guarantees. From everything I've heard and read, expect LTE to be launched in Orlando sometime in the spring. It didn't even make the "next few months" list, so I'm guessing April/May. Very unfortunate and disappointing. Orlando apparently is not a priority market.

Edited by gf11speed

Hello! I am new here and I have a few questions.

First off, I can't seem to find anywhere on the Sprint site where they have announced the Orlando market as getting LTE any time soon. If someone can point me to the announcement, that would be great! Even if they did announce it, the Orlando market includes more than just the metro Orlando area correct? Is the area defined anywhere? I know Cocoa already has some coverage, would they consider that the Orlando area? If so, then there is no guarantee that Orlando proper/Orange county may be getting LTE any time soon. Could someone clarify, please? I am trying to decide whether or not to upgrade my phone but don't want to give up WIMAX until LTE is ready. Thanks!

Orlando was announced several months ago. You can see the press release in this article: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-321-sprint-marketing-releases-a-4g-lte-city-list-where-work-is-under-way/

The Orlando market is a good chunk of central and east-central Florida. The entire Orlando market will receive upgrades over the next few months. I've attached a map of all Sprint markets below for reference.

gallery_1_5_299248.jpg

That's because they haven't. There are no guarantees. From everything I've heard and read, expect LTE to be launched in Orlando sometime in the spring. It didn't even make the "next few months" list, so I'm guessing April/May. Very unfortunate and disappointing.

Orlando was in the very first list. The latest announcement only ADDED cities to the list. None were pulled off.

Actually that is incorrect.

If you click on the link in the press release for the sprint site, you can see that Orlando was actually removed from that list. See for yourself:

http://newsroom.spri...82&view_id=8028

The initial list DID have Orlando on it but it was removed shortly after they posted it. I emailed Sprint specifically on this, and they told me that they added Orlando to that list on accident.

Edited by gf11speed

I wonder why we're not even on the "in the coming months" list if they are on track here. Trying to stay positive, but I can't seem to figure out why I'm so angry about all this lol

I have no idea. Maybe someone can do some digging on this, because it seems to me that Orlando is well ahead of many of the cities on that list. You are well ahead of many markets in the country with LTE sites already live in the market.

Orlando was announced several months ago. You can see the press release in this article: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-321-sprint-marketing-releases-a-4g-lte-city-list-where-work-is-under-way/

The Orlando market is a good chunk of central and east-central Florida. The entire Orlando market will receive upgrades over the next few months. I've attached a map of all Sprint markets below for reference.

gallery_1_5_299248.jpg

That map looks soooo familiar. ;)

Sent from a little old Note 2

• Like 1

Actually that is incorrect.

If you click on the link in the press release for the sprint site, you can see that Orlando was actually removed from that list. See for yourself:

http://newsroom.spri...82&view_id=8028

The initial list DID have Orlando on it but it was removed shortly after they posted it. I emailed Sprint specifically on this, and they told me that they added Orlando to that list on accident.

The link you posted is the one I had looked at. Orlando is not there. I also don't see much progress in the LTE Deployment Running list forum and there is nothing even "in progress" on the NV Sites Complete map for Ericsson. Keep in mind Disney is not Orlando, it is not even in the same county.

Thanks for all the responses.