can anyone please tell me the effective range of 1900mhz and 800mhz please

That's a rather difficult question to answer.

Every site is different. Depending on the setup, whether the site is urban or rural, the coverage can range from a couple blocks to nearly 10 miles. Of course, if there is anything significant in the way, buildings, terrain, etc, it will block the signal.

800 LTE will have a better range, but we have not seen how well it works yet, so we don't know exactly what that range will be like yet.

can anyone please tell me the effective range of 1900mhz and 800mhz please

No. We do not offer those kinds of generalizations -- they cannot predict real world performance.

AJ

That's a rather difficult question to answer.

Every site is different. Depending on the setup, whether the site is urban or rural, the coverage can range from a couple blocks to nearly 10 miles. Of course, if there is anything significant in the way, buildings, terrain, etc, it will block the signal.

800 LTE will have a better range, but we have not seen how well it works yet, so we don't know exactly what that range will be like yet.

i see what you mean well what that tells me in my area i should experiance decent coverage at 2 miles. i live in a beach town and it is not urban in any sense of the term. the biggest building is a 2 story house lol. what about indoor performance on this i am just looking for personal experiance like how many bars do you get on sprint 4g LTE laying in bed?

i see what you mean well what that tells me in my area i should experiance decent coverage at 2 miles. i live in a beach town and it is not urban in any sense of the term. the biggest building is a 2 story house lol. what about indoor performance on this i am just looking for personal experiance like how many bars do you get on sprint 4g LTE laying in bed?

How many do I get? None. There's no LTE in my part of town.

When I'm in KC, I get about a -110 - -100dBm signal in my parents house. However, that's within a mile of three different cell sites.

It really depends on the materials your house was constructed out of what the indoor performance is going to be like. An all brick-concrete building is going to be much worse than a wooden structure.

• Like 1

I am inside my apartment currently. The tower on lake under hill which is roughly 1 mile away can barely give me a signal next to the window of my apartment. Keep in mind I am on the 3rd floor and overlook a nature preserve area. The tower however, is actually opposite of the side my apartment faces, and a little bit more south. This means the signal has to travel through my building, which is a large apartment building to get into my house, or I catch whatever signal is coming to the side of the building and not being interrupted by our building walls.

When I am outside on the ground floor, I do not have an LTE signal probably because it is blocked by the buildings.. When I am around my lake which is in the center of my apartment neighborhood with no buildings, I have a LTE signal with excellent down and up. Everywhere else appears to be a dead zone. When i am in the movie theater across the street and is closer to the tower, which  I wouldn't expect to have excellent coverage in anyway because those things are bunkers... I have LTE outside, but as soon as I get inside it slips away. So it really varies... ( I am also not accounting for that my area is not completely launched and this could all change when all of the towers around me have been upgraded)

1900 mhz is going to be good once its deployed on all the towers. 1900 can be as good, if not better than 800 if there are enough towers to prevent any coverage gaps but there will always be that issue with it not being able to penetrate inside buildings better when on 1900. This is why ATT and Verizon have claim to have the most reliable network because they run 750 or 850 something not sure who is which along with 1900 which allows them to have a broader range.) Get a multi band or tri band phone. It'll be worth it in the long wrong. And if you are contemplating switching to T mobile.. I am pretty sure they only utilize 1700 and1900 mhz with 1700 used for their 3g and 1900 used for HSPA, which is pretty fast but again will lack inside.

So reasons why I stick with sprint:

1. Promis of a better network in future, and pretty much guarantee of a a network coverage comparable or better than Verizon and att.

2. Unlimited data, which I am finding I can rack up when I have a decent LTE signal

3. Their customer service is still better than any company I have ever dealt, ATT are blood suckers.

4. Locked into 2 year contract and I am not leaving now

5. I have seen what their network vision upgrades do down in Stuart, and it is well worth the wait.

6. Softbank has some of the best ratings in their country, and is going to push for the same and best network over here. And they just infused 8 billion dollars of pretty spending money into Sprint. I'd take .0000125 percent of that and be happy.

7. 800 mhz and 1900 are supported on my 5S.

8. My bill is 77 dollars a month with insurance on my phone. lol 

Edited by jamisonshaw125
  • Like 2

And also, I got this test standing outside my friends house in DP basically right off Walace and Apopkavineland with only 2 bars of LTE. supahyge.jpg

Pretty amazing in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always had an abysmal signal in that area as I live pretty close to it. It's definitely a relief to see a speedtest like this.

• Like 1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ubod67gfvketsu/bill.jpg

Meh, I never knew that watching YouTube videos on my lunch breaks would use up so much data XD

LOL WOW. I wonder If i will be like that when I intentionally stop using my wifi and use LTE instead. :D

I am inside my apartment currently. The tower on lake under hill which is roughly 1 mile away can barely give me a signal next to the window of my apartment. Keep in mind I am on the 3rd floor and overlook a nature preserve area. The tower however, is actually opposite of the side my apartment faces, and a little bit more south. This means the signal has to travel through my building, which is a large apartment building to get into my house, or I catch whatever signal is coming to the side of the building and not being interrupted by our building walls.

When I am outside on the ground floor, I do not have an LTE signal probably because it is blocked by the buildings.. When I am around my lake which is in the center of my apartment neighborhood with no buildings, I have a LTE signal with excellent down and up. Everywhere else appears to be a dead zone. When i am in the movie theater across the street and is closer to the tower, which I wouldn't expect to have excellent coverage in anyway because those things are bunkers... I have LTE outside, but as soon as I get inside it slips away. So it really varies... ( I am also not accounting for that my area is not completely launched and this could all change when all of the towers around me have been upgraded)

1900 mhz is going to be good once its deployed on all the towers. 1900 can be as good, if not better than 800 if there are enough towers to prevent any coverage gaps but there will always be that issue with it not being able to penetrate inside buildings better when on 1900. This is why ATT and Verizon have claim to have the most reliable network because they run 750 or 850 something not sure who is which along with 1900 which allows them to have a broader range.) Get a multi band or tri band phone. It'll be worth it in the long wrong. And if you are contemplating switching to T mobile.. I am pretty sure they only utilize 1700 and1900 mhz with 1700 used for their 3g and 1900 used for HSPA, which is pretty fast but again will lack inside.

So reasons why I stick with sprint:

1. Promis of a better network in future, and pretty much guarantee of a a network coverage comparable or better than Verizon and att.

2. Unlimited data, which I am finding I can rack up when I have a decent LTE signal

3. Their customer service is still better than any company I have ever dealt, ATT are blood suckers.

4. Locked into 2 year contract and I am not leaving now

5. I have seen what their network vision upgrades do down in Stuart, and it is well worth the wait.

6. Softbank has some of the best ratings in their country, and is going to push for the same and best network over here. And they just infused 8 billion dollars of pretty spending money into Sprint. I'd take .0000125 percent of that and be happy.

7. 800 mhz and 1900 are supported on my 5S.

8. My bill is 77 dollars a month with insurance on my phone. lol

Hope it works out well :-)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Oh so do I. Or I'll leave Sprint and head straight to ATT. But I have a feeling it will work out just like its supposed to.

You'd be surprised how good T-Mobile is. I have been mapping orlando like crazy with my Note 3.

• Like 1

You'd be surprised how good T-Mobile is. I have been mapping orlando like crazy with my Note 3.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm well I hope that's because their towers are all upgraded. I hope I can do that one day haha

Tmo has 4g LTE in my area too and they have 3 towers surrounding me in a range from a mile to 3 miles. The reason i am EVEN CONSIDERING going back to sprint is because from what i have seen of their 4g LTE is that it is CRAZY fast.... ive seen many videos and real life where sprint has whopped up on Verizon and ATT i have not used Tmo 4g LTE yet but i have also seen that it is very fast because of the low congestion and higher bandwidth. but like you said Softbank is very good company and i almost want to get on sprint so i can experience the rollout with softbank backing them,,,,,,,,, mmmm decisions decisions...

• Like 1

Tmo has 4g LTE in my area too and they have 3 towers surrounding me in a range from a mile to 3 miles. The reason i am EVEN CONSIDERING going back to sprint is because from what i have seen of their 4g LTE is that it is CRAZY fast.... ive seen many videos and real life where sprint has whopped up on Verizon and ATT i have not used Tmo 4g LTE yet but i have also seen that it is very fast because of the low congestion and higher bandwidth. but like you said Softbank is very good company and i almost want to get on sprint so i can experience the rollout with softbank backing them,,,,,,,,, mmmm decisions decisions...

One of the primary reasons I decided to stay with Sprint instead of going with ATT or Tmobile was because I hate Tmobile doing that 22 dollar a month crap on top of everything. And ATT data caps scare me. I honestly have never had LTE long enough to get above like 1gb of usage, but if I did... I probably would go over the ATT 3 gb very quickly.

Softbank is an excellent company, and they have the funds to prove it. As I said before. I have experienced areas where LTE is up and running, and it is incredible...and consistent. Consistency vs speed...In my eyes, consistency is more important. 

This was at the intersection of Central Florida and international Dr. Right by SeaWorld. Upload varied during the test with a max of 2.5. Not bad for the middle of the day. Can't wait to see this at Universal, whenever that will be. Haha

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Was at a friends house and comparing cellular providers because all the sprint users had to connect to wifi. And I was like you just wait, Sprint will be as good if not better than ATT and Verizon in due time. They're like no.....no way. I then wanted to explain the entire Network Vision rollout but I felt it would take an incredibly long time. So I just left it at there. 

Anyhow reason behind this post, is that the entire way from my house so like alafaya to under hill to 417 to lee vista blvd I had consistent steady LTE. It was nice. And then I got to the house and it was black hole haha. But, progress! 

• Like 1

Was at a friends house and comparing cellular providers because all the sprint users had to connect to wifi. And I was like you just wait, Sprint will be as good if not better than ATT and Verizon in due time. They're like no.....no way. I then wanted to explain the entire Network Vision rollout but I felt it would take an incredibly long time. So I just left it at there. 

Anyhow reason behind this post, is that the entire way from my house so like alafaya to under hill to 417 to lee vista blvd I had consistent steady LTE. It was nice. And then I got to the house and it was black hole haha. But, progress! 

That's how it is for me, I stay connected to LTE all the way from my home to my office and back but once I get into my house, dead zone - except for my bedroom window, get about 5mbps down from there.

• Like 1