Network Vision: A before and after comparison

I can dig around and find some. Someone just posted some good ones but I can't remember which thread I was in.

Are all of the panels in your area the little short and fat ones? Compared to the ones used in Texas?

Are all of the panels in your area the little short and fat ones? Compared to the ones used in Texas?

I'm curious as well since I believe the length of the panel is dependent on the type of signal, so all NV panels should be of similar length since they are all designed for 1900/800. I'm not sure how the short ones would work... ? Unless they are actually longer than they appear.

For the most part they are the long NV panels that support both 1900/800. At first thought, I thought it might of been the angle but taking a double look at it now and seeing that 800 MHz isn't even wired up... this site must have not been planned for 800 MHz since they put up the short fat panels.

I should get back to this site and check it out again. Looking at the other sectors, the panels look a bit longer.... so I'm wondering if for some reason they decided to do this 1 specific sector without 800 support.

In all my digging around the interwebs I did find them using a slightly different panel is some places but reviewing the specs had it about the same size. That one just looks odd. Figured all sites would have 800 support but maybe it is very close to another site.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

The one looks a lot like what ATT or T-mobile just installed one on my towers. Weird, I thought all Ericsson would use the same. There's like 4 different antennas up there and all the NV should have 6 ports right?

Don't know how useful this is but I went by my town water tower today and snapped a shot of what I'm 95% sure is the Sprint (NV) site by my house. Someone on here can probably elaborate quite a bit on what you see here.

DSCN0725.jpg

Don't know how useful this is but I went by my town water tower today and snapped a shot of what I'm 95% sure is the Sprint (NV) site by my house. Someone on here can probably elaborate quite a bit on what you see here.

DSCN0725.jpg

do you have the lat long or street address? We can verify it using the interactive map.

do you have the lat long or street address? We can verify it using the interactive map.

That is indeed the Sprint site. Just looked at the interactive maps again and the dot lands right on that water tower.

Sorry for the horrible picture (iphone fully zoomed in) but this is a tower that isn't marked as getting NV, but it has the horizontal boxes on each of the antennas. Does this look like a NV tower? This is a chicagoland tower, so Samsung equipment.

CDNeJ.png

How much throughput is wireless backhaul capable of having?

Microwave backhaul is variable, but can support up to 1Gbps in some instances. Depending on bandwidth size, distance travel, hardware used. I think there are even 3Gbps deployments now. However, if it is connected to 100Mbps AAV on the supply end, then it will be limited to 100Mbps speeds. There are so many variables, there is no way to really answer your question.

Robert

Sorry for the horrible picture (iphone fully zoomed in) but this is a tower that isn't marked as getting NV, but it has the horizontal boxes on each of the antennas. Does this look like a NV tower? This is a chicagoland tower, so Samsung equipment.

CDNeJ.png

I saw that with the latest updated this tower went from not even scheduled for NV to 4g!