Tower on network.sprint.com disappeared

This past week in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin There was 2 cell towers on the map at network.sprint.com but one has recently disappeared. Since this change I've been getting a lot of 1x. This doesn't pertain to just where I live. I've been getting 1x speed near Milwaukee, Wisconsin also. Has anyone else notice any towers that disappeared from the map?

post-1036-0-61156700-1344808651_thumb.png

Note that network.sprint.com does not show all Sprint sites. Just the ones with planned or recent upgrades. So either the site has completed upgrades, or they planned upgrades have been removed. It does not mean that there is no longer a Sprint site there anymore.

Robert

• Like 1

Note that network.sprint.com does not show all Sprint sites. Just the ones with planned or recent upgrades. So either the site has completed upgrades, or they planned upgrades have been removed. It does not mean that there is no longer a Sprint site there anymore.

Robert

Thats good to hear that its not gone from there sites. Is there a site that shows all the sprint towers?

Do I have to become part of the S4GRU Club to see this map?

To have interactive maps, yes. There are maps in the blog articles though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (nakasi) using Forum Runner

One thing I've noticed on the network.sprint.com maps is that sites disappear and then reappear quite often. My favorite local tower being one of them. I check that thing waaayyyy too often. :blink:

It was there in February when I first found out about Sprint's website, then it disappeared for a few days and then came back with a "data speed upgrade". It was there continuously for several months until it disappeared again in July. Again it was back a few days later with a data speed upgrade, and a week or so later a voice capacity upgrade was added to the list. Now this week the data speed upgrade is gone but the voice upgrade is still there.

It's just crazy. Almost as if they're resetting the dates so it can always be 6 months out or something. I don't know what's going on with the network.sprint.com site.

An update on my closest tower... (not that anyone cares but me :) )

Now network.sprint.com is showing this tower as having a Data Speed upgrade in the last six months so I guess they did something. However, my speed tests this morning aren't showing any better. Best I got was:

Ping: 316ms

Download: 143 kbps

Upload: 87 kbps

Oh well. At least NV backhaul should be there sometime in October if schedules hold.