LTE users: how accurate are Sprint's coverage maps?

For folks in Sprint's active LTE markets, can anyone comment as to the accuracy of Sprint's coverage maps in the areas they use their phones? I happen to be in an area depicted on the maps as having Wimax available outdoors at street level, but in 2-years of EVO/EVO 3d use, I've never experienced even a 'whiff' of 4G -- even on top of my roof, which is damn near 30' above the street.

Well it is pretty obvious and well documented that sprints lte maps are a bit exaggerated but progress is improving as each day goes by and the end results will be better than anything wimax.

• Like 1

Too me their maps are a flat out lie to consumers and they should be sued for it. LTE is still basically non-existent in every market you go.

Really? Sued for it? We all know Sprint LTE is in it's infancy and the maps are not accurate... but there isn't a valid reason to sue Sprint over it.

• Like 1

LTE is still basically non-existent in every market you go.

That is the worse lie, by any sober objective measure, no matter what the exaggerated Sprint maps say. I have seen plenty of evidence here and on other forums of lots of "non-existent" LTE service, and experienced a lot of it firsthand.

I'm just a guest here myself, but I think you will find that kind of provocative trolling without factual basis is not welcome.

Too me their maps are a flat out lie to consumers and they should be sued for it. LTE is still basically non-existent in every market you go.

Really? Sued for it? We all know Sprint LTE is in it's infancy and the maps are not accurate... but there isn't a valid reason to sue Sprint over it.

I do find Sprint's current LTE coverage maps puzzling. I chalk it up to a disconnect between marketing and engineering or problems with current LTE UEs (i.e. handsets), certainly not any malfeasance. Regardless, dguidry12 needs to cut back on the exaggerated negativity or find someplace else to complain. S4GRU is a venue for constructive discussion. No whining allowed.

AJ

• Like 1

That is the worse lie, by any sober objective measure, no matter what the exaggerated Sprint maps say. I have seen plenty of evidence here and on other forums of lots of "non-existent" LTE service, and experienced a lot of it firsthand.

I'm just a guest here myself, but I think you will find that kind of provocative trolling without factual basis is not welcome.

Sprint posts on its covergae maps "This tool provides high-level estimates of our wireless coverage. Coverage is not available everywhere and varies based on a number of factors." That about covers any laibility or charges of being less than truthful.

I apologize guys but I am getting very frustrated with Sprint's progress in markets it has already launched LTE. The Houston area has virtually no coverage of LTE or it has coverage but the signal is useless to our handsets. Take a look at the map Sprint has for the Houston area and it basically shows it covered like a blanket, however, the fact of the matter is that there is no connection. I come daily to check progress on the interactive map just to find a 1 percent upward tick in progress. Actually since the past month ive only seen a 2 percent ticket total. This is very frustrating too me especially when you notice an improvment in 3g for a short period of time as well. 2 weeks ago 3g showed great improvements all to fall right back down.

They all lie Verizon is the biggest lier.

Sprint posts on its covergae maps "This tool provides high-level estimates of our wireless coverage. Coverage is not available everywhere and varies based on a number of factors." That about covers any laibility or charges of being less than truthful.

They all lie Verizon is the biggest lier.

You are both reading my comment wrong. I am not defending Sprint's maps at all. I am defending reality and reason against trolls.

The truth is that the LTE coverage in Sprint's opening markets is still spotty, and does not match the official maps. And the coverage problems are magnified because the OTA fix on the handsets is going slowly . That does not mean coverage is "non-existent."