Network Vision/LTE - Ft. Wayne/South Bend Market

emburybrett

Clusters here have been active for over a month here ive noticed great improvements south of town where i used to loose signal on my way to my parents near potato creek. Also on the bypass between south bend and elkhart i get much better 3g and pandora works fine for the 5 mins i dont have lte. 3g used to worthless in that stretch.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Clusters here have been active for over a month here ive noticed great improvements south of town where i used to loose signal on my way to my parents near potato creek. Also on the bypass between south bend and elkhart i get much better 3g and pandora works fine for the 5 mins i dont have lte. 3g used to worthless in that stretch.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Same issues here

• 3 weeks later...

Hello.

At my lake house (summer home), my Galaxy S4 is always connected to eHRPD, and my tower has had 3G and 800mHz upgrades. I always thought that eHRPD ran through LTE backhaul (or core), and if the LTE backhaul is in place, why wouldn't they have turned on LTE? 

-- Chris

P.S. My tower is the Wolcottville, IN (46795) tower.

• 1 month later...

I think 800 is officially launched. I've actually been connected to 800 for the past 2 days lol.. only touched 1900 once and then went roaming on data and stayed on 800 voice xD

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if Edwardsburg is part of the Ft. Wayne/South Ben Market or another. I see eHRPD every now and then for a brief moment on my HTC One SV but most of the time I am on 1xRTT here with boost mobile. I would assume my phone is looking for or has found a LTE signal when it switches to eHRPD but it finds a very weak one that quickly disappears and then it switches back to 1xRTT. But according to both the Sprint and Boost Mobile coverage maps I am suppose to be recieving LTE here at home since I live about a mile from the Michigan Indiana Border.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Is there any word on band 26 and 41 LTE deployment in Fort Wayne?

Schedules for these two bands are in the Premier Sponsor section.  Our members are not at liberty to discuss the info in there.

Robert

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Another win for sprint on the rootmetrics :)http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/fort-wayne-in, Now just get band 41 deployed. Fort wayne will be enjoyable experience with sprint then :D

wow, that is an amazing win! Haha wow!! B41 will be started by summer, id imagine. When they took down the old antennas, they put up the equipment to hold the clearwire antennas :)

wow, that is an amazing win! Haha wow!! B41 will be started by summer, id imagine. When they took down the old antennas, they put up the equipment to hold the clearwire antennas :)

So 2.5ghz equipment is already up on towers in ft Wayne?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So 2.5ghz equipment is already up on towers in ft Wayne?

Oh no, not that yet. The metal pipe work that extends out from the tower that holds the equipment(atennas/RUUs). They put that up after they removed all of the old legacy equipment.

Edited by awsum gam3r

We got a schedule and accepted map of sprint 8t8r. So you could know about what time frame 8t8r will be going up and what has been accepted so far. If you upgrade to Premier Sponsor. Sadly the only thing I can tell you is that sprint is deploying 8t8r all over the united states. This I know sometimes can be a big step up from just being a member, but it is so worth it. I know a few guys who have went from member straight to Premier and they love being Premier member. They have not once regretted it :)

• Like 2

We got a schedule and accepted map of sprint 8t8r. So you could know about what time frame 8t8r will be going up and what has been accepted so far. If you upgrade to Premier Sponsor. Sadly the only thing I can tell you is that sprint is deploying 8t8r all over the united states. This I know sometimes can be a big step up from just being a member, but it is so worth it. I know a few guys who have went from member straight to Premier and they love being Premier member. They have not once regretted it :)

Oh believe me, if i had the extra cash for it, I would have. I love randomly checking out the towers for anything new. But with this 8t8r, It makes me want to do it even more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do people think that LTE service in fort Wayne is generally better than 6 months ago?? I'm out in aboite right now and its definitely way worse in the same spot than it was last spring....

B25/B26 were fully deployed back then. So it would only get worse not better. There are now a few B41 sites, so in those places it would be better for Triband devices.

Sprint service only improves by B41 capacity overlay in a mature B25/B26 market.

B25/B26 were fully deployed back then. So it would only get worse not better. There are now a few B41 sites, so in those places it would be better for Triband devices.

Sprint service only improves by B41 capacity overlay in a mature B25/B26 market.

Not just speed is worse but general signal levels are worse too...